Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Odysseus bow

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Odysseus bow 21 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 11, 2014 10:15am | Report

It opens up for the possibility to skip Fatalis on Baka, so IMO it's not terrible on him. Ofc that means you have to go Sprint.
Fatalis got a better passive and is cheaper, but gives less AS.

this makes fatalis a better choice because you then already have both actives slots full (HoG sprint) so no beads.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » September 11, 2014 11:48am | Report
Devampi wrote:

this makes fatalis a better choice because you then already have both actives slots full (HoG sprint) so no beads.

You do not have to get HOG though :P

It's possible to do jungle baka without it and solo baka usually goes without it.

If you are getting HOG you ofc want to get Fatalis ;)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » September 11, 2014 12:18pm | Report

solo baka usually goes without it.

No he doesn't.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShaoTheGreat » September 16, 2014 3:53pm | Report
I concur... It's an awful item... I've been trying to make it viable by combining it with all different types of items on all different hunters... worthless... It needs to be WAAAAAYYYYY cheaper or they need to add something like +10 Physical power and +10 Lifesteal, or CDR, or penetration... or something... Or way more damage output on the chain effect - or I've got it...

Increase the probability to 50% on the passive and remove the 1 second cooldown, then make it 1900 gold. Then it may be viable.

ShaoTheGreat

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » September 16, 2014 11:11pm | Report
Yeah, I retract my earlier post in that the item is god awful (no pun intended). Complete waste of money and waste of an item slot. The attack speed is nice, but it isn't coupled with anything else. The passive is near useless due to it being only a 25% chance, and the damage the lightning gives is pretty bad.

I like the idea of having an item like this, but HiRez clearly didn't put much thought into it and whether or not it'll actually be useful.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 17, 2014 12:35am | Report
Yuuuuup.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 17, 2014 4:10am | Report
I say: Keep the AS. But give it a chain stun instead. :D
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShaoTheGreat » October 14, 2014 11:02am | Report
I finally figured out what it's good for. It's an Anhur item. As in - Anhur only. I made a theoretical build that sounds completely unusable but somehow works like magic on Anhur. It is bootless so it relies on careful positioning. It would seem to lack power, but it processes the chain lightning so quickly that it will secure you kills by hitting minions near enemy gods who would have otherwise barely gotten away. Laugh if you will, but try it.

I normally build:
Dev Gloves > Pen Boots > Fatalis or Asi > Rage > Malice > Deathbringer

This is the build that I've been racking up 30 kill games with:

Rage > Fatalis > Odysseus Bow > Asi > Deathbringer > Executioner

It turns him into a grenade machine gun. When I unleash into clustered up enemies I get triple kills all day without trying. It seemed like a silly concept, but it works amazingly well. I play mostly hunters and can't work it into a build with any of them. I think Hi-Rez made it as an Anhur item. It makes up for his lack of attack speed while enhancing his farm. I'm going to experiment with working Dev Gloves back into the build but I don't know what to take out. His attack speed is almost maxed and is what most Artemis players are near using their steroid. Thoughts?

ShaoTheGreat

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShaoTheGreat » October 14, 2014 9:09pm | Report
OK, after further testing, I've settled on this build:

Dev Gloves > Fatalis > Rage > Odysseus Bow > Malice > Deathbringer

It's slower but hits harder.

Anyone else found a use for this item???

ShaoTheGreat

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 15, 2014 7:56am | Report
I normally don't use the ultra crit combo. so If it's good on anhur I would go dev-boots-bow-rage-DB-exo with it. gives you some nice and annoying penetration for bursting tanks

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }