Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Awilix Info

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Awilix Info 151 posts - page 12 of 16
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » December 16, 2014 5:53am | Report
That's not a breastplate in the conventional sense. What she's wearing is the Aegis (which as it turns out is actually supposed to be armor), which is more of a scale mail thorax piece rather than a plate mail slab. It's also what Alexander the Great is often depicted wearing (the more you know).
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 16, 2014 5:57am | Report
Uh, that IS a breastplate. It covers her torso.

As for Aegis, I honestly have no clue why it's sometimes only covering her neck and why sometimes it covers her whole chest.

But the POINT is, whenever we see Athena fighting, not talking or standing over a peaceful time, she's armored, and not with a boob plate, but an actual breastplate.

Athena fighting Enkalados

Athena at war

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 16, 2014 6:10am | Report
As for the actual discussion of the kit, what is there to discuss? The general consensus is that it's actually original. People are iffy on the numbers, whether she has much burst or not, if her mobility would be insane, etc. But honestly, there's not much else to say. You have a knockup that only does so from behind, a skill that puts you behind someone, a reverse knockup ultimate, and a mobility boost plus game closer. Kit's simple.

Playstyle's also simple. We all know that she'll be wombo-combo like every other god, we know that fights will depend on who hits with their CC faster, like every other god, and we know that she's going to build the same as every other assassin, too. The only real different thing is slightly bigger autoattack range and hitting them before the CC, but that's not much different from Loki's playstyle, either. Or Bakasura's. Etc.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » December 16, 2014 8:58am | Report
Sexualisation debates go nowhere so stahpit. Either way, I really like her kit. I think it;s a LITTLE strong with summon suku potentially having no cooldown but other than that I love how she has to get in close to do anything which actually makes her high risk, high reward in every sense of the world unlike certain other assassins (Ao and Serqet, I'm looking at you even though I love Ao).
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » December 16, 2014 12:19pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

What's there to discuss?

I want to scream at that statement.

What do you MEAN, what is there to discuss? You know, besides roles, itemization, comps, combos, counters, you know, all that stuff. Unimportant stuff like, you know, her in the actual ******** game.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » December 16, 2014 12:33pm | Report
People were pretty whiny about her panther's time limit in Drybear's video... but I haven't played her to give an accurate opinion.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » December 16, 2014 12:35pm | Report

People were pretty whiny about her panther's time limit in Drybear's video... but I haven't played her to give an accurate opinion.

What is the time limit?
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » December 16, 2014 12:41pm | Report
That's the problem for them, there ISN'T a time limit.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » December 16, 2014 12:48pm | Report
Well to help you guys out here's a pretty neat video that was uploaded today. link

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 17, 2014 1:21am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

I want to scream at that statement.

What do you MEAN, what is there to discuss? You know, besides roles, itemization, comps, combos, counters, you know, all that stuff. Unimportant stuff like, you know, her in the actual ******** game.

Roles? Jungle assassin, DUH.

Itemization? Same as every other assassin, same boots, crits, The Executioner, etc.

Comps? She'll fit against those with leaps, DUH. And she'll fit into every team comp like every other viable assassin, just like how Mercury and Serqet fit into any team comp.

Combos? Ahahaha. You mount up, get behind them, knock them up, pull. Simple as that; you faceroll your keyboard like every other assassin does. If you mean team combos, obviously Sylvanus and other knockup heavy champions just wombo combo LIKE EVERY OTHER TEAM COMP. Seriously, team killing wombo combos are very, very old, dating back to Alpha, and it hasn't changed at all.

Counters? Ahahahaha no. There is no counter to Awilix besides not having a leap, just like how Mercury has no counters, or Serqet has no counters. In this game, counterpicking isn't a significant thing, because everyone can do everything.

Like I said earlier, there's nothing to discuss.

As for the time limit, it's obvious that they're trying to do something similar to HOTS mount system, which is pretty interesting. Placing a time limit would just make it feel clunky and stupid - imagine being forced to dismount right before a gank, or dismounting while being chased. Or fighting someone on the thing and then dismounting in the middle of aiming your ability. Time limits aren't a good idea.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }