Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why has Hastened Fatalis not become a staple for carries?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Why has Hastened Fatalis not become a staple for carries? 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DrLadyfingersMD » January 3, 2014 11:30pm | Report
When Hastened Fatalis was added, my first though was that this item would become more staple than boots. While this is an exaggeration, I am shocked at how little carries actually buy this item.

Is it because people don't know about it? Or maybe they don't understand its value?

The first god I decided to try it on was Artemis. My first 5 games all went something like 20-1. The ability to pop Vengeful Assault and chase down any enemy with a barrage of crits seemed insane. Seems insane. Is insane.

As of now, the only gods I see Hastened Fatalis being bought on are Freya, Bakasura, Vamana (Thats me, I'm the only one I see even playing Vamana", and I'm more than surprised. Why is this item not being abused more? It effectively eliminates the punishment for basic attacking. It takes away the necessity for positioning.

Whenever I see a carry buy Sprint I always ask myself why?

I am shocked at how little use this item is getting, considering how it skyrockets carries' effectiveness.
I play Smite. I like Smite. I like to think I'm relatively good at Smite.

DrLadyfingersMD

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 4, 2014 12:06am | Report
Lowers DPS a lot, and the passive is unnecessary with good positioning. Heartseeker also gives an equivalent movement speed bonus while increasing your DPS.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » January 4, 2014 5:22am | Report
What Subzero008 said. Heartseeker provides a higher DPS, a higher damage done with abilities, and even higher damage per basic attack for all Hunters compared with Fatalis and/or Hastened Fatalis.

The reason you pick Fatalis or Hastened Fatalis on Freya is because she is a basic attack reliant mage. Whenever her Irradiate and Pulse are on cooldown, there is nothing she can do (other than using her ultimate, or Banish if 1v1) for the remaining 6 seconds until they're up again.

Therefore it is important that she is able to take out her opponent before they wear off, which the enormous attack speed of these two items has.

For Bakasura, it is because of his ultimate which makes his basic attacks hit further and wider, while slowing and crippling the enemies within it. It also works very nicely together with his Butcher Blades, as physical protection has no effect to its damage.

As for Vamana, I have no idea. Last time I played him was on my brothers account in closed beta. Not my type. :P

By the way, I did some quick math regarding the DPS with Hastened Fatalis, Fatalis and Heartseeker with Cupid (fastest attack speed at level 20), and Xbalanque (slowest attack speed at level 20) to make sure I wouldn't tell lies. I thought I might as well add it in here in case somebody wanted to see the differences.

Other items that I used: Warrior Tabi The Executioner Qin's Sais Malice Deathbringer

Cupid's Attack Speed: 2,19 with stacked Fatalis, 2,05 with Hastened Fatalis and 1,78 with Heartseeker.

Heartseeker DPS: 959,06.
Fatalis DPS: No stacks 845,24. One stack 871,01. Two stacks 895,78. Three stacks 920,54.
Hastened Fatalis DPS: 845,24.

Xbalanque's Attack Speed: 2,01 with stacked Fatalis, 1,87 with Hastened Fatalis and 1,61 with Heartseeker.

Heartseeker DPS: 964,07.
Fatalis DPS: No stacks 885,26. One stack 910,35. Two stacks 935,44. Three stacks 960,53.
Hastened Fatalis DPS: 885,26.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » January 4, 2014 5:33am | Report
People are starting to realize that Hastened Fatalis is basically a crutch item similar to Frostbound Hammer back in closed beta. If you're good enough with positioning and skill/CC usage, you do not need it.

In lower tiers and casual games, it gets bought a lot. But as you face better players, they won't be using it except on a select few gods that truly benefit from it like Bakasura.

The regular Fatalis is still a decent item if you can keep those stacks up, but considering Qin's Sais and The Executioner also exist for attack speed, it's difficult to really fit a Fatalis into physical hunter and assassin builds due to the better power options.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DrLadyfingersMD » January 4, 2014 7:05pm | Report
Piederman wrote:

What Subzero008 said. Heartseeker provides a higher DPS, a higher damage done with abilities, and even higher damage per basic attack for all Hunters compared with Fatalis and/or Hastened Fatalis.

The reason you pick Fatalis or Hastened Fatalis on Freya is because she is a basic attack reliant mage. Whenever her Irradiate and Pulse are on cooldown, there is nothing she can do (other than using her ultimate, or Banish if 1v1) for the remaining 6 seconds until they're up again.

Therefore it is important that she is able to take out her opponent before they wear off, which the enormous attack speed of these two items has.

For Bakasura, it is because of his ultimate which makes his basic attacks hit further and wider, while slowing and crippling the enemies within it. It also works very nicely together with his Butcher Blades, as physical protection has no effect to its damage.

As for Vamana, I have no idea. Last time I played him was on my brothers account in closed beta. Not my type. :P

By the way, I did some quick math regarding the DPS with Hastened Fatalis, Fatalis and Heartseeker with Cupid (fastest attack speed at level 20), and Xbalanque (slowest attack speed at level 20) to make sure I wouldn't tell lies. I thought I might as well add it in here in case somebody wanted to see the differences.

Other items that I used: Warrior Tabi The Executioner Qin's Sais Malice Deathbringer

Cupid's Attack Speed: 2,19 with stacked Fatalis, 2,05 with Hastened Fatalis and 1,78 with Heartseeker.

Heartseeker DPS: 959,06.
Fatalis DPS: No stacks 845,24. One stack 871,01. Two stacks 895,78. Three stacks 920,54.
Hastened Fatalis DPS: 845,24.

Xbalanque's Attack Speed: 2,01 with stacked Fatalis, 1,87 with Hastened Fatalis and 1,61 with Heartseeker.

Heartseeker DPS: 964,07.
Fatalis DPS: No stacks 885,26. One stack 910,35. Two stacks 935,44. Three stacks 960,53.
Hastened Fatalis DPS: 885,26.

While you do sacrifice some DPS, ~100 is very little to sacrifice for the ability to basic attack while juking. It is much easier to 1v1 another carry if you have HF and they dont.
I play Smite. I like Smite. I like to think I'm relatively good at Smite.

DrLadyfingersMD

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » January 4, 2014 7:29pm | Report
Heh, 100 is never too small. In LoL having a mastery of 25 health can difference between death and life

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » January 4, 2014 9:36pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

Heh, 100 is never too small. In LoL having a mastery of 25 health can difference between death and life

Except LoL is a much more by-the-numbers game compared to SMITE due to the auto-target nature of basic attacks and many skills. Nearly everything in SMITE has to be aimed properly or you get nothing out of it. A weaker build can still win if whoever is using it is more skilled than the opponent. Tiny differences, such as a few more HP or a couple points of damage tend to be really negligible here compared to LoL.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » January 4, 2014 9:50pm | Report
Well, but after all, if you are very good at positioning and aiming, highet DPS will win

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » January 4, 2014 10:11pm | Report
If your claim were true, Artemis should be one of the best gods in the game because of her passive critical stack and 75% attack speed buff, but alas, DPS isn't the be-all, end-all in SMITE. Many factors play against her and other high-DPS gods like Ne Zha, Bakasura, and Anubis, such as poor CC, lack of escapes/mobility, overall teamfight usefulness, etc... you cannot simply value everything on DPS alone. So many variables play into the outcome of a SMITE match that it is rare to be able to pin it down solely on a slight statistical difference; often it's something much bigger in the picture.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » January 5, 2014 1:33am | Report
Actually I'm imagining it more as of a mirror match

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }