Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Suggestions for Super Aggro Early Game Fen Build

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Suggestions for Super Aggro Early Game Fen Build 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by likwidneo » October 17, 2013 5:10pm | Report
So first things first, this is my first post on these forums and I'm fairly new to the game. Fen is my first unlocked god, so I'm pretty n00bish and if I get some things wrong or have some wrong ideas I ask that you excuse me.

So I'm working on a build for Fen that as the title suggests expands on his early game strength. The idea is to try and get a gank in before level 5 to start getting fed and making a lead as early as possible. While I do play some Arena and am trying to make a build that is fairly good all around for both, the focus of this build is conquest. Mind you I also jungle heavily with fen and usually call jungle, but I don't feel items like Bumba's mask justify the set back in early game power that you're trading off, and neither does Death's Toll. The only starter item that I might even consider would be Watchers Gift if I know I'm not jungling.

So the current build as I have it is:

Start
Consumable) Physical Potion
1) Tabi (1)
Active) Girdle of Might (1)

Follow up
Girdle of Inner Power
Warrior Tabi
2) Heartseeker/Devo Gloves (Heartseeker if things are going well at this point, Devo if I'm doing poorly or for Arena)
Active) Fist of the Gods (for Stun)
3) Executioner
4) Jotunn's Wrath
5) Hydra's Lament
6) ???

So I decided to go with a mid/late game cooldown build as opposed to other builds like crit for one reason: Unchained. When I hit an enemy God with Unchained, it halves itself from 15s cooldown to 7.5. Maxing out my cooldown with Jotunn/Hydra puts my Unchained timer at 4.5s on a successful hit. This further guarantees that my ganks wont escape and also gives me more escape if I bite off more than I can chew. I COULD go with Ninja Tabi as opposed to Hydra's Lament and save myself a ton of cash and get something cheaper for a 5th item (and this is one of the points I'm debating), but so far I feel like the early game Penetration from the War Tabi is a must. I think I'd rather have all my pen early game and all my cooldown mid/late than mix it up.

The 6th item is where I'm most undecided. Right now I'm using rage as it goes along nicely with the War Tabi and Exec as these are the 3 items that provide both Phys Power and Atk Speed, besides Qin's Blades and Death's Toll, both of which I think would hurt this build more than help. But, I think Rage is a little weak in the Phys Power department, I'm not sure if more attack speed is what I should be going for in a 6th item, and it is rather pricey. As most games are decided for me before the 6th item is bought, let alone completed, I think I shouldn't go too pricey on a 6th item considering how pricey the rest of the build is (14,290 before the 6th item).

Deathbringer could be one option, but considering how I don't have any other crit to take advantage of it fully, I already have a TON of phys power, and this item is very expensive, not sure if Deathbringer is the right choice. Asi has caught my eye and may probably be the best choice. For only 1850 I get 15% more lifesteal to complement seething howl and dev's gloves for those occasions where things aren't going my way. It also adds a whopping 30% more Atk Speed and 15 pen so it's a good compliment to the rest of the build. Brawlers Beat Stick I think is a little underwhelming for late game for it's price. Bloodforge could be a good compliment as it brings more lifesteal than Asi, but it's much pricier (2725). I don't think items like Soul Eater or Witch's Stone are a good 6th, as if I need a 6th item to finish a match, I'm going to want to give him more oomph than the meager 15% attack speed most likely. Focused Voidblade could be good as it gives both offense and defense at this stage, but again, pricey. I don't think Fatalis is a good 6th. Titan's Bane may be a good option and it's more affordable, but I'm not sure if it beats out Asi. Haven't really considered any items beyond these.

So yeah that's about it. Thoughts/opinions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

likwidneo

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 18, 2013 6:23pm | Report
When jungling going with Bumba's Mask is great for the mp5 and the sustain from killing camps, so I would recommend starting with it.

The 400g pot is really good!

I really like the Girdle of Might (used to pick it up on Tyr 24/7) instead of Hand of the Gods though it will mean that you need more help at the start of your jungle. Those gankes are to strong though :P

When it comes to builds on Fenrir I like to go protections, cdr and penetration ( Heartseeker if the game is going very good ofc as you said), so something like this:

Warrior Tabi-->Focused Voidblade--> Jotunn's Wrath/ Bulwark of Hope/Physical protection item--> Titan's Bane

Physical protection item can be Hide of the Nemean Lion, Sovereignty or maybe even the new item (haven't tried it out much yet, but it looks like a superb item for Fenrir) Mail of Renewal.

The reason for stacking penetration on Fenrir is that 90 percent of his damage is abilities and therefor critical hits and such does you no good but pen and cdr is going to help you out a lot.

The reason for building protection is that it makes you able to initiate with your tank in teamfights instead of having to lurk in the shadows and pick of targets that are out of position.

I know that it is tempting to build attack speed for building runes quicker, but the only use for runes is really for jungle clearing with Brutalize and for ganks with the stun from Unchained. But of curse it depends on your play style :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by likwidneo » October 18, 2013 10:23pm | Report
One thing I'm curious about is when crafting builds, do the more experienced players set budgets for themselves? Cuz I mean, at it's cheapest, this build is still 16K+ and can go over 17K, when it might sometimes be more effective to make cheaper builds if you know most games are finished before you will ever hit that kind of gold.

As far as the Attack Speed, when I was first messing with Fenrir I did think that I needed Attack Speed to charge up his runes easier, but before I started working on this build I had already realized that a big Attack Speed build leaves him way too weak and vulnerable and makes ganking way too tough. Attack Speed isn't completely useless for Fen however as it supercharges his Seething Howl and any other Lifesteal that you might throw on him (Devo Gloves, Asi, etc.) and gives you some options for tougher ganks where burst damage alone isn't going to do it. So the attack speed from the War Tabi/Exec/Rage combo is more a nice plus from some items that bring a lot of other useful stats to bare.

As far as prot goes, I don't ever think I would include any kind of prot in my builds just because I'm an extremely aggressive player and I like to live rather dangerously. I would focus more on lifesteal if anything else just because he already has a lot of it to begin with, and you have more options for adding more offensive power with lifesteal items than you do with prot. I mean to my knowledge the only offensive item that also gives you prot is voidblade, so...

likwidneo

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 19, 2013 3:28am | Report
That is a really good point! And Fenrir is actually a god that doesn't need a lot of expensive items to do mad damage. The most expensive item being Focused Voidblade, Titan's Bane is probably the item that gives him the most damage for the amount of gold you spend. So a cheap build can be very efficient, but if you are getting super fed (like 1-2k ahead of everyone) going for an expensive build might help you snowball even more.

Yeah attack speed is going to come down to how you play for the most part, and as you like to go lifesteal rather than protection it's not a bad idea to build some attack speed for Seething Howl.

You could go with Focused Voidblade and Runic Shield, but it is ofc totally up to your play style. The reason I build prot instead of lifesteal is because he already got some from Seething Howl, so I can use that if needed. But most of the time I just use it to get more damage on my Brutalize, because I don't need lifestal due to all the protections. Though it depends on the match as well, if the enemy team does the mistake of not focusing you in teamfights etc. go for pure damage. If you go full damage with lifesteal and is getting focused by cc-chains correctly in teamfights you are going to relay on Ragnarok and Purification Beads to keep you alive.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }