Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Worgen of Pyrewood Round 2?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Worgen of Pyrewood Round 2? 40 posts - page 3 of 4

Poll Question:

Do you want to see another round of Worgen of Pyrewood happen?
Yes!
No!
I would like to see another round happen, but only as a observer.
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » April 16, 2014 6:59pm | Report
Kyomaku wrote:

Being a couple is no benefit.. hope thats clear enough for you. Its a risk and you have to argue with the other players in a defensive manner to keep yourself and your mate alive, thats the role, nothing more. The worgen-human couple is a absolute bad luck card to draw, just saying. Its rare and the hardest set-up to win with.

okay well now that it's clear it's not supposed to be a benefit that makes it a little better.
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kyomaku » April 16, 2014 7:10pm | Report
Well, any role has their own job. The warlocks job as an example is to die. He is a role that should not stay alife and should be killed by the worgen asap. (ofc, if you get the warlock role, you dont wanna die, which equals losing, but its the best for the villager-team)

The hunter is to stay alife until later in the game and then to die against the worgen as well to be able to use his skill and take another worgen.

The alchemist is to stay alife and protect the couple AND/OR the clairvoyant. The couple is basically one of the weakspots of the villager team, but still they are 2 necessary votes against the worgen, so letting them die is a bad idea. (btw priest replaced alchemist, but round 2 will have the alchemist instead of the priest again)

Clairvoyant is one of the more difficult roles, as you have to be very manipulative without making yourself a target.

The couples job is simply (and that IS all) to stay alive.

So in theory, the warlock should act like the alchemist and or clairvoyant or couple, to be killed instantly by worgen, then the hunter should after a few rounds also copy that behaviour and act like the clairvoyant once he has a veryyy good idea of who a worgen is, which is also where the manipulative hints from the clairvoyant can be helpful.

Kyomaku

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » April 16, 2014 7:32pm | Report
I'd love to play in the next round and any rounds afterwards, but I won't be able to join this one :/ I tend to overindulge myself in Mafia and its variations and I can't afford to do so with finals so close. Looking to another flawless next time (DJew dies first).

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » April 16, 2014 7:37pm | Report
hey did you guys see the recap I posted in the blog section of the first round?

also @ TormentedTurnip I understand how that goes school first then Mafia
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » April 16, 2014 7:47pm | Report
Haha, loved your recap is was very entertaining. Only two weeks left in the semester, so rest assured you'll die to my Worgen self in round three. ;)

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » April 16, 2014 7:53pm | Report

Haha, loved your recap is was very entertaining. Only two weeks left in the semester, so rest assured you'll die to my Worgen self in round three. ;)

assuming you get to be a Worgen again :P
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » April 16, 2014 8:58pm | Report
Here are my views on the classes I don't quite understand:

Warlock - Just...what is this? Why is your goal to die to turn one into a worgen? I see no logic, unless you're affiliate with the worgen. The purpose of the game is to get rid of the worgen, not spawn more! I am very confused on why this is even a class.

Hunter - When I hear the word hunter I visualize a predator amongst prey, an assassin, a stalker in the night. This hunter is none of these things, and it really bothers me. Other than the fact that those who sign up are pretty inactive, it's hard to say this is a liable class...until a decision that has a 1/4th of a chance of happening. Please find a way to buff this. Make a hunter an actual hunter.

The couple - This should not even be a thing. It drags you down. It is not to help you. Your odds of winning are one in a million. You have no secret affiliation. WHY. DO. YOU. EXIST. Seriously, remove this or grant them special privileges. It's just dead weight.

Ways I think to improve this:

Warlock - Not sure. Maybe make it able to make one person into a worgen and steal their class if they have one? Then when/if that worgen dies, you get to make another villager into a worgen, and steal their class if they have one. You are a double agent. You have no sides. Your objective is to win. When the warlock dies, the classes are given to new people if he gained them and the worgen you made dies. He is not allowed to vote for the worgen that he created, as that would be a violation.

Hunter - Maybe he's able to kill someone in the day time? If he suspects someone is a worgen, he kills them in broad daylight and gets away with it. If he kills a villager, he loses his privilege and becomes a normal villager, still keeping the kill someone if you die aspect.

Couple - All they need is secrect affiliation or removal. Seriously, I can't stress enough how much dead weight this is. It is not at all overpowered, due to the fact that they'll never really know if they are worgen unless a clairvoyant is a couple all the time. EVEN THEN it's still a long shot at winning, but at least they have more of a chance.

A class I think can be implemented:

Priest - He is a holy man. He is able to guess and splash holy water on a worgen before dying, turning them into a villager. Also, he can not be killed by villagers, for it is a sin to burn down a place of worship.

This can work out as follows - Say the villagers think the Priest is a worgen. Upon night fall when they realize he sleeps in the church, they walk away, and the vote is wasted. The following night, the worgen can kill the priest OR the alchemist can save the priest if he has his potion available. So really, killing off the priest by villager contact only delays his death, which can give him a day to figure out the real worgen.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » April 16, 2014 9:26pm | Report
I think that the point behind the Warlock is to be more careful as to who you are voting for during the day phase, also the Warlock should be sided with the villagers if I was a warlock put to death by the villagers I would try my hardest to pick someone who I already think is a worgen and cast my magic on them thus not making the game anymore difficult for the village. Because it was never stated that the warlock would know who was and wasn't already a worgen thus if he picked someone who already was no harm done, or he could totally spite the village and pick someone. However the wanting to die right away part, why? Also in our last round the Warlock and the hunter made it all the way to the end of the game and never got to use their powers/class abilities which is technically a good thing.

I don't think the hunter needs to be changed at all, it's simple you die and you get to take someone down with you it's that easy. Maybe a name change could be used here to something more fitting since he's not hunting he just takes someone with he dies

Also no one commenting on my samurai idea, I think it sounds like a fun class. With also optional powers, you chose wrong and you die, or you could chose not to use them until you know for sure.
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shaddofokkusu » April 16, 2014 11:00pm | Report
Well since I can post more now that I'm not as busy I'd like to be a part of round two!

Shaddofokkusu

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » April 17, 2014 3:01am | Report
Maybe rename the Hunter to the Soldier? Since he doesn't actually hunt, but he's a tough bastard?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }