Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Artemis vs Assassins help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Artemis vs Assassins help 26 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 28, 2015 10:43pm | Report
GameGeekFan wrote:

All the sentry wards ever do is wards the enemy wards, which still doesnt help because they still see you take down the wards. Its sortve like a spy, but a lot more useless.

and that's why Smite has the worse sentry wards so far they are 125 gold and the extra 75 gold you pay for them is so you can deward

while in Dota they are 25 gold (which is 0.5 creep) more then normal (only they can only be bought at 2 pieces making the stack more exensive. while these wards don't give vision themselves they are more useful as invis is a big thing in dota (and their view doesn't get blocked by trees etc) and dewarding is a lot more rewarding as teams get more normal wards every x minutes

And in LoL the "sentry" also detect invis and on top of that give vision and will stay there till destroyed (however they aren't stealthed) I also believe they are only 25 gold more expensive

so this makes Smite's Sentry wards the worst in any MOBA (with being overpriced and the ward limit)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Novaultima » March 29, 2016 6:45am | Report
I´m usually getting boots first in every match(any mode) and try to increase speed later on even more. Let´s be serious, boots are the best thing you can do for the start, low price high stats(especially the 40 p. attack boots). In addition I use Assault of Revenge for escape only.

Now when Loki or similar gods are chasing you, you can do this:

1. Assault of Revenge to escape

2. While doing so you run forward(NOT backward) and put a trap under your own foots; or on a direction where your enemy definitely will run in it.

3. Ult is helping here also, but you should use it in the right moment.

4. You can also use the defensive relic here(45 physical and magical def, +15% incoming damage reduction)

5. If you use them with the right timing, you can combine 2. and 3. to encounter big time!

How it works is up to your timing then. Atleast there are some options to encounter for Artemis, but most people use the only escape of Artemis for DPS instead of for a chase option, that´s why they die like flies.

Novaultima

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 29, 2016 1:44pm | Report
getting boots as first item especially on an ADC is going to hurt your boxing potential cause stacking is pretty common cause the faster you're stacked, the more damage you have (and base stats are higher). And well there are 2 persons in that lane with one having the job to try to keep you alive.

Artemis traps are pretty unreliable to catch someone as they can easily dodge them. And the problem with Loki is that he can oneshot any assassin, mage or hunter with his rotation in <2 sec

Also if you save your Vengeful Assault for escaping every duel is easy to lose against any good opponent as that's why Artemis is strong.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Novaultima » March 30, 2016 4:44am | Report
If you die from an assassin/Loki because you can´t escape, Artemis is not strong, she is DEAD.

You have to adapt your gameplay to the enemy group, if they don´t have any Loki like class in there you can use Vengeful Assault for DPS.

Artemis is weak at her first levels in any way and you can sell the boots later on if you don´t need them anymore, but for the start they are the best thing for PvP imo.

I don´t care what people think how reliable the traps are, they are an option and I listed the options to counter, that´s all ;)

It´s better than doing nothing at all. And hey, it often worked for me so why not?

And well... I never died in 2 secs or so from an assassin, infact I even out ranged them here and there.

Novaultima

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » March 30, 2016 5:56am | Report
Novaultima wrote:
And well... I never died in 2 secs or so from an assassin, infact I even out ranged them here and there.

You've never faced a half decent assassin then...

The way you write seems like you think you know it all, but you still have A LOT to learn, my friend

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 31, 2016 12:40am | Report
Novaultima wrote:

If you die from an assassin/Loki because you can´t escape, Artemis is not strong, she is DEAD.

You have to adapt your gameplay to the enemy group, if they don´t have any Loki like class in there you can use Vengeful Assault for DPS.

Artemis is weak at her first levels in any way and you can sell the boots later on if you don´t need them anymore, but for the start they are the best thing for PvP imo.

I don´t care what people think how reliable the traps are, they are an option and I listed the options to counter, that´s all ;)

It´s better than doing nothing at all. And hey, it often worked for me so why not?

Selling boots is really bad as if a fight goes bad everybody can easily chase you cause they got more movementspeed.

it's true it's better to try them then not do anything at all.

Like cake said you never saw a good Loki
A good Loki or acctually a loki that knows a bit what he's doing can do this

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }