Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

E3 2019 - Platforms

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » E3 2019 - Platforms 6 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Are you interested/planning to use any of these?
PS5
New XBox (Project Scarlett)
XBox Game Pass (PC)
Google Stadia
I'll stick to my current setup for now (e.g. Switch, PC/Steam)
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 10, 2019 12:11pm | Report
So besides games, this year's E3 is really opening things up to the world of streaming games. Although we'll see new consoles by 2020 from both Microsoft and Sony, we should see continued good use of the Nintendo Switch and PC, and new ways to play the games we want.

To that end, the newest, most interesting things to me are going to be the PC access to XBox games via Game Pass (monthly subscription, play all games they make available, which look to be pretty substantial. In that list, the ones that look most appealing in general include Gears 5, Halo Infinite, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Psychonauts 2, and The Outer Worlds. Substantial releases. On PC, you'll be able to download the games, so you don't have to worry about streaming/quality.

Google Stadia, on the other hand, is offering a full streaming service. All you'll need is a phone (e.g. Pixel 3), PC/Mac, or Chromecast Ultra, and a good internet connection (suggested up to 35 Mbps for 4k 60 FPS). No need to buy high-end components; Google will handle the processing power. The games list is expected to expand over time, but for now, you can check out this list. As an FYI, I tested the platform a few months ago with Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and overall it worked very well, with very little noticeable lag. I just don't know how well it'll hold up if a lot of people sign up.

Anyway, how do you think you'll be gaming in the next year or two?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » June 10, 2019 12:20pm | Report
I've said this before, but I probably have enough unplayed games on PC and PS4 to last for the next 5 years :P It also hasn't been that long since I bought my PS4 (November last year), so it still feels new to me.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » June 10, 2019 12:32pm | Report
I intend to buy the new Xbox but only in 2021 because in 2020 the console is expensive and has few game options. I'll probably buy it like in the middle of the 2021 just like I did with my Xbox One, also I don't intend to change my console to a PS5 or PC, I liked what Microsoft offered this gen.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vini_sds » June 10, 2019 12:46pm | Report
I think this idea of streaming games will die quickly. Why? Because outside a few select countries, internet conection is very slow and VERY inconsistent. I don't know why they're investing on this, honestly.

I don't have plans to abandon my PS4 yet, especially because all the big games of 2020 are still going to be released for it. But when I buy my next-gen console, it's going to be the PS5.

Vini_sds
<Gladiator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » June 10, 2019 2:02pm | Report
Streamed games aren't getting any of my money that's for sure.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » June 10, 2019 3:19pm | Report
I picked PS5 but I'm also looking at the next Xbox. I wanna see what kinda games will be coming on them but until then, I'm more leaning towards PS5 since I'll still have my PS4 library to fall back on.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }