Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Cupid AP

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Cupid AP 22 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xoatmealx » December 4, 2012 2:38pm | Report
Now with the new flip to AP, do you think Cupid will be used mostly as a support or Mid now?
I've been using him as a support with the AD Carry, grabbing Spear of the Magus first, and leveling his 2 and 3. As well as grabbing Girdle of Might and Heavenly Agility for support.

It works, but do you think the flip will work as well as HiRez has hoped, and do you see Cupid being used as often as before?

xoatmealx

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » December 4, 2012 2:56pm | Report
He will still be played as AD Carry, since late game his abilitys aren't the thing that do damage, the auto attacks do.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 4, 2012 3:35pm | Report
Yeah, his Flutter and Lovestruck all promote auto-attacking. Also, his damage has been buffed and ratios are still the same, so it's kinda just implying you build him physical but since he brings so much utility to a team they make his abilities do magical damage. Bit like Tristana from League of Legends.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » December 4, 2012 4:14pm | Report
I just played a game with a great pre-patch AD Cupid but with the patch he decided to try an AP build. It seemed to work well with Cupid though it forces him into a support role. His damage capabilities were so-so but his heals were off the charts.

He could heal half or more of my 2k+ HP pool with those little hearts and because of that we ended up winning offensive team battles late game due to superior sustain. From that match I see him as a very viable support based character. Plus his ult is monstrous when he builds AP.

I've also seen others running him AD and it seems to work fairly well also. This is viable as it allows Cupid to auto-hit like a truck. Plus, as the others said, his abilities compliment a physical build, especially Flutter.

I'd say he is viable either AD or AP, though his AD build seems a little stronger at the moment in my opinion because his hearts can sometimes be difficult to pick up due to positioning. But HiRez has stated their intention to continue to tweak Cupid to excel at both an AD Carry role and a support role, so we'll see how he turns out later down the line!

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xoatmealx » December 4, 2012 9:48pm | Report
Support Cupid is becoming really fun. It's like playing Lulu. You can do damage if you use a proper build, but you can get ridiculous healing done if you stack magic. Using the heart bomb stun really comes in handy for the AD to get in a few kills, and you can help farm just by shooting a minion once and letting them get the kill shot. You still get to farm, but it's making support a lot more fun, and a bit more like LoL.

xoatmealx

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » December 4, 2012 10:06pm | Report
Hi-rez: "we wont have support gods since no one wants to play them"

creates an other support gods XD

I always feel like these supportish gods have so much sustain and will always outfarm most people.
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » December 5, 2012 12:42am | Report
I would love a god with full support. It might even be too overpowered, because that is the bread and butter of everything where the numbers figure like a rpg.

Silence, stun, mana drain, heal, yahtzee!

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » December 5, 2012 3:30am | Report

Hi-rez: "we wont have support gods since no one wants to play them"

creates an other support gods XD

I always feel like these supportish gods have so much sustain and will always outfarm most people.

I think what they're trying to say is that they don't want to make a PURE support god. You can play Cupid either as AD Carry or AP Support so you're not pigeonholed into support. I think they're right to some extent as well, almost every Cupid I've played against/with was AD.

You're right, supportish gods do excel at farming but I wouldn't go as far to say that they will ALWAYS outfarm people. You just have to find a way to shut them down. It's also a little bit easier to do that now since they can't get Meditation and NEVER run out of mana.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » December 5, 2012 4:14am | Report
when I play with ra I go mid and take meditation + chronos I => never run out of mana

and still even if you shut them down they have it so easy to catch up.
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » December 5, 2012 4:39am | Report

when I play with ra I go mid and take meditation + chronos I => never run out of mana

and still even if you shut them down they have it so easy to catch up.

I don't know about that. I agree that combo gives great mana sustain, mostly because of Chronos Pendant. If you're going with that, Meditation might be overkill if you plan on grabbing any other +MP5 items down the line. That ability spot could be filled with something more useful late game and just get mana pots early game instead.

If you shutdown Hel, she pretty much becomes a free kill later in the game. And if she took your suggested combo she would be rather easy to catch and kill unless she is played incredibly passively. Hel needs a good early game in order to effectively support her team. But she has no escapes and this makes her very susceptible to ganks and actually quite easy to shut down with a little team coordination.

Guan Yu is more difficult to shut down because he has an escape and a usually tanky build, but in return his heal isn't as effective. He is also very mana hungry almost the entire game. AND he cannot farm very well when compared to Hel, so he gets pushed hard when he is alone. I play him a lot, and if I don't manage to have an at least decent early game I usually just become a mere annoyance to the other team that supplies light heals and slows/stuns.

I just don't think it is very easy for support gods to catch up because they aren't really killing machines and they usually can't farm to catch up unless the enemy team turns a blind eye.

Sorry if all that is jumbled, for some reason I'm having a difficult time expressing what I think about this, hah.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }