Things that Need to Happen
- Bluestone Pendant needs to be removed, and Heartseeker needs a nerf. This seems very agreed upon by the community here, even if HiRez doesn't recognize it. For those who missed the enormous conversation in the forum, Bluestone Pendant removes the inherent weakness of hunters, and Heartseeker makes them stronger in their weakest period.
- Qin's Sais needs to be reverted to its old state. Guardians are popular now because nothing short of a full power-penetration Loki can get through them singlehandedly. Qin's Sais's passive, back when it was good, was why we didn't see 3 guardian comps. This also makes characters like Kali and Osiris viable again, as well as the Unicorn builds and variations thereof.
- Guardians with too much mobility need reworks. These tanky CC-heavy characters should have to invest in some sort of transportation and initiation to be effective, not have free ultimates like Defender of Olympus or dashes/leaps a la Preemptive Strike and Death From Below.
- Hunters with nerfed clear should get it back.
- Magical ADCs ( Freya, Chronos, Vulcan, Poseidon, Zeus) should be viable. A (significantly less powerful) magical equivalent of Bluestone Pendant could accomplish this. This also makes other stacking items like Ancile more viable on traditional hunters.
- The snowballing mechanic should be revoked or at least nerfed.
- A similar comeback mechanic should be created to even out teamfights and allow both teams an "equal" chance at winning. Games would be more even.
- MOST IMPORTANT: Design needs to realize what balanced means and doesn't mean. Bellona was a travesty. Medusa was in her own right a travesty as a hunter. Hou Yi, Awilix, and Nox, are all **** in terms of competitive viability. We can all see that gods like Bellona, Sylvanus, and Serqet were made for the express purpose of use in competitive settings, but they still dominate casual play due to their inherently powerful kits and base stats. Stop the power creep and we're on our way to a more balanced game.