Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Can't see my Warrior Guide.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Can't see my Warrior Guide. 17 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » January 18, 2016 4:29pm | Report
All right, just got word from the devs that they located and fixed an issue which was directly related to this happening, could you guys check whether the text in your guides is loading - and of course whether you can edit your guides - once again?

If it's not loading / still looks broken, please make sure NOT to try and save your guides, report back to us first. Thank you :)

Thanks to Janitsu for the signature!

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » January 18, 2016 5:07pm | Report
Yep, everything is in working order now. Thanks to those who fixed this problem. Now I don't have to retire early.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xXxDestroctor69 » January 19, 2016 10:08pm | Report
So I am having a similar issues with my guide. The descriptions are and info that I wrote is all missing and when I try to edit the guide it comes up with an error saying it cant find it.

xXxDestroctor69

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » January 19, 2016 11:46pm | Report
Is it your fear the allfather guide? I can see all the info and such on it so maybe the issue is still persisting for just the guidemakers. Try to clear your cache/cookies or refreshing the page a ton of times since you might not have gotten the bug fix to the site if you're still on a cached version.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » January 22, 2016 9:09am | Report
@Destroctor - are you still having this issue? I just edited your guide and it seems to be working normally.

I also want to take this moment to tell everybody I know it's super scary when your guide content appears to randomly disappear, and we're sorry for that. If for some reason this happens again, or something similar, I would strongly advise you not to save / publish your guide if stuff seems to be missing. It's much easier for us to retrieve guides that have been somehow corrupted etc if it's the latest revision of the guide.

This wasn't really the case here, but I wanted to mention it because something similar happened to someone on MF and they updated their guide afterwards and it's making it very hard to help them.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xXxDestroctor69 » February 12, 2016 7:10am | Report
@Mowen

@Zilby

The guide fixed itself after 24 hours. I originally could not see the information that I had written but then the next day it was all there. I'm not sure if there was simply a time delay, the information takes a little longer to come out, or if you need to wait a certain amount of time after publishing guides before you can edit them. Thanks for the help though guys!

xXxDestroctor69

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » February 12, 2016 1:53pm | Report
Normally, you should be able to see changes to your guide immediately, and continue to edit right after publishing if you need to do so.

For months I wasn't able to publish my Assault guide myself...I would click publish and it would never confirm, and wouldn't pop up in the guide list as being updated. I knew that it was working on other guides because I was creating, updating, etc. just fine. Every time I wanted it published, I'd have to ask Mowen/Wayne to do so on my behalf as moderators.

All of a sudden, I can publish it again. Not sure what changed, though I did get rid of most of the snazzy gif divider lines.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }