Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Can't publish guide revision

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Can't publish guide revision 40 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 9, 2015 12:56pm | Report
Hi moderators,

Having a problem publishing an update to my guide: https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/the-overarching-assault-guide-6000

Ever since I expanded my Warrior section, things are going much more slowly...think it might be too big? I did a character counter for that section...reads 48,771.

I click publish, and it just doesn't do anything...

Help is appreciated!

~Brandon
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » September 9, 2015 4:01pm | Report
Sometimes for my item building guide it can take a couple of minutes after publishing it for the pop up to appear, I'd just try waiting for it and leaving it for a while and see if it eventually pops up
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 9, 2015 4:40pm | Report
Hi Zilby, thanks for the quick response as always.

Unfortunately, I used to wait a couple of minutes for it to confirm, but I've tried multiple times (home and away, Internet Explorer and Chrome) and it never confirms.

I tried to trim just a bit of fat to help it along, but that still didn't help. Currently at 45,918 characters. But that's just one section.

Intro: 11,464
References: 5,944
Overview: 5,794
Actives: 10,189
Assassin: 37,339
Guardian: 28,275
Hunter: 17,746
Mage: 33,709
Warrior: 45,918
Tips: 27,043
Random: 1,866
Conclusion: 955

Total: 226,242

Maybe too much? Maybe overloading the system? I dunno...but it sucks...what do you think?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » September 9, 2015 7:23pm | Report
Currently after counting my Item building guide has 203,097 characters and publishing it, saving it and even just loading it is a huge pain at this point. Albeit, mine does have more references to the smite database than yours for images and bbcode and such so that may explain the longer loading times. However, it's taken up to ~6 minutes to publish before, so adding another 1/10th the size of mine could definitely be overloading the servers for you at this point.

Maybe just split it up into two guides? It would reduce the strain and load times. Idk how else to help you though seeing as I'm not a mod :/

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 9, 2015 7:42pm | Report
Well, Zilby my friend, you SHOULD be a mod =)

Yeah, I've let it go, I don't know...30 minutes...and nothing. Will keep trying.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » September 9, 2015 8:07pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Well, Zilby my friend, you SHOULD be a mod =)

Yeah, I've let it go, I don't know...30 minutes...and nothing. Will keep trying.

I know mate, I know ;]

And damn yeah that does not sound good. Still, it would be kind of impressive to have made a guide on smitefire so big that it had to be divided into two parts XD

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 10, 2015 12:01am | Report
This guide is seriously a labor of love for me. I know most people don't even care about Assault, but damn if I love it. I love updating the guide with something new I've thought of, or if I make a significant change that I think is superior.

Gotta figure out what to do about this...

Are there any moderators out there that know exactly what's happening, and how to fix it without me having to reduce size/info?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » September 10, 2015 10:25am | Report
The guide appears to be published for me, but could you give me an example of what you added to your warrior section, so I'd know if it's actually updated.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » September 10, 2015 12:31pm | Report
Sorry for the late response Branmuffin, we have run into an issue like this on another site where someone hit a character limit and the guide wouldn't publish. I'll look into it to see if 1. that is actually the problem 2. what we can do so you can have your guide all in one place. :)

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 10, 2015 1:26pm | Report
Hi LevasK: You can tell by the update history at the top of the page. I always put the general date and notes on what has changed. Most recent date, if it published correctly, would be 9/9...but I don't think that's the case. It's probably the previous August date.

Hi Mowen: No problem, I appreciate you looking into it. I'm also doing what I can to reduce size. I'm taking out things that aren't absolutely necessary. I'm in full revision mode right now. I thought maybe the Warrior chapter, as the largest of them, might have been the biggest issue, so I've split that off into 2 chapters...the 2nd is just for Guan Yu by himself. That didn't work, though...but I think I'll keep Guan Yu in his own section anyway.

My general cleanup might reduce total size by maybe 5% or so. Are other things possibly affecting it? Like, my embedded YouTube gameplay videos? The pictures I'm linking from DeviantArt?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }