Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Any Plan?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Any Plan? 85 posts - page 1 of 9
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » January 26, 2014 9:30pm | Report
So some of you guys had seen the comments about smitefire in reddit and they always said tiermonster is better. I don't understand. I have no hate about tiermonster but the fact that they said their guide is better makes me a bit irritate, here's an example

Smitefire Neith guide

https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/neith-you-make-me-hard-20-06-patch-1717

https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/hunter-guide-neith-your-lovely-girl-3847

https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/neith-carry-softly-but-shoot-a-big-arrow-1390

And compare it to this (tiermonster)

http://tiermonster.com/guide/84

Like seriously ? :/

We need a plan to make smitefire in a good name. Any of you have any idea how to fix this like having more community service or something? What are the plans for smitefire mowen?

Note : And i really want this because Smitefire is the one that makes me like this today, i am different before and after meeting smitefire. I became more happy and more. I just really want to help

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » January 26, 2014 9:31pm | Report
No more fancy-ized BB codes. Stick with normal sized icons?

If we have already named our selves "BB Code geeks" Rather than "Guide Fire". We should cut down on them.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 26, 2014 9:48pm | Report
No, BBC coding is fine. The so-called "BBC obsession" is a lie.

Seriously, when have ANY OF US ever cared more about BBC than content?

That's reddit's community for you. A group of boorish sycophants who care only about copying a single build because "a pro used it its awesome." Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see that Smitefire's best guide completely outclass the best of Tiermonster.

While they do have a legitimate point about our volume of bad guides, they completely refuse to see Tiermonster's faults, and Smitefire's good points.

Also, honestly, I kind of like it as it is right now. Smitefire is a lot more closely knit than Tiermonster or Reddit. I want to keep it that way.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 26, 2014 9:50pm | Report
One more thing: If this site had a way to delete or vote off old guides, we'd be literally the perfect site.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » January 26, 2014 10:39pm | Report
Hold up making a reddit account this idiot started bashing subzero. It's the person with the freya guide. BRB

Edit: Ok, I cooled off. I'm good now.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » January 26, 2014 11:37pm | Report
Oh dat supahmanG guy or something. Go for it.

I guess the best thing we could possibly do is just get the highest ranked people there attention to make this there next objective.
If mobafire and/dotafire are having the same probleme's (i don't know if they have) they could get in on it to.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » January 27, 2014 12:24am | Report
I wouldn't go as far as to delete old guides, but instead, the guides should be automatically archived after a certain length of time until the author decides to finally update. This way guides from inactive members who long since left the site would stop showing up, since a lot of people who submit bad guides usually don't participate in the community.

For clearly bad/low quality guides, however, there needs to be a way to flag them for deletion. If enough members feel that a guide isn't up to standards, it can get removed.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » January 27, 2014 12:31am | Report
I know little about bbc and dont really have the creativity to make a guide! When I was new to smite and mobas in general it was smitefire that helped me out the most! The top guides from smitefire gave me all the Info I needed and more on the gods I wanted to learn to play. I have tried looking at tiermonster builds and they are nothing but builds and offer no insight on how to improve you're play.

Even with starting new with lol recently I have found the guides on mobafire much more helpful than any other!

As for the state of smite fire I agree completely with subzero.

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » January 27, 2014 12:59am | Report
The main problem is stupid guides.
If you take my guides for example, if we do a cleanup (which is needed) I would remove all of them except the Ne Zha guide, and I would have to finish it 100%.

This should be done ASAP if we ever want to be slightly aprowed in the community (as of now Smitefire is the glee club of Smite).

And Sub;
Tiermonster is NOT bad! It is continuosly updated with the stats/builds of the top players in the world. Most of them got 2000-3000 wins and probably close to 5000 games played, where we do not even have anyone on this site with 2000 games played. The tools for making guides are ****, but other than that Tiermonster whipes the floor with us. Defending Smitefire by trying to make Tiermonster look bad just hurts us more and makes us look like a bunch of stucked up ignorant *****es (sry for the language).

The sooner ppl on this site can realise that we actually are scrubs the better..

So first we need to remove bad guides, I will be downvoating, reporting and PMing the guide makers of the guides to at least say what IMO needs to be fixed.
I hope you guys will do the same!
After that, something could be done with the frontpage. Just put the god database page on the frontpage or something.

No one is safe. 5 bars? IDC your build is **** fix it or delete it, Meditation GTFO.

Peace :)

EDIT:
It was not my intent to offend you btw Sub, love that you are pationat about Smitefire and you are one of the great contribuatores on the site! I get frustrated to at the ppl not giving Smitefire the chance it deserves (made a few Smitefire posts on Reddit myself, glad to see this one get more notice than the once I've made. WP Raze!)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 27, 2014 3:21am | Report

The main problem is stupid guides.
If you take my guides for example, if we do a cleanup (which is needed) I would remove all of them except the Ne Zha guide, and I would have to finish it 100%.

This should be done ASAP if we ever want to be slightly aprowed in the community (as of now Smitefire is the glee club of Smite).

I don't think cleanup is the problem - Tiermonster also has outdated guides.

And I don't see how one can compare a gaming site to a college music group.

And Sub;
Tiermonster is NOT bad! It is continuosly updated with the stats/builds of the top players in the world. Most of them got 2000-3000 wins and probably close to 5000 games played, where we do not even have anyone on this site with 2000 games played. The tools for making guides are ****, but other than that Tiermonster whipes the floor with us. Defending Smitefire by trying to make Tiermonster look bad just hurts us more and makes us look like a bunch of stucked up ignorant *****es (sry for the language).

I never said Tiermonster was bad, I said Reddit was. I merely said that TM has its flaws, but they, meaning the reddit posters, seem to ignore this.

Secondly, just because those people played a lot of games, doesn't mean they know how to make a good guide. Remember that Odin guide from Allied? Odin solo, horribly outdated and lacking useful info? Even if Allied is a good player, he's not necessarily a good teacher.

Lastly, I don't see how TM "wipes the floor" with us. Show me ONE guide of theirs that gives good info and not just a build. And as for guide quality, I stand by my statement that our best is better than their best.

The sooner ppl on this site can realise that we actually are scrubs the better..

So first we need to remove bad guides, I will be downvoating, reporting and PMing the guide makers of the guides to at least say what IMO needs to be fixed.
I hope you guys will do the same!
After that, something could be done with the frontpage. Just put the god database page on the frontpage or something.

No one is safe. 5 bars? IDC your build is **** fix it or delete it, Meditation GTFO.

Peace :)

EDIT:
It was not my intent to offend you btw Sub, love that you are pationat about Smitefire and you are one of the great contribuatores on the site! I get frustrated to at the ppl not giving Smitefire the chance it deserves (made a few Smitefire posts on Reddit myself, glad to see this one get more notice than the once I've made. WP Raze!)

Dude, I've seen your Ne Zha guide, and it completely outclass TM's Ne Zha guides, plural. Because I checked ALL of them. And read them. Even PonPon's.

Frankly, I think most of TM's playerbase are more interested in the person behind the guide rather than the guide itself.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }