Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Forum Game: Objection!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Forum Game: Objection! 78 posts - page 6 of 8
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » August 31, 2014 1:49am | Report
Aphnex wrote:

---Witness Testimony: Within the Darkness---

Around 12 am, a few minutes after midnight, we been gettin calls by 'em folks livin' up there around Global Studios ahearin multiple gunshots. My boys and I rode like the wind and started searching the area. Eventually, after spreading out, I used my search warrant and went into the Walter Warehouse with a partner for back-up...where we found that dirt black basement. The basement was still smokin' hot so I reckon I had to wait a while till the rooster settled down and all the smoke cleared. I told my partner to wait up and watch our backs, in case the man with the gun was still around.

So I went in first. The area was burnt to the crisp, but with a few spots like the side shelves in tact...like a good ol' barbecue with one of the patties missin'. The shelves had a few��� empty wet plastic containers, and some kind of dandy machine gun on the floor next to it.��� Next to the drainage hole was a half broken barrel. My guess is the culprit was dumping something down there before all this ruckus.

I entered the side-door where there the lab's security camera control panel was. Now ya'll know im terrible at these kind of computer things, so it took me a while to browse through that baby. After a few minutes, I figured out the controls and found one photo taken 1 minute before midnight.��� You guessed it. It was that sad hippie over there in the defendant chair. Then, I called the cattle in to take care of the evidence and left. And that about sums it up, partner.

HOLD IT!

The witness stated that the photo was taken a minute before midnight. So obviously, the gunshots must have been heard before 12am. Why, then, did the call starts flowing in after a few minutes? What happened between this time window?

That, in itself, didn't answer when the fire started. If the fire started before midnight, they would have called the police or the fire department first. And a warehouse doesn't burn in a matter of seconds. SOMEONE must have seen a fire that engulfs a warehouse and reported it.

TL;DR, these are the points that the defense feels the need of a clarification :

- When did the fire start?
- What was the cause of the fire?
- Did anyone actually report about the warehouse fire? If there is, who was it? If there are none, why was there none?
- Why was there a time window between the gunshot and the calls?

Does the witness or the prosecution has anything to say about this?

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 31, 2014 1:58am | Report
OOC

nice input of music Aphnex.

and didn't both of use use the text

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 31, 2014 2:33pm | Report
FerrumSlash wrote:

TL;DR, these are the points that the defense feels the need of a clarification :

- When did the fire start?
- What was the cause of the fire?
- Did anyone actually report about the warehouse fire? If there is, who was it? If there are none, why was there none?
- Why was there a time window between the gunshot and the calls?

Does the witness or the prosecution has anything to say about this?

Godot: You can't see the fire of a roaster when you open a bag of coffee, Miss Skye.

Skye: ...

Godot: The fire started and ended underground, in a basement. No one must have heard it, unless people have evolved the ability to hear through twenty feet of solid concrete. The when and where doesn't matter - the fires were still smoldering when our Detective arrived at the scene. Clearly, the fire could only have been started recently - and the only person there before the police arrived was the man in the photo.

*sips coffee* Evidence is everything in court. You aren't going to go anywhere with this line of questioning, sweetheart, as long as the evidence shows Gumshoe at the scene of the crime.

As for the window of time, people don't call the police immediately, especially at that hour. Most of them were in their beds or occupied. Accounting for the time it would take to reach a phone and call, a gap of a few minutes is perfectly reasonable.

But I do have a few questions. Detective, did you happen to look inside the drainage hole? And when exactly did you arrive at the scene?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by InfinityPvP » August 31, 2014 4:07pm | Report
My client is being a accused of murder and kidnapping. There is no evidence that points that young Janice was kidnapped on the day of the fire. The evidence shows Mr. Gumshoe shooting a M1 Thompson sub-machine gun. That is just one photo. Where is the rest of the video from the camera? How do we know that Gumshoe could actually trying to save Janice by shooting her kidnappers or trying to kill Janice? We don't, their are not enough evidence.
Now let's get into the fingerprint on the gun. So you find this gun with my client's fingerprint. How do we know that it wasn't just placed there by a rival of Gumshoe. Or maybe my client was fighting the kidnappers and they knocked the gun out of his hand. After that, my client probably forgot that his gun was missing.
Now the fire was probably started by the real criminal and my client was framed for this crime. The barrel was founded near the entrance of the warehouse. It is highly improbable that my client could have placed that barrel there and lit it without burning himself.
Your move Godot
IGN: FieryTempest
Favorite Gods: Geb Sun Wukong
Favorite Role: Support and Solo
My Anime List

InfinityPvP

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » August 31, 2014 5:16pm | Report

Now that you mention it Robo Eyes, the drainage was some sort of fuel mixture. I reckon it could've been the source of the fire or something to do with the empty plastic containers.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HammaSmite » August 31, 2014 6:25pm | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

Oh, sorry :3

No problem. Can I have Edgeworth back now? :/
random thanatos main has appeared
    Attack
    Kill Secure
    Run
    Catch

HammaSmite

Remarkable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HammaSmite » August 31, 2014 6:30pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Godot: You can't see the fire of a roaster when you open a bag of coffee, Miss Skye.

Skye: ...

Godot: The fire started and ended underground, in a basement. No one must have heard it, unless people have evolved the ability to hear through twenty feet of solid concrete. The when and where doesn't matter - the fires were still smoldering when our Detective arrived at the scene. Clearly, the fire could only have been started recently - and the only person there before the police arrived was the man in the photo.

*sips coffee* Evidence is everything in court. You aren't going to go anywhere with this line of questioning, sweetheart, as long as the evidence shows Gumshoe at the scene of the crime.

As for the window of time, people don't call the police immediately, especially at that hour. Most of them were in their beds or occupied. Accounting for the time it would take to reach a phone and call, a gap of a few minutes is perfectly reasonable.

But I do have a few questions. Detective, did you happen to look inside the drainage hole? And when exactly did you arrive at the scene?
    Attack
    Kill Secure
    Run
    Catch

HammaSmite

Remarkable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HammaSmite » August 31, 2014 6:31pm | Report
....why the **** doesn't it show my message underneath?
    Attack
    Kill Secure
    Run
    Catch

HammaSmite

Remarkable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 31, 2014 10:16pm | Report
HammaSmite wrote:

No problem. Can I have Edgeworth back now? :/

Sure, too complicated for me lol.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HammaSmite » August 31, 2014 11:41pm | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

Sure, too complicated for me lol.

Yay xD
    Attack
    Kill Secure
    Run
    Catch

HammaSmite

Remarkable (7)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }