Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ymir goes mid?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Ymir goes mid? 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » November 17, 2012 8:37pm | Report
Just got done with a game against an Ymir who went mid. He absolutely wrecked our Anubis. I was taken back by this because I've never encountered it before. He started out with a Heartseeker and it worked great for him because by midgame he out-leveled our entire team by 3-4 levels. Obviously our Anubis wasn't the best but do you guys see an Ymir as a viable mid-laner against an equally skilled opponent using a usual mid-lane God (Ra, Anubis, etc.)?

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 18, 2012 4:40am | Report
No, and the usual mid laners are now useless by the way. You send a physical carry there. Im not going to say what everything is they need to do because I hate this new meta and if everyone knows and everyone does it, then mid lane will stalemate and it will become nothing but a farm lane untill the other lane wins.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » November 18, 2012 7:23am | Report
One or two months ago I was in a team who suggested the Guan Yu to go mid.
He went mid and totally wrecked their Ao Kuang got 4 levels ahead and blah, you know the story. He could only do this, because he was just a way better player than the Ao.
The bottom line is: Don't eat pizza in the morning and don't go mid even when you have a good mid charackter if you aren't good at playing mid.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 18, 2012 8:00am | Report
Or dont be good at the game and just follow the meta right now...take Kali mid and laugh at how stupid and skilless it is lol

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Odd Arcade » November 18, 2012 11:32am | Report
Mid Meta is stupid i agree! I took Zeus (not the best Mid i know, but im making a vid on him) in the lobby and all i recived was along the lines of...

Zues Mid? Let Artemis go mid or Baka (both of these wanted mid also)

In the end Baka went mid, lost both towers AND a phoenix before he apologized for taking mid...
Mehh.

Odd Arcade
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 18, 2012 11:43am | Report
Bad baka then lol.

Middle physical is so much stronger than mage if they know what they are doing.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » November 18, 2012 5:05pm | Report
I guess I was completely unaware that physical carries were so much better than mages. Maybe I'm not at the level of play necessary to see this, but I haven't noticed mages sucking as bad as you claim they do. From what I see they usually have the quickest and most reliable form of killing minions early game and their utility isn't so bad that they cannot escape ganks if they are cautious and aware of their enemy's build/abilities.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 18, 2012 5:23pm | Report
SmellyHarry wrote:

I guess I was completely unaware that physical carries were so much better than mages. Maybe I'm not at the level of play necessary to see this, but I haven't noticed mages sucking as bad as you claim they do. From what I see they usually have the quickest and most reliable form of killing minions early game and their utility isn't so bad that they cannot escape ganks if they are cautious and aware of their enemy's build/abilities.

They fail to scale into late game as hard as a physical carry does.

Take A mage. Any mage you like. They will by Spear of the Magus first as its the best starting item for them. Possibly Doom Orb but lets go with spear for this. I want you to hit someone with your spell at level one and tell me how hard it hit for. If you did over 100 damage at level 1 to the other god, then you have successfully broken the game and made the impossible for a mage happen!

Now, buy Heartseeker as Kali and hit someone with your 2 and tell me how much damage you have done.

Not only does that physical start with more damage, they scale into late game better damage wise, they typically have really good escape and utility as well as being able to clear an entire wave just as easy as a mage.

There is something I am not saying, that makes you even MORE annoying and I hope people dont say this on the forums. Its not that I dont want people to know because then I can exploit it, its because it makes the lane VERY bad. It stalemates the lane and you end up just sitting there killing creeps and then sitting at your tower untill the next wave.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » November 18, 2012 8:47pm | Report
Quoted:

They fail to scale into late game as hard as a physical carry does.

Take A mage. Any mage you like. They will by Spear of the Magus first as its the best starting item for them. Possibly Doom Orb but lets go with spear for this. I want you to hit someone with your spell at level one and tell me how hard it hit for. If you did over 100 damage at level 1 to the other god, then you have successfully broken the game and made the impossible for a mage happen!

Now, buy Heartseeker as Kali and hit someone with your 2 and tell me how much damage you have done.

Not only does that physical start with more damage, they scale into late game better damage wise, they typically have really good escape and utility as well as being able to clear an entire wave just as easy as a mage.

There is something I am not saying, that makes you even MORE annoying and I hope people dont say this on the forums. Its not that I dont want people to know because then I can exploit it, its because it makes the lane VERY bad. It stalemates the lane and you end up just sitting there killing creeps and then sitting at your tower untill the next wave.

I did exactly what you said, went Kali with a certain build (I'm fairly certain I know what you're not saying) against Cupid and we were stalemated.

Of course I lost the game because I have a tendency to play all melee Gods like tanks and they had much better teamwork/synergy, but I understand your point I think. It definitely seems like mages are at a severe disadvantage.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thanax » February 19, 2013 10:01am | Report
Ymir is a hilarious mid laner, I did that build. It's funny. Look up Ymir Smash!, it's a guide, top rated. Pretty funny as well as ******edly effective. Worth a read.
Check out my guide on Bakasura,

Bakasura, Eating the Competition

Here's my BBCode General post:

BBCode General

Thanax

Memorable (10)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }