Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Odysseus bow

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Odysseus bow 21 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mordo » September 9, 2014 2:06am | Report
is it just me or will this become the "Must have" item for all hunters and AAing Assassins? 40% speed and minion/ camp killing capabilities? if this can stack with golden bow it will be a beast in teamfights too

Mordo

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » September 9, 2014 10:28am | Report
I actually do not think it will be that good, all ADC (- Xbal) got good wave clear already.

But it might be something you can use on Merc, maybe. Due to Made You Look :P

It does open for building Titan's bane though if you pick it up, which I like a lot on ADC due to the extra damage against towers.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » September 10, 2014 1:35am | Report
I agree with BME.

It sounds like it's a great item, but realistically, it might only serve a decent purpose for a few. Again, like he said, it might be good for Xbalanque, and in my opinion, Rama so he could save his Astral Arrows.

Though, I'd still like to test it on some of the other hunters. Who knows? It might be a great item for all hunters.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 10, 2014 2:16am | Report
It'll be garbage, as usual.

It gives nothing but attack speed, already turning it into a niche item, it gives zero crit chance, making it nearly unusable on the already restricted ADC build (Warrior Tabi, Deathbringer, Devo Gloves/Bloodforge/Asi, The Executioner/Titan's Bane, Rage are five items that are all completely necessary.)

To get it on the ADC build, you are sacrificing Sais, double lifesteal, cooldown reduction, magi's blessing, or even Frostbound Hammer. There are basically zero situations where you would take extremely minor AoE damage in exchange for any of the above.

Getting it in the laning phase means sacrificing lifesteal, making your in-lane experience that much worse, and it only delays getting the items you really want.

This item is essentially a copy of Dawngate's Resonance, only way, way worse. It is just teh bads. Even if they do switch to making it 50% of autoattack damage instead of a % of your physical power, it is still garbage.

They are either going to buff it until it becomes horrifically overpowered, and then / or remove it from the game.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 10, 2014 5:24pm | Report
I can see it being used on AS based assassins like Kali or Merc or such as a very *last* item. But because it gives no power it doesn't synergize with itself, meaning you need to stack damage, THEN go into it.

But on merc, Sais+Bow is gonna be nasty imo.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » September 11, 2014 1:19am | Report
Maybe it could work on Baka?

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 11, 2014 2:30am | Report
Baka stacks attack speed and one of his main sources of damage is an on-hit effect. It's terrible on him.

It's just a horrible item in general. 30 + 50% of Physical Power...at absolute best, with 30 from Tabi, 30 from a pen item of your choice, 30 from Rage, 50 from Deathbringer, and 75 from Heartseeker, you get a total of 215 physical power. With max stacks and a full build.

Which means your procs are going to be dealing 137.5 damage with each proc. Statistically speaking, with a 25% chance, that is an average of 34.375 physical damage per autoattack, BEFORE mitigation. Whoop de ****ing do. (With mitigation, that is around 22 extra damage, AT BEST.)

You can't get Sais, you can't get Golden Bow, you NEED to build as much power as possible to maximize the use of this item. And even with that, the returns are awful.

This item is just terrible and works on NO ONE. Do not ever use it.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DodgeNDive » September 11, 2014 4:25am | Report
XBal can use it, since his passive gives him +PPow.
Baka would probably use it just for the cheaper cost and high attack speed, to scale with his 3.

I tried it with Xbal and the proc was doing 100 ish damage, but yeah I would rather iron out crit chance or basic hit damage instead of grabbing this item.

DodgeNDive

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » September 11, 2014 4:51am | Report
It opens up for the possibility to skip Fatalis on Baka, so IMO it's not terrible on him. Ofc that means you have to go Sprint.
Fatalis got a better passive and is cheaper, but gives less AS.

I do not think anyone is saying that it is a good item x)

Give it the same price tag as Asi or even cheaper and it might be something you can use for the early-mid game. Or give it more than just AS :P

It is pretty much a joke as it is now.

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » September 11, 2014 5:58am | Report
Nah I agree;it's a terrible item which will rarely get bought.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }