Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Let's make a meta: Siege Mode

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Let's make a meta: Siege Mode 19 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » May 6, 2014 4:34pm | Report
Discuss possible metas for Siege Mode. The only two times I played it it was just everyone running around and pushing objectives at random, so maybe we should come up with a meta.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 6, 2014 5:20pm | Report
Well, the map isn't asymmetrical, so there has to be a jungler, at least for the sake of symmetry.

The real question is: How soon do you get Silver Fury?

Any team that tries to grab it right as it spawns risks getting killed, as it'll deal a lot of damage to your team, even a tank.

I think people should be warding the Fury ASAP, but grabbing it more around the five-ten min mark. Otherwise, it is way too easy to steal.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » May 6, 2014 6:29pm | Report
Well... from what I've seen, a hyper-push meta would fit the best.

Siege Towers, with only one god supporting, can solo towers early in the game. Therefore, I propose a meta that focuses on getting as many Siege Towers onto the field as early as possible. You should have destroyed at least one pheonix by the time gold becomes an issue.

For meta roles:

One jungler. Self-explanatory: get tickets by killing jungle creeps and ganking, and be a major source of tower damage.

Two hyper-pushers. Ra is an example. Get last hits for tickets, and help the siege tower push as fast as possible, by either contributing tower damage or protecting it.

One EARLY-GAME Tank. Odin is an example. Get HoG 3, and tank the Silver Fury when you attack it. Protect the hyper-pusher in your lane, and contribute tower damage.

One "Protector of the Tower". When a tower spawns, their entire job is to make it take as little damage as possible. Tank hits, heal it up, zone enemies out, whatever he needs to do. Otherwise, he protects the hyper-pusher in his lane.

Get the Silver Fury soon and often. Early-game, it might be a massive risk, but if you HoG 3 it, that 2-3-4 minute siege tower will be devastating.

Teamfights: Let's see here: Tank/support, three damage-dealers, bruiser/tank/support. I think we're good.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » May 6, 2014 6:49pm | Report
Yes, warding the Silver Fury right off the bat is very important, so if the enemies try to grab the Silver Fury right off the bat you can catch them with their pants down.

Using gods who tend to have bad early games is actually pretty good here due to the 2000 gold start, as it helps you get to your late-game power soon. Bad early-game gods like Hel and Chronos or Kali, for a few examples, are pretty good. They're gods who are pretty bad early, but they absolutely wreck face during late-game.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » May 7, 2014 4:06am | Report
There will have to be a big focus on last hitting, perhaps the support role could use an ability on a wave, so the damage dealer can all of the last hits.

Clearing camps as fast as possible is important, and perhaps a the support or the 'Protector of the Tower' (lets just call them the protector) could rotate out to apply pressure to the enemy jungle, to slow the process of juggling.

Or whenever you've pushed the lane far enough, go and clear an enemy camp.
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » May 7, 2014 8:16pm | Report
festive1 wrote:

There will have to be a big focus on last hitting, perhaps the support role could use an ability on a wave, so the damage dealer can all of the last hits.

Clearing camps as fast as possible is important, and perhaps a the support or the 'Protector of the Tower' (lets just call them the protector) could rotate out to apply pressure to the enemy jungle, to slow the process of juggling.

Or whenever you've pushed the lane far enough, go and clear an enemy camp.

I hate it when they have a fed juggler. They seem to juggle so much better fed.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » May 7, 2014 10:39pm | Report
Well, have you ever tried juggling on an empty stomach? It makes it quite difficult to focus on the whirl of objects flying from hand to hand when all you can think about is meatloaf and gravy.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » May 7, 2014 11:01pm | Report

Well, have you ever tried juggling on an empty stomach? It makes it quite difficult to focus on the whirl of objects flying from hand to hand when all you can think about is meatloaf and gravy.

All I think about when I juggle is turnips... delicious, tormented turnips. <3

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » May 8, 2014 5:52am | Report
If there were to be a jungler, I think it would best be someone like Odin, with good early game, but in mid-late game has great team fight, as well they have to be able to do damage while having health in late game.
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » May 9, 2014 12:56am | Report
You do not need a jungler IMO. All you need is a team that understands that you should leave the lane to do the camps when they spawn...

There should always be someone to hold the lane ofc to get the points from the wave as well.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }