Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Worgen of Pyrewood Round 2?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Worgen of Pyrewood Round 2? 40 posts - page 4 of 4

Poll Question:

Do you want to see another round of Worgen of Pyrewood happen?
Yes!
No!
I would like to see another round happen, but only as a observer.
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kyomaku » April 17, 2014 11:05am | Report
You missunderstand. I'm a strategican, I did not state how you would play the warlock or hunter, but how it would be best to play them if you play FOR the TEAM. If the warlock is voted to death, he turns a "normal" villager into a worgen. (I will reveal the normal villagers to him for that matter, so you are wrong about the chose worgen part) But if a worgen slays him, nothing happens, so this ensures, there will be no 4th worgen, which is why the Warlock has to die by worgens quickly before he gets voted to death by accident. You follow my logic?

Again Aphnex, you missunderstand the concept of the couple but I'm tired of rewriting my old post, read it again or ask me on skype.

The hunter is just fine, too and why the name is proper > no normal hunter would blindly hunt for worgens at day/night without knowing who or where they are, hence his fighting abilities first come to use when he is attacked by worgen (or villagers).

The priest role you explained doesn't work, think twice and you get why. Its way too overpowerd.

Kyomaku

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » April 17, 2014 1:55pm | Report
My previous post still stands. The warlock is useless. The couple is useless. It's bad enough that the worgen are manipulative *******s that can hide among us, but we, the villagers, actually have classes that make it easier for them: by either eliminating two-for-one or gaining another worgen. How is that strategic? How can we use any of these classes to our advantage? Oh wait, WE CAN'T. You said it yourself that the couple is a bad-luck card to draw. If that's so, why is it a thing? Don't the villagers have enough disadvantages?

As for the priest I guess you're right. Perhaps turning a worgen into a villager is just a little too easy.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » April 17, 2014 2:11pm | Report
and with the warlock, he is only bad if he killed by the villagers, so I don't really see a lot wrong with that, because it is already a bad move to kill a innocent anyway, however I do think he should have a blind pick for his curse.

but other then that I see nothing wrong with the Warlock.

couples should be tweaked or removed altogether

Edit
also it should be noted that it is rare for any mafia round to have every worgen survive like last time so we just need to play this next game smarter, I think the classes for the most part are fine
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kyomaku » April 17, 2014 4:47pm | Report
The couple adds interesting situations..

The warlock is not useless, he adds "fear" to accidently vote him to death, so you have to be careful. Without the warlock, there is no "worest" case, only bad cases. Its the same with worgens killing villagers, if they get a warlock, its bad luck, if they get the couple/priest/clairvoyant, its good luck.

Btw why its fair. 3 Worgen vs 12+ villagers.

Kyomaku

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » April 17, 2014 5:08pm | Report
And any of the 15 suspects can be the worgen...

I think I understand the warlock, but, again, my statement of the couple still stands. A major bad-luck card just for (possibly rare) 'interesting situations'. It just doesn't click.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kyomaku » April 17, 2014 6:26pm | Report
The advantage of the couple is that you have an ally from the start and if you use that smart, you can "manipulate" as a team.

Kyomaku

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » April 17, 2014 9:23pm | Report
I think the couple can be a bad draw, but after looking into it more and thinking about it I don't see it as that big of a deal also the villagers are ready have a huge number advantage on the worgens so it really doesn't hurt

Also to see a couple make it all the way to the end and win would be really cool. Also assuming one was a villager and one was worgen that would be even cooler to see win because the only way that combo could win would to be the last two standing meaning they would have to kill and deceive everyone. Just because that not only takes luck but serious skill

are we ready to start taking sign ups yet?

also the whole point of the villager-couple/warlock is to just keep people from a banned wagon play-style a bad vote could really set back the game for the villagers.
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SpreadTheMadness » April 18, 2014 1:46am | Report
I wouldn't mind participating in this round should it happen.

SpreadTheMadness

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shaddofokkusu » April 19, 2014 8:04pm | Report
yeah when will the sign ups be posted?

Shaddofokkusu

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kyomaku » April 19, 2014 9:51pm | Report
I'll do today or tomorrow. :)

Kyomaku

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }