Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Few questions about items

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Few questions about items 23 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » January 28, 2014 2:12am | Report
Hi all.So i have a few questions about items/actives

1.So first question--i have read on forum that if guide(build) has Meditation included that the guide is already bad.I wonder why(I buy Salvation in assault only) but now when i have bought Apollo i have mana problems especially early game.After using my Across The Sky i have already no mana or just for 1 skill.That's why i'm considering buying Meditation when playing him.

2nd question.I like playing jungle and sometimes i get Heartseeker . But i wondered--maybe Transcendence will be better on Loki ? In that way we lack 8% movement speed but get more phys.power and mana.

I hope somebody can help me out with that questions.Thanks in advance

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by NoMoreHope » January 28, 2014 2:28am | Report
you need to learn to get blue buff early and if you don't get it use your mana only when its absolutely necessary when I first started I would use Meditate and Sprint no matter what god i was lol but eventually you'll learn how to save your mana and get the better actives in the game such as combat blink which is my new favorite active I get it no matter what god I play lol it just comes down to personal preference and your play style :)
I'm a fool don't believe anything I have to say!

NoMoreHope

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by muas » January 28, 2014 2:29am | Report
1. The reason that meditation is bad is because you shouldnt use your skills to much in the laning phase which will mean that 1 skill per wave will leave you with enough mana for engagements.

2. Transcendance is very good but very underrated, it gives more phys power with more mana it is also safer since you dont lose stacks. I just never try it on jungle dont really know why.
SMFG officer

muas

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » January 28, 2014 2:33am | Report
GeouZu wrote:

Hi all.So i have a few questions about items/actives

1.So first question--i have read on forum that if guide(build) has Meditation included that the guide is already bad.I wonder why(I buy Salvation in assault only) but now when i have bought Apollo i have mana problems especially early game.After using my Across The Sky i have already no mana or just for 1 skill.That's why i'm considering buying Meditation when playing him.

2nd question.I like playing jungle and sometimes i get Heartseeker . But i wondered--maybe Transcendence will be better on Loki ? In that way we lack 8% movement speed but get more phys.power and mana.

I hope somebody can help me out with that questions.Thanks in advance

1. Lot tat is bad meta i guess. Apollo is safe with his basic attacks at the start of a game so u can use Death's Toll as a starter and get blue to counter mana issues. Early game meditation is not recommended for ADCs as its a waste of gold, they have priority of buying items quicker and get powerful rather than sustaining a lane.

2. I would prefer a heartseeker loki than a Transcendence Loki everytime.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » January 28, 2014 2:33am | Report
Yeah i get blue buff,but when i need to go from my base to place near enemy's one I spend much mana(and rushing into teamfight without mana is very risky.My damage without skills is decent but maybe i would need to use my The Moves or Serenade to escape,thats why i get meditation on Apollo (but maybe i don't know all the tricks,i'm still getting used to play him))

Thanks for answers. Muas if i had time today i would try it out,maybe it works better with Transcendence than with Heartseeker

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » January 28, 2014 2:35am | Report
Meditation is bad out side of assault because late game few gods have a mana probleme. Wukong xbal and maybe bachhus are the only one's for which it is still noticeble and apollo only if you ult. Unlike aegis, beads, sprint and blink it doesn't provide any escape oppertunity or utility.

Transcendence is an item i adore but it's expensive. Loki will benifit more from heartseeker because movement speed, how cheap it is and how it give's him more early kill oppertunity.

It may be the highest power item in the game but only at level 20 and is expensive.

Build it on bruisers and on xbal but for other adc's you can do fine with a simple blue buff.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 28, 2014 2:59am | Report
All4Games wrote:

Meditation is bad out side of assault because late game few gods have a mana probleme. Wukong xbal and maybe bachhus are the only one's for which it is still noticeble and apollo only if you ult. Unlike aegis, beads, sprint and blink it doesn't provide any escape oppertunity or utility.

Transcendence is an item i adore but it's expensive. Loki will benifit more from heartseeker because movement speed, how cheap it is and how it give's him more early kill oppertunity.

It may be the highest power item in the game but only at level 20 and is expensive.

Build it on bruisers and on xbal but for other adc's you can do fine with a simple blue buff.

It's a waste on Xbalanque. If you have to pick an active, get Aegis Amulet or Sprint on him. There's no reason you should have to waste so much mana, because your main drain is Branching Bola and you shouldn't rank that up until you've maxed your other skills. By the time you even start using it your mana should have stabilized.

Although, most of even playing him to begin with is knowing how to manage his mana, so maybe if you need it for a crutch. That can be said about any god.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » January 28, 2014 3:07am | Report
I was talking about transendce. Not meditation :p
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 28, 2014 3:21am | Report
All4Games wrote:

I was talking about transendce. Not meditation :p

lol oh, I missed you mentioning it, I guess.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » January 28, 2014 3:39am | Report
I think the real problem you have is that you use the ultimate to much or at least in the wrong situations. If you use it correctly you are not going to need a lot of mana when you get back down.

First of your job is to split push and split push and split push. Whenever your Across The Sky is off cooldown you should not be worried to push up even to the enemy phoenix (just have some vision with a Ward).

If someone is rotating towards you, all you do is ult out. Or just Serenade--> The Moves-->sprint if you think you can make it with that.

So the thing you should do is to in the mid game push the lane on the opposite side of the Gold Fury (so the solo lane) that way your team can group up at GF and then the enemy team has to decide do we want to protect the GF with everyone and try to take it (and give you a free tower). Or they can send someone to the solo lane to protect the tower, if they do you ult over to GF and your team is now 5v4 and should be able to get at least the GF and maybe some kills. In the late game you should push the duo lane to make the same scenario at Fire Giant.

The only reason for you to use Across The Sky in any other situation is if you either have someone at like 10hp in your lane that is getting away. If your jungler, mid and support is going to fight at the mid harpies and your tower is safe (so if the enemy adc has backed or you pushed the lane). Or if the enemy mid or jungle is very low and getting away, do not travel farther than the mid lane though :)

Hope some of it can help you out with the mana problems ;)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }