Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Artemis vs Assassins help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Artemis vs Assassins help 26 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silly Siji » October 26, 2015 8:11pm | Report
My question here is. When playing as Artemis are there any strategies to enploy when facing assassins. Especially Loki. Another question is. Is Loki affected by her crippling vines?

Please can anyone help me out. Constructive advice will greatly help. I love this character but find that certain assassins can just drop her with no counter to the attack.

Silly Siji

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 26, 2015 8:17pm | Report
With Loki there's no real counter aside from Purification Beads + aegis if he ults you. You have to rely on your team to protect you, good map awareness does wonders in terms of protecting yourself from assassins when playing a god that has no escapes like Artemis.

Some extra tips would be: your ultimate is CC immune, can get you out of ults like Hun Batz and the like if you use it preemptively. Transgressor's Fate is a great tool, even while running away (and yes Loki is affected by it). Finally, against most assassins, Improved Sprint + Greater Purification is a godsend for survival, if you can't outrun them, then Aegis Pendant is the better choice to sprint.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 26, 2015 8:26pm | Report
You gotta love the counterplay.

Edit: Zilby pretty much said the obvious - use no-counterplay actives and CC immunity ult. Of course, you'll have to spend gold, putting you even further behind, which is no guarantee it'll even work, and if you're behind, you might as well surrender because an Artemis behind is a CC bot unless the enemy team is stupid enough to not gank your face off. You might be able to be a CC bot - oh wait, you'll be using your ult to avoid dying.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silly Siji » October 26, 2015 8:42pm | Report
Yes thank you. There were times where I felt like Loki was jaws and the theme song would play then get eaten just like the dumb teenagers. So was hoping there was something reliable I could do to counter him sneaking up on me.

On another note I don't really like to counter pick. Like the name implies counter picking feels counter productive to learning your character for all situations. The again if you play the counter pick well that doesn't matter. Me I like to play characters I like and learn how to handle scenarios that would normally be bad for them and try to counter the scenario instead.

Subzero008 wrote:

You gotta love the counterplay.

Edit: Zimlby pretty much said the obvious - use no-counterplay actives and CC immunity ult. Of course, you'll have to spend gold, putting you even further behind, which is no guarantee it'll even work, and if you're behind, you might as well surrender because an Artemis behind is a CC bot unless the enemy team is stupid enough to not gank your face off. You might be able to be a CC bot - oh wait, you'll be using your ult to avoid dying.

I had no idea her ult gave cc immune thanks

Silly Siji

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 26, 2015 9:17pm | Report
...what.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 26, 2015 10:23pm | Report
This is just a theory, but I think Ares does a good job of countering Loki.

Not because of the ult thing, although that is a factor. Mainly, it's because Ares' protections aura makes it harder for Loki to oneshot and walk away. Combined with your tank items, +60 protections is nothing to scoff at.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » October 27, 2015 1:47am | Report
Silly Siji wrote:

On another note I don't really like to counter pick. Like the name implies counter picking feels counter productive to learning your character for all situations.

I totally respect that... but some characters have too many "bad" situations.
That's basically the problem with Artemis and Ah Muzen Cab. They have bad escapes, which make them easy prey for assassins. They can make it... if your team is smart enough to adapt to your pick:
- Having Athena that can taunt the assassins away from you for instance or having Geb's shield will definitly help
- Having a mid-laner that will call for rotations and ward efficiently

It's quite frustrating to die because you have the feeling you're not being supported by your team.
If you play casual with random people, I strongly suggest to take easier picks (with better escapes), but that's up to you.
Xbox One Player

Timezone CET (Paris, Europe)
Playtime From 7pm to 12am
Pref. Roles Support | Jungler

Have a look on my brand new Arachne guide!

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » October 27, 2015 7:08am | Report
On the same subject, I also have a question.
I am rank 10 with Loki and I can't even answer this and be 100% sure, what a noob I am.

Do Artemis ult, Calydonian Boar, will attack Loki while he is Vanished ?

For example :

Artemis is alone in her lane, and she hears Loki Vanish, which means he is close.
There is no doubt on where he is going, so she is in trouble.
If she pops her ult, will it attack him even if she can't see him, so that she can run away ?

I would have tested it myself, but such specific interaction scenarios between gods are hard to test unless you have a friend to help you.

My guess is that yes, it will attack him once he enters the range of the boar.
Thus it would reveal and stun him.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 27, 2015 10:23am | Report
Bullfrog, I'm guessing also that yes, the Boar would still attack Loki.

If I'm on the same time you are, we can confirm in a custom match if you'd like.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » October 27, 2015 10:52am | Report
I can confirm it doesn't.

PS : It does if you go invisible AFTER she spawns the Boar, and you're the first target. If the boar's up but you got invisible before she spawned it, then yes, it won't attack.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }