Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dawngate will shut down in 90 days

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>
Forum
Forum » Off Topic » Dawngate will shut down in 90 days 92 posts - page 4 of 10
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 4, 2014 3:13pm | Report
At least they have the courtesy to refund us if necessary...
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » November 4, 2014 3:48pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

In comparison to Smite, which hogs money like a miser, spending a minimum of money on the playerbase and more into money sinks.

First off. Wow.. I didn't expect this. Athought EA.. I guess that's all that shoud be said about that. Dawngate was great. Most of all, I cringe when I think about all the programmers/artists have done. And just washed down the drain. This should not be forgiven.

Oh. And the reason I quoted Sub. Currently ALL the money from the new skins are going into a tournament for the community.. That's pretty impressive if you ask me. They could just pocket it all.. So theres that.

1.3 MIL Atm. Jesus.

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » November 4, 2014 3:59pm | Report
It's highly possible EA will sell it. And try to get there money back from the production, know how greedy they are. Heres to hoping.

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » November 4, 2014 4:22pm | Report
Chiming in here, saw this today and was really, really sad. I played Dawngate some with my friends and quite enjoyed it. I also kept up with Dawngate Chronicles which I also really enjoyed.

Things I liked about Dawngate:

- Good variety of character designs
- Lots of effort into character personality and background
- Living lore / webcomic, wow, just so awesome to watch stuff unfold
- Game mechanics / functionality was solid, though personally since I didn't play that much I focused on the characters more than the actual gameplay / balancing

I would also love to see Dawngate picked up by a kickstarter or another company but I'm not getting my hopes up. :(

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » November 4, 2014 4:50pm | Report
I started a thread about this over on Mobafire as well,

I don't even play DawnGate anymore and I'm upset
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » November 4, 2014 6:16pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

Chiming in here, saw this today and was really, really sad. I played Dawngate some with my friends and quite enjoyed it. I also kept up with Dawngate Chronicles which I also really enjoyed.

Things I liked about Dawngate:

- Good variety of character designs
- Lots of effort into character personality and background
- Living lore / webcomic, wow, just so awesome to watch stuff unfold
- Game mechanics / functionality was solid, though personally since I didn't play that much I focused on the characters more than the actual gameplay / balancing

I would also love to see Dawngate picked up by a kickstarter or another company but I'm not getting my hopes up. :(

Mowen, among the fire team. Was Dawnfire even thought of once? I just really want to know. I won't get mad no matter what the answer is. I just want an answer.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » November 4, 2014 7:47pm | Report
I would say it's EA what did you expect, but this could have been something good that EA would make and people appreciated and liked it. I haven't play Dawngate but I see how many people enjoy this game and it's a shame that it's ending before it even started. Everything comes to an end but this didn't even come into the world as a full game. EA to me is still the worst video game company in the world and discontinuing a new, different, and innovated game like this for a recycled FPS to rush out the door to fill their empty wallets. That's my view on this I got nothing else to say.

EDIT: Even if EA didn't make the game, they had a hand in it's creations so they are still held responsible for it.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 4, 2014 9:23pm | Report
I died a little on the inside.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aeadar » November 4, 2014 11:26pm | Report
I cried.

Aeadar

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » November 4, 2014 11:30pm | Report
I hadn't time to state my opinion yesterday, so I will just say it now.

It is pretty unexpected for me. The game was in BETA and it was doing darn good. I think decision to shut it down is very rushed but what to say... It is EA.. They want to release a game and then grab money in one month..

Expecting much income from a BETA game, especially MOBA is just like calculating your income just from pre-orders and not the actual sales after the game comes out. As I know Dawngates competitive scene was just going to start, so it would attract more competitive gamers..

I just played a few matches in Dawngate, but I really loved its design, lore, and freakin items (they are great. awesome names, and so many thing to consider while building.. not just like our items, but thats another story).

Im pretty sorry for developers. As from what I have heard/read they really put their hearts into the game. They wanted to create a GOOD game not just a garbage game that will still earn money.. And I feel sorry for people who played and enjoyed it, especially the guys from our forum.. Just imagine that Smite (or any other game that you enjoy) is shut down.. And thats what they feel..

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>
Forum

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }