Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Demigod Quest

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Demigod Quest 181 posts - page 12 of 19
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 13, 2015 12:38am | Report
Less than a day, you were on the road.

In a manner of speaking.

You followed Ares' - you still had trouble thinking of him as your father - instructions and headed north.

While walking, you discover that your clothes had changed, as well. Your rags weren't rags anymore, even if it was practically a sackcloth tunic. You had a belt with a wooden scabbard and a leather purse, which fit your key and sword perfectly. With some hesitation, you put your shackles in the purse, as well. Could come in handy.

The trees thin as you walk, as gnarled olive trees and aged oaks replace the cypress. You pluck a few sun-baked olives off of the branches, but you quickly spit them back out, wincing at their acrid bitterness.

The forest slowly shifts into a plain, still dotted by trees, until you see a wooden structure in the distance.

As you get closer, you can see it is a fence, rather primitive and reaching up to your waist. Beyond it is a patch of green-skinned melons, roughly the size of your fists together, clinging onto stumpy vines. A simple dirt road follows the line of the fence, toward presumably civilization.

You stomach grumbles.

Eh, it was just one melon. You climb over the fence, being careful not to rip your mended clothes, and pick up the closest melon in reach. You smash it on the fence, breaking it.

The flesh is pale green and barely sweet, clearly unripe, but it tastes delicious all the same.

You spit out a few seeds as you continue walking, taking occasional bites of the melon. As you move forward, you see clear signs of a tended farm - lines of tilled soil and recently-harvested olive trees.

You felt cheerful:

[x] You keep walking.
[x] You begin to whistle a random melody.
[x] You pick up another melon.

The ground rumbles.

[x] Swear.
[x] Draw your sword.
[x] Go back over the fence onto the path.
[x] Sigh.

These are more about establishing your character. They're not gigantic points, but these little bits are just there for characterization's sake. They also help me to decide how Drom will act outside of your direct control, so take it as you will.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wolfman5665 » June 13, 2015 12:51am | Report

[x] Swear <---- the right choice in every situation.

Wolfman5665

Remarkable (6)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » June 13, 2015 7:40am | Report
[x]You pick up another melon

[x]Go back over the fence onto the path
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » June 13, 2015 10:23am | Report

[x] Sight ( What I would do XD )

( I hope I can respond to this even tho it's my first "submission" to this thread xq )

EDIT : About Drom, he should start acting a little bit more like he's father after every battle, but still staying on he's confort zone. I know it's kind of weird but I think that would be more realistic.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wolfman5665 » June 13, 2015 12:13pm | Report
dude u guys r bad the answer is obviously swear... duh.

Wolfman5665

Remarkable (6)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by supersword23 » June 14, 2015 6:19am | Report

[x] Draw your sword.

supersword23

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 15, 2015 11:55pm | Report
Late update tonight. Aside from the weekend, I'm currently having a ridiculously painful headache right now, so I apologize in advance if the writing is not up to par.

On another note: This is a hybrid of Riot style voting, where I try to take as much noncontradictory votes into account - in this case, the secondary vote had a four-way tie, so I just went with all of them.

[x] Pick up another melon.

[x] Draw your sword.
[x] Swear.
[x] Sigh.
[x] Go back over the fence onto the path.

Would it be too much to ask to not be engaged in a life-and-death struggle for more than ten hours? Seriously?

You sigh, cupping the other melon under your arm as you scramble back over the fence. The rumbling sound seems to follow you, and as you are halfway between pulling your sword out of its sheath when you are knocked back as something erupts out of the earth under your feet.

You barely register the sound of the sword hitting the ground, some distance away. That's because between you and the sword is what looks like an obscenely huge centipede, bright red and black in coloration, its mandibles large enough to wrap around your waist. It rears up, reaching well over your head, clicking its pincers menacingly, and it screams.

Now, you think, would be a very good time to swear.

[x] Stay completely still and silent.
[x] Try to distract it with the melon.
[x] Run toward the sword.
[x] Run toward cover.
[x] Write-in...

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by supersword23 » June 16, 2015 3:01am | Report
I'm the most determined to fight as much as I can, so...

[x] Run toward the sword.

After all, I'm still...

the *******...

son...

of...

Ares

supersword23

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » June 16, 2015 10:15am | Report
[x] Run towards the sword.

Although I think "it" could be in pain, I won't take chances.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 16, 2015 11:21am | Report
Just an FYI, screaming insects do exist.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }