Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Penetration

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Penetration 49 posts - page 5 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xaixihilax » August 26, 2013 1:20pm | Report

Does anyone know if you can give anyone negative protection?

lets say you are up against a Loki without Voidblade at lvl 20 (69 physical protection by my math), and you got Warrior Tabi, The Executioner, Jotun's Wrath and Voidblade (witch is 70 flat penetration with 3 stacks of executioner). Would that make Loki have 0 or -1 protection for you?

I would guess it only goes down to 0, but if anyone got a link or something to clarify it for me that would be great (only got my mac with me so can't check it out myself).

What we figured out after testing it out:

The Executioner: Is a debuff which reduces the targets protection by 5 + 7% of the targets max protection (before debuffs etc) per stack.
Voidblade: Is a aura debuff which reduces the targets protection by 15 (after the patch when tier 3 was split into two).
Titan's Bane: Is a percentage penetration which reduces the targets protection by 33% (after debuffs).
Warrior Tabi, Jotunn's Wrath and Focused Voidblade: Is flat penetration items, which is subtracted from the targets protection (after debuffs and percentage penetration).

So lets say we got every penetration item (Focused Voidblade) you can get vs a good with no protection except the natural protection (no protection items):
Protection numbers
Penetration numbers

A Poseidon would have 8 + (20*2.2) = 52 protection at lvl 20.

First we do the debuff stacks from The Executioner.
First stack 52*7/100=3,64+5=8,64. Second stack 8,64*2=17,28. Third stak 8,64*3=25,92.

Then we got Poseidon down to 26,08 protection with the 3 stacks up.

( Voidblade aura would put him down to 11,08 protection).

Then its down to the Titan's Bane (lets say we didn't have the aura from Voidblade).
The percentage will be 26,08*33/100=8,61

Then we got Poseidon down to 17,47 protection with the 3 stacks up.

And last, but not least we are down to the flat penetration.
Warrior Tabi, Jotunn's Wrath and Focused Voidblade puts the flat penetration up to 15+15+25=55 flat penetration.

Then we got Poseidon down to -37,53 (0 is the cap) protection with the 3 stacks up.

Your total penetration will be 25,92+8,61+55=89,53

Then the damage would be like this (lets say your base damage is 300):
300x100/(100+52-89,53 (52 because the cap is 0))=300 damage.

I tested out the negative protection myself, and I found out that the cap was 0 (Loki lvl 1 with 100 physical power and 40 penetration did 100 damage to Isis lvl 1 with no extra protection).

Hopefully my math is right now, would be hilarious if I manage to screw it up again xD

correct me if im wrong but it isn't the same to apply 21% + 15 penetration debuff from executioner at once than applying it by stacks of 7% + 5, the results are a little different, unless im missing something and the game just applies the next stack of that debuff from the total defense which is 52 and not from 43,36 after the first stack and so on which would result in a total of 27,85 after all 3 stacks are applied instead of 25,92 and also the flat penetration is capped to 50 right? so that would mean the total penetration from your previous calculation should be 84,53 instead of 89,53 if we follow your formula.

xaixihilax

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » August 27, 2013 2:17am | Report
xaixihilax, take a look at the third page of this thread. We've had a discussion about items that stacks penetration already. :)

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 27, 2013 2:28pm | Report
xaixihilax wrote:

correct me if im wrong but it isn't the same to apply 21% + 15 penetration debuff from executioner at once than applying it by stacks of 7% + 5, the results are a little different, unless im missing something and the game just applies the next stack of that debuff from the total defense which is 52 and not from 43,36 after the first stack and so on which would result in a total of 27,85 after all 3 stacks are applied instead of 25,92 and also the flat penetration is capped to 50 right? so that would mean the total penetration from your previous calculation should be 84,53 instead of 89,53 if we follow your formula.

That is what I thought as well when I first read the item info, but it is actually not the case.
The Executioner debuffs the targets armor for the same amount on each stack (it is the same with Spear Of The Magus).

And yes you are right the cap is 50, gonna switch that asp :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aj17 » September 11, 2013 7:22pm | Report
Kraziub wrote:

I tried your situation in a practice joust. With 3 stacks on executioner I did 317 damage to Loki. Adding a Titan's Bane boosted it to 362 with 3 stacks on executioner. It seems like it can go negative.

Situation without Bane
With Bane

Hey there im new to this forum but have been playing smite for awhile, this post in general caught my eye and for the sake of validity i tried double checking ur findings with hun batz with some math and i feel as tho i have come into an error with ur test. the scaling increase on hun batz fourth hit (the combo ender) appears to be (by my amateur calculations) 1.5~1.55, thus in your second screenshot with hun attacking loki hit for 362 matched my calculations (off by decimals) meaning titans bane did not but him the negative zone, ur scaling on that third and last hit is wat caused that increase in damage. hope this helps.
gUise iM goen AD Ymir, Wee gOt diS.... hue hue hue hue hue

Aj17

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » September 11, 2013 8:11pm | Report
My God, how many threads on penetration are there? Three, four?

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » September 11, 2013 8:31pm | Report
Well, who ever said frequent coitus was a bad thing?

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » September 11, 2013 9:21pm | Report
Oh my God you're nasty.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » September 25, 2013 7:49pm | Report
So from what I understand! If I was guan yu and I had max 50 flat pen from warrior tabi, johtuns and focused voidblade. And then built titans bane, with all this combined with the max 30 pen debuff from his toulu assault the pen would be applied like...

30 debuff from toulu > 33% titans bane > the 50 flat pen = an anal hemmoraging amount of penetration and has a good chance of making enemies go into negative protections?

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » September 30, 2013 4:45am | Report
HollowsEdge wrote:

So from what I understand! If I was guan yu and I had max 50 flat pen from warrior tabi, johtuns and focused voidblade. And then built titans bane, with all this combined with the max 30 pen debuff from his toulu assault the pen would be applied like...

30 debuff from toulu > 33% titans bane > the 50 flat pen = an anal hemmoraging amount of penetration and has a good chance of making enemies go into negative protections?

It would make them go to 0 protection (or at least close to it), so you would deal "true" damage :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }