Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Bringer of the End Times Needs a Nerf...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Bringer of the End Times Needs a Nerf... 33 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 4, 2013 6:23pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

I'm not 100% sure you know what resilience means...
it means "the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties; toughness."
Loki has none of that. If he gets so much as a glance from another god, you die.

Also, who was your lane partner?
In any case, if you hadn't built a Breastplate of Valor, you should have, versus two physical gods. You also have a dash, a stun, and very VERY high range. Additionally, buy beads Beads before Neith or Loki ult results in no stun. Even if you can't anticipate Loki's, you can 100% prevent Neith's.

I'm pretty sure this was a PEBCAK error.

I LMAO'd when step one read: Don't play Artemis. I have to admit, that is a good point.

Vulcan was partner, kept wandering into arrows and recalled pretty often. Tower hugging was less-than-effective, to say the least.

If a difficulty counts as people trying to murder you, than yes, I would say Loki is pretty darn resilient. I mean, geez, a 90-sec combat blink is pretty good without the accompanying speed and defense buff from Vanish.

I don't think Artemis has a dash. Her boar is useless when Loki specifically saves his vanish to avoid it. Range is also pointless when your attacks deal steadily less damage as the game goes on, while their attacks have much higher scaling and whatnot. Also, beads are similarly useless when Neith has access to way too much CC. Either Loki would ult you, or Neith would root you, or she'd stun you, or she'd slow you, etc etc.

At level 8, within the first few minutes of the match, it would be impossible to purchase Breastplate of Valor.

And for gawd's sake, I have played Loki. He's a murderbot. Every time Loki kills a god, a kitten dies. Loki punches baby bunnies in the throat and laughs. His attacks are powered by the souls of orphans. You get the point.

Let me put it another way: I actually feel bad when I destroy with Loki. I actually feel terrible, like I'd just kicked a puppy.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 4, 2013 6:40pm | Report
Agni/Vulcan? Not the best lane. Vulcan is made to waveclear, which saps farm from you, who needs items. Additionally, he offers no buffs to you, debuffs to the enemy, or CC. He's a very unfriendly lane partner.

And true enough, you can't finish a breastplate at level 8. But you can definitely pick up a rank or two, and play preventatively. Buy a single ward and place it in the jungle - there's no way he'll know to stealth before then.

Finally, yeah Artemis has no dash. She has a small speed increase. And the beads are to counteract the ult. Simply don't get hit by her root - if you do, that's simply being beaten. It'd be the same if you landed a stun and your partner was someone like Ne Zha or Loki. Nothing you can do, except learn to not get rooted/stunned.

And Loki is a murderbot only for those who don't know the signs. Listen for his vanish/aimed strike sound. Play a little back so he has no time to catch up. Buy beads/aegis. Itemize around him. Try to land a CC where you think he is (it not only stops him, it cancels his stealth!). Etc. Beating loki is simply being prepared.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JakeCWolf » September 4, 2013 7:07pm | Report
Wow, I'm surprised this thread as gotten so many replies, after posting this I figured I'd get not much in the way of responses save a few lackluster "TROLOLO"s, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see so many gamers chime in with their two gold on Loki's state of balance.

Seeing quite few varying arguments on Loki's status as OP, the consensus seems to be he is a little OP and is more so OP when played well/played against poorly.

A lot of people are also saying Loki is very squishy as he is, I'm not sure why when I face him sometimes he seems so resilient with plenty of DPS to one shot me, an ally said during once such match that Loki was building nothing but damage related items.

I've been playing more tanky Gods as of late (Vulcan in particular) and I've noticed Loki's ability to one shot me seems greatly lessened, but I don't play "super squishy" gods necessarily, Loki, Freya and Neith some of my favorites, in all rights they arn't tanky in the least, but I always start building items with physical resistance when I come up against Loki, and yet still seem to be under DPSing him vs him over DPSing me.

JakeCWolf

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 4, 2013 7:18pm | Report
It's because he WILL out dps you, no matter what, in short engagements. The trick to Loki is surviving, then reengaging, as his kill potential past his opener is nonexistent. His sustained damage sucks. :)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » September 5, 2013 1:36am | Report
I used to play Loki A LOT, but now I don't because he's way too easy.
Loki can kill any squishy God almost instantly with his ult, not to mention if he builds Hydra's Lament, his damage is literally insane.

He can easily escape all situations with Vanish, he can distract all the minions with Decoy, he can take a huge chunk out of your health with his 3, and his ult serves as an initiation attack and an escape. The fact that he's squishy doesn't even matter when he can escape so easily. Especially with Combat Blink, catching and killing a Loki is next to impossible.
Remember, I have played a lot of Loki, and I know how strong he is.

I mean really, I could pull 10-0 or even 20-0 like it was nothing.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kripox » September 5, 2013 3:28am | Report
Loki's overrated. I have recently begun playing him and enjoyed so much I have guide I'm working on (probably won't finish the damn thing), but he's not overpowered. I say this as I'm sitting at a 10-11 win streak with him, and that's not something I pull off with randoms all too often.

Smite is balanced for the competitive level, and if you look at pro games Loki is clearly not a top pick. He's not bad by any means and I've seen him do well several times, but he's overshadowed both in the jungle and in the solo lane, his two preferred roles. He has the capacity to do huge damage, but he is also easily killed and being hit with a single hard CC can spell his demise. As long as the squishes stay close to tanks and deal with him as a team he will find it very difficult to achieve anything unless his own team gives him an opportunity.

I think the reason he is such a pubstomper is because you don't tend to see the kind of teamwork that is the main counter to Loki in pubs. He is very much a god that increases exponentially in power as the enemy's teamwork weakens, more so than most gods. This is obvious to me when I play him, I can often tell less than 10 minutes into the game how effective I'm going to be in the lategame based solely on how well the enemy teams up to shut me down/keep me off their carries.

Kripox

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by rededge25 » September 7, 2013 6:21pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

It's because he WILL out dps you, no matter what, in short engagements. The trick to Loki is surviving, then reengaging, as his kill potential past his opener is nonexistent. His sustained damage sucks. :)

this guy is right it may seem difficult but you have to survive that inital burst. most lokis will blow their vanish to get into a crowded lane. many gods have some form of cc and any will royally **** over a loki. just stay close to a tower when you hear an aimed strike. endurance and support be it tower or teammate is best line of defense since loki can stealth on 2 of you or a tower since towers have true sight

rededge25

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pizzarugi » September 7, 2013 7:14pm | Report
From my experience playing both Tyr and Loki respectively, I can easily say a well-built Tyr is Loki's greatest enemy. Tyr is best known as a peeler, his fearless ability makes it very easy for him to pull offending enemies off his allies before administrating a severe beatdown.

Stack on physical power, wait for Loki to strike, then pin him to a wall with fearless and power cleave on aggressive stance. Chances are high that you'll destroy him.
IGN: Pizzarugi (Add me if you like joust, assault, siege or arena)
Total Diamonds: 9 (Latest: Ymir, Cabrakan, Bellona)
Favorite Gods: Ah Muzen Cab, Bastet, Loki
Favorite Roles: Carry, Assassin
Least Favorite Roles: Tank

Looking to be great at laning as Ah Muzen Cab? Check out this guide! It was the runner up for best hunter guide in the season 2 contest.

Pizzarugi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 7, 2013 7:29pm | Report
Oh yeah Tyr is the bane of any really squishy targets, even more than loki. He doesn't have loki's damage, but he has the CC chain to keep them locked up long enough to die. Nothing you can do. Well, almost nothing - you now CAN beads his fearless. But that sucks to use it on a simple regular ability.

He Bo, Freya, Loki, Anubis (ish, unless he is using Plague of Locusts, all are countered by Tyr.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » September 7, 2013 9:32pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Oh yeah Tyr is the bane of any really squishy targets, even more than loki. He doesn't have loki's damage, but he has the CC chain to keep them locked up long enough to die. Nothing you can do. Well, almost nothing - you now CAN beads his fearless. But that sucks to use it on a simple regular ability.

He Bo, Freya, Loki, Anubis (ish, unless he is using Plague of Locusts, all are countered by Tyr.

So much this. If I'm playing a squishy and I see Tyr even coming in my general direction, I am out of there.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }