Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Penetration

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Penetration 49 posts - page 4 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » July 8, 2013 10:37am | Report
Pieder can I ask you why you always make your links yellow?
Anyways, I do not know where this treat is about :P
Jk Titan's Bane OP

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » July 8, 2013 10:49am | Report

Pieder can I ask you why you always make your links yellow?
Anyways, I do not know where this treat is about :P
Jk Titan's Bane OP

I like yellow more than the standard blue, and I find it easier to see and read than blue as well. And since you seem to have noticed that I keep using yellow instead of blue, maybe I could say that it resembles me now too? :p

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tantal » July 8, 2013 11:41am | Report
Is the percentage from Titan's Bane taken from the protection the enemy got after debuffs then?
Yes and flat penetration from the value after % penetration - so flat penetration is stronger if you use Titan's Bane.

@Piederman: Thank you for testing and the constructive discussion now. I have wronged you.

Tantal

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 8, 2013 1:31pm | Report
Thanks for clarifying Tantal!
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 24, 2013 3:59pm | Report
So yeah, after reading over this again I figured it might be a it hard to figure out for ppl who wasn't engaged in the discussion.

This is how it works:
The Executioner: Is a debuff which reduces the targets protection by 5 + 7% of the targets max protection (before debuffs etc) per stack.
Voidblade: Is a aura debuff which reduces the targets protection by 15 (after the patch when tier 3 was split into two).
Titan's Bane: Is a percentage penetration which reduces the targets protection by 33% (after debuffs).
Warrior Tabi, Jotunn's Wrath and Focused Voidblade: Is flat penetration items, which is subtracted from the targets protection (after debuffs and percentage penetration).

So lets say we got every penetration item (Focused Voidblade) you can get vs a good with no protection except the natural protection (no protection items):
Protection numbers
Penetration numbers

A Poseidon would have 8 + (20*2.2) = 52 protection at lvl 20.

First we do the debuff stacks from The Executioner.
First stack 52*7/100=3,64+5=8,64. Second stack 8,64*2=17,28. Third stak 8,64*3=25,92.

Then we got Poseidon down to 26,08 protection with the 3 stacks up.

( Voidblade aura would put him down to 11,08 protection).

Then its down to the Titan's Bane (lets say we didn't have the aura from Voidblade).
The percentage will be 26,08*33/100=8,61

Then we got Poseidon down to 17,47 protection with the 3 stacks up.

And last, but not least we are down to the flat penetration.
Warrior Tabi, Jotunn's Wrath and Focused Voidblade puts the flat penetration up to 15+15+25=55 flat penetration.

Then we got Poseidon down to -37,53 protection with the 3 stacks up.

Your total penetration will be 25,92+8,61+55=89,53

Then the damage would be like this (lets say your base damage is 300):
300x100/(100+52-89,53)=480,23 damage.

Hopefully my math is right now, would be hilarious if I manage to screw it up again xD

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bushwahkhan » July 26, 2013 1:07pm | Report
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!! Thank You. It has clarified a lot! I have a few questions though:

1) I know now that it is, but how do you know that titans bane % is taken from the protection after debuffs and executioner is before? Does it say that somewhere or just a known fact? Is titans bane the only one that will be based of protection after debuffs? I mean all items pretty much have an aura/debuff so yea...

So if you had for example: War tabi (with +15 pen) and Focused Voidblade (+25 pen instead of 15 pen reduction) and the enemy had 125 Protection. You max out titans bane. In this situation it would be 125 - 33% = 41.25 Enemy Pen Left. 41.25 - 40 ( for pen from boots and focused blade) = 1.25 Pen left. If you however switch the focused with the regular voidblade then that changes the whole equation. Meaning that You have to deduct 125-15 (Aura from voidblade) then calculate 33% of 110 then subtract the rest of the flat and g2g. I think I got it?

2) So that means regardless of who you play titans bane 33 pen % will be based after all your debuffs that reduce enemy protection correct?

3) Essentially titans bane is good for end game as a replacement for something or last item to get that extra umph on those heave d foes? From what I read Id rather run with jwrath than titans bane mid game. Or unless you go all out flat pen?

4)"Then the damage would be like this (lets say your base damage is 300):
300x100/(100+52-87,53)=465,33 damage." - Where did the 87.53 come from?

What I have been doing is subtracting my protect % reduc from enemy total protection then just subtract my total pen from their pen and then - the pen I got from Protect % Reduc = Total pen reduction on enemy. Then lets say the enemy has 80 phys protect. and my total pen is i dunno 65 and my power is 60.

What I do is go 80 - 65(my total pen) = 15 left for enemy

With my power being 60 I would have now wiped him from protection right? and now do full attack damage - 15? (Excluding Auras which I am still trying to include properly :) )

Just making sure I got it all right. ^^^^^ I know the last 3 paragraphs are pretty much the same as %reduce > %pen > - flat pen.

www.twitch.tv/bushwahkhan - Follow :)

IGN:Bushwahkhan - Add me for games :)

Main Roles Played:
ADC
Support

Bushwahkhan

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 26, 2013 2:27pm | Report
1: It is just a "known" fact that almost none knows I guess xD
Yes that looks to be right ;)

2: Yes

3: Yeah that is pretty much correct, but if you deal most of your damage with skills (and doesn't apply the 3 debuff stacks on The Executioner (Thor is a good example) going for Titan's Bane is better. So Jotunn's Wrath first then Titan's Bane if you are focusing on damage from skills. And The Executioner if you are focusing on damage from auto attacks.

4: Ohh woops typo *89,53* is what it is supposed to be.

Your damage is 60 and pen is 65, your target got 80 protection:

60*100/(100+80-65)=52 true damage.

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bushwahkhan » July 26, 2013 3:03pm | Report
Yay so I am starting to understand hahaha.

"
Your damage is 60 and pen is 65, your target got 80 protection:

60*100/(100+80-65)=52 true damage."

How does that equation come into play or where did you even get it from?

I was doing 80-65 = 15
60-15 = 45. I thought 45 would be my true damage.

Thanks again
Alex

Main Roles Played:
ADC
Support

Bushwahkhan

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 26, 2013 3:06pm | Report
Some guy on the official Smite forum. That is how the game calculates damage (might be wrong though but at least that is what I've been told :p ).

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bushwahkhan » July 26, 2013 3:12pm | Report
Oh, hahah. Interesting

Seems kind of odd.

Power * 100

The thor example was a good one. Because he uses his 3 ALOT for team fights it would make more sense to get bane since you use abilities more instead of basic attacks? Meaning you will reap more going power and flat pen?

But on a gods like Anhur/xbala you kind of tend to use a lot of both. So lets say you have bane and executioner. What happens when anhur uses his impale or desert fury? The debuff plays no role for abilities right? So it would be as if No debuff existed and the titans bane would take the penetration % from the full enemy base pen?

Damn, now I have all this information in my head that when I play tonight I am going to over think everything hahaha

Main Roles Played:
ADC
Support

Bushwahkhan

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }