Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Cupid AP

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Cupid AP 22 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » December 5, 2012 5:21am | Report
I get your point but I think the early game sustain only really matters in mid lane were hel can play passive

if you go in a side lane you have someone to cover for you so you don't need meditation.

as for guan yu he can be tanky and heal alot with the right build XD
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » December 5, 2012 8:16am | Report

I get your point but I think the early game sustain only really matters in mid lane were hel can play passive

if you go in a side lane you have someone to cover for you so you don't need meditation.

as for guan yu he can be tanky and heal alot with the right build XD

Yes, I suppose I'm talking more from a side lane perspective. I'm aware Guan Yu can be tanky with good heals, but in order to do that he needs to have a decent early game because his tank items should be built before his AP items. But his heals are less effective than Hel's in general.

I feel like we're rambling at this point, or at least I am.

How about that AP Cupid, eh?

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xoatmealx » December 5, 2012 10:46am | Report
If you're playing as a support, you shouldn't be trying to outfarm your AD Carry. When I play Hel or Guan Yu, my main goal is to keep my AD beefy. Even if I'm playing as Sobek or Ymir, I try to get the enemies low enough so the AD can get the kills and the farm.

Healing, assists and getting buff abilities is my main goal as a support. Not farming.

xoatmealx

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » December 5, 2012 5:44pm | Report
xoatmealx wrote:

If you're playing as a support, you shouldn't be trying to outfarm your AD Carry. When I play Hel or Guan Yu, my main goal is to keep my AD beefy. Even if I'm playing as Sobek or Ymir, I try to get the enemies low enough so the AD can get the kills and the farm.

Healing, assists and getting buff abilities is my main goal as a support. Not farming.

That's a good point but support gods in this game need at least some gold flow to be effective at their job. I'm not suggesting out farming your carry, but if they don't do ANY farming/god killing then they will just become easy kills to feed the opposition. It just seems to be the way HiRez designed the game since no support-esque god is PURE support.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmoothCriminal » December 15, 2012 1:43am | Report
I'll repost this here for relevant commentary -

So I haven't been able to get a good answer on this - what is the point of physical penetration or reducing physical protection if the target doesn't have items that add it? Can physical protection go negative? I generally build like this, thinking attack speed is my prime stat for a lifesteal build
Warrior Tabi
Soul Eater
Fatalis - highest attack speed boost and cheap
Ankh of the Golem
Qin's Blades
Deathbringer

In this order. I generally can solo FG by about lvl 15. For domination, I sometimes substitute Ankh of the Golem with Frostbound Hammer or if I'm getting wrecked by physical damage, I'll go for Witch stone

I've yet to see a magic power build work well, but maybe in just a support role it would? I'm of the opinion cupid is too squishy to provide good support but maybe my opinion is uneducated. I've always played cupid for attack speed though. Comments?

SmoothCriminal

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » December 16, 2012 9:38am | Report

I'll repost this here for relevant commentary -

So I haven't been able to get a good answer on this - what is the point of physical penetration or reducing physical protection if the target doesn't have items that add it? Can physical protection go negative? I generally build like this, thinking attack speed is my prime stat for a lifesteal build
Warrior Tabi
Soul Eater
Fatalis - highest attack speed boost and cheap
Ankh of the Golem
Qin's Blades
Deathbringer

In this order. I generally can solo FG by about lvl 15. For domination, I sometimes substitute Ankh of the Golem with Frostbound Hammer or if I'm getting wrecked by physical damage, I'll go for Witch stone

I've yet to see a magic power build work well, but maybe in just a support role it would? I'm of the opinion cupid is too squishy to provide good support but maybe my opinion is uneducated. I've always played cupid for attack speed though. Comments?

Cupid can supply good healing support when built AP and his large dash allows him to easily escape most danger. However, a lot of his abilities lean towards playing him as an AD Carry and it is what still feels most optimal on him.

Commenting on your build: You have WAY too much attack speed and not NEARLY enough damage until late game. Since attack speed has diminishing returns, but attack damage doesn't, you'd be better off with a build like:

Heartseeker
Warrior Tabi
The Executioner or Voidblade
Qin's Blades
Soul Eater or Devourer's Gloves
Deathbringer

This build offers good attack speed while upping your damage through physical power and relatively early physical penetration. It's my standard ranged AD Carry build and if pulled off correctly will turn the enemy into minced meat.

Give it a try and tell me how it works in comparison to yours.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmoothCriminal » December 18, 2012 6:07pm | Report
I tried playing with less attack speed and always did less damage (based on round totals) and my own observation (I wish this game had a combat log). Lifesteal is huge for the attack speed because I heal myself as fast anything can damage me. I've sat through many ults while auto firing and kill them while tanking their damage. I've never played with heartseeker because the stats aren't very good if you lose your stacks but I'll give it a try and report back.

Also.. what does AS/AD/AP stand for? I see it everywhere

SmoothCriminal

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » December 18, 2012 6:43pm | Report

I tried playing with less attack speed and always did less damage (based on round totals) and my own observation (I wish this game had a combat log). Lifesteal is huge for the attack speed because I heal myself as fast anything can damage me. I've sat through many ults while auto firing and kill them while tanking their damage. I've never played with heartseeker because the stats aren't very good if you lose your stacks but I'll give it a try and report back.

Also.. what does AS/AD/AP stand for? I see it everywhere

Heartseeker is a relatively risky item, but can give you game changing power early game and is relatively easy to farm stacks for on many gods. I will admit it is not always the right choice, but it can be quite deadly.

AS stands for attack speed I'm assuming, I don't usually see that acronym though. I guess it might depend on context.

AD stands for attack damage, it's a League of Legends equivalent to Physical Power in SMITE. Lots of people use it like AD Carry referring to gods like Artemis and Anhur

AP stands for attack power, and it comes from LoL too. It is equivalent to Magical Power in SMITE so AP Carries are gods like Ra and Ao Kuang.

Let me know how the build goes though! I'm just telling you what I believe works best, but everyone has different play styles and is able to make different builds work.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmoothCriminal » December 18, 2012 7:08pm | Report
Will do! I think heartseeker will be fun in domination, though I'm not sure about rated play. I'm just a bit worried about my movement speed, but that shouldn't be an issue in early game for domination. I've never played league because I hated the camera so I feel like I miss a lot of the terminology. I don't even know what a carry is.

SmoothCriminal

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » December 18, 2012 10:35pm | Report

Will do! I think heartseeker will be fun in domination, though I'm not sure about rated play. I'm just a bit worried about my movement speed, but that shouldn't be an issue in early game for domination. I've never played league because I hated the camera so I feel like I miss a lot of the terminology. I don't even know what a carry is.

Heartseeker gives you 10% movement speed when finished. It makes you a bit slower at first but you can get rank 2 Warrior Tabi and be ahead on the movement speed curve no problem.

I can't recommend it in Domination though, I think it is WAY too risky in arena style combat where it's VERY easy to get caught and die. It is more of a Conquest item in my opinion where it is easier to avoid ganks/deaths if you play smart.

An AD Carry by my definition is a physical god that hits hard/fast with auto attacks. The primary reason for them is taking out towers and the Minotaur. They tend to have a weaker early game but once farmed/fed dominate the field.

AP Carries serve the same purpose but they take out towers by pushing hard and allowing minions to beat the towers up.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }