Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Apollo...we're doing it wrong

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Apollo...we're doing it wrong 19 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ElGrizz » April 16, 2013 7:59am | Report
45 seconds is forever to me, I tested it in the jungle practice area. I did circles around the map for a long dang time. Go ahead and try it :D

Add me to Smite! IGN: ElGrizz

Hit that +Rep, I can tell you want to...

A Fetus?! Mother of God!

ElGrizz

Prominent (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » April 24, 2013 12:01pm | Report
You know, we could call Apollo in the Santa class. Santa goes in, drops presents and goes out. That really is apollo. Really annoying but cheerful
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by riomhaire » April 29, 2013 6:45am | Report
Yay, flying SANTYCLAUS with a HARP and PISTOLS. Exactly the image we want the younger players to have of Santa (and, for that matter, Apollo).
Because you needed some.

riomhaire

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Angelic Joshua » May 23, 2013 7:53pm | Report
ok... uhm... hi :)
i'm kinda new to smite (i'm level 19 and started playing a about 2 weeks ago) but i watched a TON of videos/ranked matches and i also have some previous moba expirience. and i main apollo.

sorry if i'm kinda bumping this tread but it just so happend that i wanted to discuss my new build with more experienced people to see if i'm really doing the right build, you know (finding this topic was kinda ironic).

so with my build i try to see apollo as a "ad mage". it may sound weird, but it' gettin me awesome results.

for start: LVL1 hand of gods (this build is expensive and you'l need as much gold as you possibly can, and getting the blue buff is crucial too for staying in the lane) 5 health potions (could be 3 too, but since you'r going to jungle...) two mana pots (meditation is viable aswell but it's kinda pointless in late game) and finally LVL1 warrior tabi.

after the boots, the first item i finish is Soul eater, simply because it gives what this build lacks: ATK Speed. and the 300 health is a nice bonus too.

next i get Transendence. not much to add here, the MPS and stack effect are self explanatory.

after that i go for Joturn's Wrath. with this amount of mana your mana will hardly go low. and most importantly, you'll get the 25% cooldown, later on this item will allow you to spam So Beautiful and using The Moves to attack and then run away. (also, you'll get bonus damage from the mana thanks to Transendence).

by now you already have good mana and MPS/Lifesteal stay out of base forever (not really) but you'll still lack the atack speed. and you will also need some movement speed so, well, FATALIS FTW!

finally but not least: Hydra's lament, the key item of this build. every apollo player should have this item instead of deathseeker (getting crits with apollo? not very likely...) now every attack you do after a skill is basically a second skill! the best of all, it combos nicely with Serenade: you use it, repostition yourself ahead of your oponent and then shot your mighty shot, as they try to run away, throw a so beautiful and another shot, then the moves a last shot and YOU HAVE SLAIN AN OPONENT! just like that. also, you'll get so much cooldown, that the cooldown of So Beautiful will turn into 5, which is really great for team fights.

by now you have about 300 AD (THIS. IS. OLYMPUUUS!), 1,53 ATK spped, 474 movement speed, 35% cooldown and 2290 hp.

depending on the situation you might trade Joturns for a VoidBlade, which is nice for making him less squishy or against physical tanks.

this is the build i'm using and getting the best results so far. please let me know what you guys think and feel free to criticize it ^^

Angelic Joshua

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Orbmaniac » June 3, 2013 9:20pm | Report

ok... uhm... hi :)
i'm kinda new to smite (i'm level 19 and started playing a about 2 weeks ago) but i watched a TON of videos/ranked matches and i also have some previous moba expirience. and i main apollo.

sorry if i'm kinda bumping this tread but it just so happend that i wanted to discuss my new build with more experienced people to see if i'm really doing the right build, you know (finding this topic was kinda ironic).

so with my build i try to see apollo as a "ad mage". it may sound weird, but it' gettin me awesome results.

for start: LVL1 hand of gods (this build is expensive and you'l need as much gold as you possibly can, and getting the blue buff is crucial too for staying in the lane) 5 health potions (could be 3 too, but since you'r going to jungle...) two mana pots (meditation is viable aswell but it's kinda pointless in late game) and finally LVL1 warrior tabi.

after the boots, the first item i finish is Soul eater, simply because it gives what this build lacks: ATK Speed. and the 300 health is a nice bonus too.

next i get Transendence. not much to add here, the MPS and stack effect are self explanatory.

after that i go for Joturn's Wrath. with this amount of mana your mana will hardly go low. and most importantly, you'll get the 25% cooldown, later on this item will allow you to spam So Beautiful and using The Moves to attack and then run away. (also, you'll get bonus damage from the mana thanks to Transendence).

by now you already have good mana and MPS/Lifesteal stay out of base forever (not really) but you'll still lack the attack speed. and you will also need some movement speed so, well, FATALIS FTW!

finally but not least: Hydra's lament, the key item of this build. every apollo player should have this item instead of deathseeker (getting crits with apollo? not very likely...) now every attack you do after a skill is basically a second skill! the best of all, it combos nicely with Serenade: you use it, repostition yourself ahead of your oponent and then shot your mighty shot, as they try to run away, throw a so beautiful and another shot, then the moves a last shot and YOU HAVE SLAIN AN OPONENT! just like that. also, you'll get so much cooldown, that the cooldown of So Beautiful will turn into 5, which is really great for team fights.

by now you have about 300 AD (THIS. IS. OLYMPUUUS!), 1,53 ATK spped, 474 movement speed, 35% cooldown and 2290 hp.

depending on the situation you might trade Joturns for a VoidBlade, which is nice for making him less squishy or against physical tanks.

this is the build i'm using and getting the best results so far. please let me know what you guys think and feel free to criticize it ^^

Apollo is the stronges AA(auto attack) god atm. building him with these items and as AD Mage?

try go the classic: tabi, gloves, executioner, deathbringer-jotuns/titans (go for jotuns or titans first if lane arent going positive. also just incase you dont know, jotuns work better VS less armored opponents, while titans are better VS highly armored opponents.)

then finish it with a item of choice. i usually go for rage as a personal favorite. this build pretty much work for every game no matter what gods they have.

your build has high substain but low dmg early game. and players at my level will just initiate at you with little risk when you build him like that.

btw, just to be a ****. its called deathbringer, not deathseeker :P, dont mix it with heartseeker <3.
IGN: Orbmaniac
Proud member of Smitefire EU.

Orbmaniac

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » June 3, 2013 10:02pm | Report
Have you seen my build for Apollo, Mr. I-Will-Necro-This-Post? It's very similar to what you mentioned. Look at the **** guide I made to compliment it.

Apollo is obviously not like the other ranged AD's, however he is one of the ones where getting the right build is annoying and difficult at times. He can be built like the other AD's, or he can be built abnormally, which you did.

I agree with you completely, but I don't like the build much at all. I'll explain why.

I find that the best build for Apollo is one that involves passives that buff his auto-attacks and not just increase their damage. Attack speed, attack power, and passives. Transcendence does not help here... just don't do it. He does not have mana problems and doesn't need mana built on him. JUST, NO! Testing and proven a failure.

Hydra's Lament does, sort of... not liking it as much as I used to. The CDR is fantastic, especially considering the CD on his Ult, but ttick to Deathbringer.

Qin's Blades works so well here. So does The Executioner.

I am a fan of Witch Stone with him. He is a Ranged AD that requires you to be close to the enemy because of his abilities, so why not debuff them with your presence?

Don't use Jottun's... please don't.

Devourer's Gloves is my preference as a first item. Sure it doesn't have tha ATK speed of Soul Eater, but the early game power and life-steal with his passive is killer.

Obviously, Warrior Tabi. No exceptions.

Building crit chance is viable, but I don't do it with him. Why? I don't know.

I hope this helps. If not... then go make a build or something and then cry about it. He's Apollo for God's sake, he can be built in a million different ways. Some, obviously, work better than others.

EDIT: DID YOU SAY TO BUILD FATALIS? OH, HELL, NO. NEVER, EVER. HE HAS ENOUGH ATTACK SPEED CURSE YOU!

But seriously... don't do it.

I know what you're going to say, and no... no.

No.

NO GOD DAMMIT!

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Angelic Joshua » June 10, 2013 8:43pm | Report
Orbmaniac wrote:

Apollo is the stronges AA(auto attack) god atm. building him with these items and as AD Mage?

try go the classic: tabi, gloves, executioner, deathbringer-jotuns/titans (go for jotuns or titans first if lane arent going positive. also just incase you dont know, jotuns work better VS less armored opponents, while titans are better VS highly armored opponents.)

then finish it with a item of choice. i usually go for rage as a personal favorite. this build pretty much work for every game no matter what gods they have.

your build has high substain but low dmg early game. and players at my level will just initiate at you with little risk when you build him like that.

btw, just to be a ****. its called deathbringer, not deathseeker :P, dont mix it with heartseeker <3.

yeah... this is a while ago, i have long gave up on this build, hands of gods (for any adc) AND on hydra's lament.

now i still use that Transcendence because he's mana hungry and sometimes i get joturns for the cooldown. but that's just it :/

Angelic Joshua

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Angelic Joshua » June 10, 2013 8:54pm | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

Have you seen my build for Apollo, Mr. I-Will-Necro-This-Post? It's very similar to what you mentioned. Look at the **** guide I made to compliment it.

Apollo is obviously not like the other ranged AD's, however he is one of the ones where getting the right build is annoying and difficult at times. He can be built like the other AD's, or he can be built abnormally, which you did.

I agree with you completely, but I don't like the build much at all. I'll explain why.

I find that the best build for Apollo is one that involves passives that buff his auto-attacks and not just increase their damage. Attack speed, attack power, and passives. Transcendence does not help here... just don't do it. He does not have mana problems and doesn't need mana built on him. JUST, NO! Testing and proven a failure.

Hydra's Lament does, sort of... not liking it as much as I used to. The CDR is fantastic, especially considering the CD on his Ult, but ttick to Deathbringer.

Qin's Blades works so well here. So does The Executioner.

I am a fan of Witch Stone with him. He is a Ranged AD that requires you to be close to the enemy because of his abilities, so why not debuff them with your presence?

Don't use Jottun's... please don't.

Devourer's Gloves is my preference as a first item. Sure it doesn't have tha ATK speed of Soul Eater, but the early game power and life-steal with his passive is killer.

Obviously, Warrior Tabi. No exceptions.

Building crit chance is viable, but I don't do it with him. Why? I don't know.

I hope this helps. If not... then go make a build or something and then cry about it. He's Apollo for God's sake, he can be built in a million different ways. Some, obviously, work better than others.

EDIT: DID YOU SAY TO BUILD FATALIS? OH, HELL, NO. NEVER, EVER. HE HAS ENOUGH ATTACK SPEED CURSE YOU!

But seriously... don't do it.

I know what you're going to say, and no... no.

No.

NO GOD DAMMIT!

oh thanks for replying. like, that was just a theory build anyway Xp. i'll follow your tips and see for my self if it works for me ^^

Angelic Joshua

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GlumReaper » June 14, 2013 4:16am | Report
@ Joshua:

I completely agree that Apollo is definitely a more objectives-based carry than a real carry. With his long dash, his mesmerize, and his global ultimate, he's completely designed for split-pushing, and that's what he should do. His ASP lays waste to towers. Pressure a lane, and if you get caught out just mesmerize/dash away. If they have a gap closer (e.g., Fenrir's leap) then throw in an ultimate just to be safe.

If you chose Apollo with the idea of putting out a lot of damage on other Gods during teamfights, well, why didn't you pick Artemis? They are similar in theory but very different in practice. In terms of teamfight utility, Apollo has an ASP steroid, and... that's about it. On the other hand, Artemis has (A) insane crits, (B) a similar ASP steroid, (C) kiting potential, (D) a very strong stun, and (E) CC-immunity. Her utility is simply much stronger than Apollo's, so if you do play him, make sure you use him to his max potential and pressure the hell out of the map.

GlumReaper

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }