Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Season 4 Conquest Starting Items

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Season 4 Conquest Starting Items 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 23, 2017 11:02pm | Report
Posted also on Reddit, but editing the original with additions here:

This is slightly in-depth (TL;DR), and I am looking for feedback.

In preparation for SMITE S4, The Overarching Conquest Guide is going to need a major revamp in multiple areas.

Specifically in this post, I'm looking to cover the most COMMON starts for each role. Until the meta settles, I would request peoples' minds be open...I'm trying to think of various situations and varieties of starting processes.

One big guess on change...we're much more likely to see movement speed items built first before stacking (except perhaps in the Mid-Lane with select gods w/ escapes), due to the more dangerous jungle and earlier rotations.

*NOTE* Tooltips as of 1/23 still show Patch 3.25 state, so don't use them for reference. Use THIS.

ADC:
Additional comments: When we still see Neith in ADC, possible she still starts T2 Transcendence + potions...

Jungler:
Additional comments: Might we see an aggressive assassin in a pre-made go for both Bumba's Mask AND Rangda's Mask, with Boots and potions?

Mid:

Healing Mage Supports

Okay, quick discussion time. Look, this COULD be a thing if Hi-Rez can tweak things correctly. I know this is a controversial subject...with the huge healing nerfs and more anti-heal, it's pretty bad right now.

For gods not named Ra (who should absolutely remain more focused on damage), I propose higher base damage on abilities w/ low scaling, higher base healing w/ low scaling, and possibly higher base health...that could be a start, and will keep the hybrid utility of a magical healer up by allowing them to build into protections without sacrificing as much damage.

There are more options for healers these days, and some interesting ideas for protections...and now we've got a possible escape with the universal Shield of Regrowth...there ARE options.

Anyway, on this, expect most standard starts would use standard Support starts (see below).

Alright, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Solo:

Support:
  • Standard Support: Watcher's Gift (800), Boots or Shoes (300), 8x potions
  • Alt Jungle Clear Support: Watcher's Gift (800), Bumba's Mask (500), 4x potions
    NOTE: I expect Chalice of the Oracle to be picked up quite often after first back...at least by those that regularly use wards...agree or no?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Technotoad64 » January 24, 2017 6:21am | Report
Do you think Sands of Time might work in solo?
#ffe699 #ffff99 #e6ff99 #ccff99 #afff99 #99ff99 #99ffb3 #99ffcc #99fff3 #99f3ff #99e6ff #99ccff
#ffcc33 #ffff33 #ccff33 #99ff33 #66ff33 #33ff33 #33ff66 #33ff99 #33ffcc #33ffff #33ccff #3399ff
#cc9900 #cccc00 #99cc00 #66cc00 #33cc00 #00cc00 #00cc33 #00cc66 #00cc99 #00cccc #0099cc #0066cc
#664d00 #666600 #4d6600 #336600 #1a6600 #006600 #00661a #006633 #00664d #006666 #004d66 #003366

Technotoad64
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 24, 2017 10:20am | Report
Technotoad64 wrote:

Do you think Sands of Time might work in solo?

My guess is that it CAN work, but since it's magical only, we've got a limited list that sometimes can be seen in the solo lane (at least in S3).

It's perhaps best for gods that usually use only one ability with no DoT for clear. or perhaps those that have some healing in their kits. These might include:
The others, I'd guess, including gods with ticking abilities like Zhong Kui and Aphrodite, would make better use out of Soul Stone for the easily applied damage.

I'll add as an alt start for magical.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » January 24, 2017 10:35am | Report
I'd say the patch summed it up best "While Soul Stone is for pure Damage and Vampiric Shroud is for Health Sustain, Sands of Time is for Mana and Cooldown, a starting stat gap that existed for Support and hybrid Mages.” Gods that really need mana and CDR at the beginning are going to benefit the most from it, namely healers with good lane clear that suffer from poor mana sustain and long cooldowns (Aphro, Chang'e, Hel, maybe Ra). Gods that can actually be aggressive in Solo early game, even against a Warrior, or gods that don't suffer from mana issues but rather need more power for lane clear will be more likely to go Soul Stone, especially if they're AA focused (Freya, Chronos, Zhong Kui, maybe Ra). Most gods that don't have healing will still probably just go Vampiric Shroud though for the sustain.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sodsboy » March 1, 2017 6:41am | Report
Can we also propose War Flag fo physical guardians such as Odin or Guan Yu (and for the old players Sun Wukong)
IGN: Soddyboy
Curse: Sodsboy
Steam: Sodsboy

Sodsboy

Memorable (10)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }