Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why has Hastened Fatalis not become a staple for carries?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Why has Hastened Fatalis not become a staple for carries? 14 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » January 5, 2014 6:06am | Report
I usually play Bakasura with regular Fatalis. His base movement speed, coupled with Warrior Tabi and Fatalis movement speed + Fatalis procs are enough to chase enemies in no time. (this is without his passive).
When I take heartskeeer i take Hastened Fatalis as regular Fatalis isn't just enough.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 5, 2014 4:50pm | Report
I think the simple explanation is that damage/stacks > utility for most carries.

It makes sense on certain jungles, like Bakasura, as mentioned, because he is entirely reliant on basic attacks for damage and combined with his passive, it turns him into a meatgrinder.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 6, 2014 6:42am | Report
This probably has been said, but Hastened Fatalis is not a staple for Hunters (I cringe when I say it) because it does not offer any solid stats, and the stats that it does offer, there's not enough of it. It just gives attack speed and movement speed. These two stats don't even scale off each other, so it would be a horrible early game pick up for the price.

And the thing is, when mid-late game rolls out, there's just so many other more important items to get that Hastened Fatalis just become overlooked, and for good reason.

Finally, I think this was touched upon, but the passive requires a bit of skill to use. So, the thing is, why would you practice for Hastened Fatalis, being almost forced to buy it every game, when you can just practice playing without it? You get what I'm saying? You'll just get more freedom if you just learn to play without it. (Yes, I realise the validity of this argument is questionable, but it is logical enough in my eyes).

Also, Hastened Fatalis just offers easier positioning and chasing. Making something simply easier when it can already be done without the extra easiness isn't worth investing into.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 6, 2014 2:49pm | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

This probably has been said, but Hastened Fatalis is not a staple for Hunters (I cringe when I say it) because it does not offer any solid stats, and the stats that it does offer, there's not enough of it. It just gives attack speed and movement speed. These two stats don't even scale off each other, so it would be a horrible early game pick up for the price.

And the thing is, when mid-late game rolls out, there's just so many other more important items to get that Hastened Fatalis just become overlooked, and for good reason.

Finally, I think this was touched upon, but the passive requires a bit of skill to use. So, the thing is, why would you practice for Hastened Fatalis, being almost forced to buy it every game, when you can just practice playing without it? You get what I'm saying? You'll just get more freedom if you just learn to play without it. (Yes, I realise the validity of this argument is questionable, but it is logical enough in my eyes).

Also, Hastened Fatalis just offers easier positioning and chasing. Making something simply easier when it can already be done without the extra easiness isn't worth investing into.

That's completely valid and not at all questionable. I won't say it's a crutch, but it's a crutch. Learn to hit your basic attacks without it and you'll be an even better player than if you were using it all the time.

You can sum it up in three words: pub stomp item.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }