Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What are you ashamed of your country?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » What are you ashamed of your country? 53 posts - page 2 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » May 17, 2014 7:50am | Report
Gonna speak of my native country here, not USA

First of all, our presidents make so many false campaign promises, I literally can't believe and understand why people complain about Obama.

The freaking POLICE is shooting innocent people everywhere, and the ironic thing is that they apparently don't go after the criminals since crime rates are skyrocketing right now.

Finally, it is known for it's beautiful beaches, but the irony never stops because it's polluted as **** especially in the major cities.

But, I see hope as many teenagers are reforming and are striving towards change, good change hopefully
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » May 17, 2014 12:11pm | Report
Hm, I wouldn't really use the word "ashamed" because, while I'm glad I was born where I was, I don't really think of myself as part of it. When it comes down to it, the average person just wants to lead a happy life, no matter which region of the Earth they live in. Barring cultural differences and customs, I'm no different than someone from across the Atlantic. So I see myself as a member of this world rather than simply a citizen of the USA. Thus, I think a better term would be "disgusted."

I'm disgusted in the wasteful expenditures and lazy attitudes of the ones who run the government here. And subsidies on failing companies that should fail because of how they're run is ridiculous. Blergh.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » May 18, 2014 12:34am | Report
I'm absolutely disgusted by how the entire planet can still have bigotry in even small forms. I'm disgusted by animal abuse (hi china), and I'm disgusted that the sub-human trash who abuse the lack of animal protection laws can just get away with it. I'm disgusted at how small businesses are constantly shut down because they simply can't keep up with the employee-abusing companies such as Wal-Mart.
But I'm really impressed with a lot too. We've come a long way from fifty years ago, when owning slaves in America was a thing.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » May 18, 2014 1:45am | Report
It pisses me off to no end that religion affects our law. Especially the fact that gay marriage isn't legalized because, or mostly due to it. Also, the Westboro Baptist Chruch. Dear ****ing I hope something horrible happens to them.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » May 18, 2014 2:53am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

Ye from 'Straya are ya?
I am too! Not really, I just live here. (Born in America)

Why I'm pissed off at Australia:
-Tony Abbot
-Kevin Rudd
-Liberal Party (So much irony in the name)
-How Australia is so condescending of other nations, and when they finally do something big they wave their arms around saying look at us.
-How the Liberal Party is showing off how big their new once off 20 billion dollar research grant is. News flash: Every year over 30 billion is given out in America)
-Un-acceptance of Asylum Seekers, since Australia has signed the UN human rights charter, yet refuse to honour it (every human has a right to seek asylum)
-And the fact I can't get a decent connection while playing smite

Why I'm pissed off at America:
-Tea Party
-Republicans
-The fact that Westboro Baptist Church are a bunch a fascist pigs.
-New York Yankees. A-rod especially. :)
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » May 18, 2014 5:04am | Report

Gypsies that go to other countries as beggars and thieves, shaming Romanians as a nation. These people are NOT Romanians, they are country-less people and everybody is mixing them for Romanian people.

Romanian roads, good luck driving a sports car around here...

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 18, 2014 5:21am | Report
Romanians wrote:

Gypsies that go to other countries as beggars and thieves, shaming Romanians as a nation. These people are NOT Romanians, they are country-less people and everybody is mixing them for Romanian people.

Romanian roads, good luck driving a sports car around here...

Sorry, but that does sound kinda racist

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » May 18, 2014 5:40am | Report

Sorry, but that does sound kinda racist

And it is...

If you would live here, seeing these people begging and stealing for a living instead of getting real jobs like everyone else does, you wouldn't judge me for being racist.

If you would be denied to a couple of jobs in the U.K. - because you are Romanian - because these people ruined what was left of Romania's image worldwide (and especially in the U.K. and France), you would not judge me.

I can't be kind or fair to these leeches, sorry.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » May 18, 2014 6:50am | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

It Especially the fact that gay marriage isn't legalized because

That is one thing that I am really proud of about Sweden: Its one of the few countries where same sex marriage is legal.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 18, 2014 7:26am | Report

That is one thing that I am really proud of about Sweden: Its one of the few countries where same sex marriage is legal.

The Netherlands was first so we are better! :D

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }