Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Win Rates in Relation to Rank

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » God Win Rates in Relation to Rank 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » April 27, 2018 6:23am | Report
If you look here you can find win rates for multiple gods. What's interesting is how win rates relate to rank. For example look at Cupid's. Bronze players have a higher win rate than those in diamond, which is odd. Then you look at Chiron's. Players in literally any other rank than bronze have a 10% higher win rate. Isn't that odd...

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » April 27, 2018 6:47am | Report
Not really. I think it has more to do with the skill of the players than the gods themselves. Cupid is kinda an easy mode god: you AA until your passive is up, then you use your abilities. Chiron is very much an ability based hunter in that you have to weave in basic attacks along with his abilities to do well with him.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » April 27, 2018 8:46am | Report
That's because Cupid works pretty well against low levels. Due his high control (slows and cripple), high individual damage ( Fields Of Love combined with Heart Bomb really hurt) and high sustain (with Share The Love) in low levels, where usually people don't group up well and there is(are) almost a person (or people) with a bad position he can really hurt those people.

Furthermore, Cupid's kit is very simple to understand and use. Of course if you want extract the max of this god you will need think a lot about when and how to use his skills, but I mean, it's just a bomb that sticks on the enemy, hearts that heals, a dash and a circle that explodes, so it's very noob friendly (everyone can play and understand it easily).

Plus bronze people usually are newbies and are learning the game so they don't know very well the gods weakness that's why Cupid works so well in bronze and not in high level due to his weakness be so evident.

Also I'm surprised with Nike be the "best" pick with him. Nike works pretty well with him but there are better combos. The same for Nu Wa but her stun really helps him fire his skills so it's acceptable.

And what a Good site, I wonder it shows more detailed information soon, 'cause 3 picks are very few picks to get a good base knowledge :v

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » April 27, 2018 9:00am | Report
Something I thought funny in this site is that Nike, "GODDESS OF VICTORY" has the highest win rate percentage hahahaha.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » April 27, 2018 10:37am | Report
Basically this is how ranked works:

In bronze and silver ppl most of the time play what they want to play and therefor they do fairly well with what they play.

In gold ppl start to think they are pros, and start picking "OP" gods not because they know how to play the god but because the god is good. So they end up with loosing with gods that technically should have won the game.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » April 27, 2018 10:51am | Report
Gulf and Marki pretty much said what I was going to say. I don't have a lot of ranked experience but I know that generally, gods with higher winrates in higher tiers are most often picked up by people that know how to play them extremely well and thus win more often. Like when you run into a low tier character in a fghting game when playing online. They usually know how to play that character extremely well and can play to their strengths and against their weaknesses.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » April 27, 2018 8:29pm | Report
True, true...

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » April 27, 2018 8:30pm | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

Something I thought funny in this site is that Nike, "GODDESS OF VICTORY" has the highest win rate percentage hahahaha.

LOL

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }