Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Bringer of the End Times Needs a Nerf...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Bringer of the End Times Needs a Nerf... 33 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 2, 2013 12:56am | Report
Mage how to
Step 1) Build Breastplate of Valor
GG

Carry how to
Step 1) Don't be artemis
2) Use your dash/jump
GG

Seriously, Loki has a good initial burst, but survive that and he's SCREWED. The biggest problem with playing Loki, is it's exceptionally hard to initiate on anyone if you can't instantly 100-0 them, making you usually just stand around while your team slowly dies - you are NEVER able to jump in. And even if you CAN kill someone, you NEEDED to use vanish, and most likely ult, to do it, resulting in you being prime pickings for the enemy team to crush you.

As far as resilience goes, I'm convinced you're either mistaken, or their Loki built something no one ever should. He is literally the squishiest assassin in the game, and there's no argument. It's just factual. He will die in a straight up brawl. If he so much as sneezes near you, straight up murder him. Literally the only exception would be building voidblade, but anything past that is moronic.

TL;DR - just build a single defensive item and kill him when he looks at you funny.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » September 2, 2013 5:24am | Report
A lot of people only speak of the Pro's of Loki when it comes to nerfing him.

He is horrible at team fights.

Hard CC kills him.

Squishy like you wouldn't believe.

Plus, whenever there's a loki on the other team, you should all be tightly packed together. Loki get's his kills off of runners.

And also, Loki has ZERO AOE (If you call Decoy an AOE, then he has one sucky AOE)
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 2, 2013 6:50am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

A lot of people only speak of the Pro's of Loki when it comes to nerfing him.

He is horrible at team fights.

Hard CC kills him.

Squishy like you wouldn't believe.

Plus, whenever there's a loki on the other team, you should all be tightly packed together. Loki get's his kills off of runners.

And also, Loki has ZERO AOE (If you call Decoy an AOE, then he has one sucky AOE)

he is NOT horrible at team fights. he fights them not head on but jumps behind them. if the team is cramped you don't just Vanish then ult but you ult kill then vanish to escape. s

MOST gods are very squishy so that isn't a good argument. lots of cc kills everthing so that doesn't count especially since his ult could always get him out but you have to waste your ult which is somthing you should be prepared to do incase you are about to die.

you can always buy beads/aegis/c blink to escape.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » September 2, 2013 8:08pm | Report
I'm just going to say this: Play him. Go into any mode besides a 1v1 against the AI Ra, and play him for a few games.

What you'll notice is that he is not as resilient as you might think he is. He requires great skill to play well, and you always have to take risks when playing him. Always. If a Loki does well, it's because of one or two reasons (or both):

1. The enemy is bad and doesn't know how to counter him.

2. The Loki is skilled and knows how to play the God.

If I ever think that a God is OP, I try them out. So far, this has allowed me to find the OP 3: Hercules, Neith, and Freya. Loki might have a LOT of damage, but he is also by far the God with the most risk. High risk, high reward always calls for a challenge.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lrv7795 » September 2, 2013 9:47pm | Report
IMO, Loki is really only useful if he gets the jump on you. If you are prepared for him, you have a much better chance of surviving, especially when playing a mage. I played a 1v1 as Anubis against a Loki, and I would just wait there with my stun. As soon as he did his first bit of damage from vanish, I would turn around with a 2-3-4 and destroy him.

He doesn't need a nerf. You just need to majorly adjust your play style when you face him.

Lrv7795

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by rededge25 » September 3, 2013 4:38pm | Report
loki is strong i agree. and i thought he was op at the beginning as well when i first started playing. one thing about the lokis that i notice is that they are insanely predictable many gods have some form of cc. ive even gotten down to a timing to when a loki uses an aimed strike into his ult. (that ability is loud as hell) i usually catch them mid animation. do i get ganked by him when i over extend? yes. is he annoying? damn right he is. loki is the definition of a snowball character and it may seem impossible to counter him at first but as i kept on playing and learned the game he didnt become that much of an issue anymore. (my concerns are turned to guan yu and tyr atm lol). also head phones. one of the best counters to loki. however i will admit that his invisibility does too much imo. but thats about it. at least thats my two cents on the topic.

rededge25

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 3, 2013 7:36pm | Report

I really don't get the hype about Loki nerf...
He is a noob stomper for sure, but when it comes to countering him its really not a problem at all.

He is squishe as heck, you can stun/silence his stealth which is his only escape (except ulty) without a problem, his skills are loud (so just be ready with a stun when you hear him), he will always go for the carries (because that is his job) so protect them and that is basically how you counte him.

If you lack stuns in you lane or you are the carry you just have to be god with your positioning! A carry out of position is a free kill for Loki, so just don't push by yourself (unless you are Apollo and then you should just ult whenever you can here him coming). That way Loki won't get fed and a Loki that is behind is just not scary (but never go out of position even if he is behind).

And for the love of god don't turn your back to him!!

You...have no damn idea what you are talking about.

Not everyone plays a god with a stun or silence. I am rank 6 with Artemis. I sat in my tower's radius, next to Vulcan and both of his minitowers, surrounded by minions.

This is what they mean by resilience. Loki had literally nothing but the Heartseeker and Death's Toll, level 7. He just ****ing waltzed in, ulted me, stunned me, almost killed me, then vanished away like the ****head he is. My ultimate didn't target him. NEITHER DID THE ****ING TOWER! Then Neith killed me with a World Weave.

Same game, Neith shot me with a quick World Weave. Loki tower dived with Vanish, hit me with his ult, and fled. I died from the poison damage.

Same game, Loki did it again, but I managed to stun and root him before he could use vanish (I did it before he actually attacked). We both died, since his laning partner, Neith, tower dived and killed me since I was almost dead.

He tower dived three ****ing times, died only once. And that was because I used my ult. He's ****ing invincible when he's invisible, since nothing can automatically target him, he moves insanely fast, with he inevitable Heartseeker, and has 25% damage reduction. He's ****ing overpowered. End of story.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » September 3, 2013 7:38pm | Report
Look at my post from earlier. Play him, and you'll see that he's only OP if played by a really good player.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 3, 2013 8:10pm | Report
I'm not 100% sure you know what resilience means...
it means "the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties; toughness."
Loki has none of that. If he gets so much as a glance from another god, you die.

Also, who was your lane partner?
In any case, if you hadn't built a Breastplate of Valor, you should have, versus two physical gods. You also have a dash, a stun, and very VERY high range. Additionally, buy beads Beads before Neith or Loki ult results in no stun. Even if you can't anticipate Loki's, you can 100% prevent Neith's.

I'm pretty sure this was a PEBCAK error.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gyeff » September 4, 2013 6:21am | Report
I have played a number of Gods and I've found Loki to be the least of a threat. He is not nearly as much of a threat as Thor or Fenrir, for instance. This is because Loki's only big gap closer is his ulti.

On Anhur you can Impale him away with ease if he engages. Then shifting sands for good measure.

Hebo absolutely demolishes Loki. Just use Flood waters after he engages and he will never catch up to you unless he ultis.

I have killed Lokis that have engaged me on full health while I was at half health on Hebo. Just flood waters and kite him around while doing water cannons and spouts. If he uses ulti then beads and spout to get him off you and continue to kite and demolish while he is completely useless and cannot get a single auto attack on you.

Hebo is good vs. melee in general but he is especially good against Loki. Fenrir can follow Hebo through Flood Waters and Crushing Wave with Brutalize. Tyr can knock Hebo out of Flood Waters with Fearless at which point Hebo's only defense is using Spout and trying to get back to his flood waters.

Gyeff

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }