Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dawngate will shut down in 90 days

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>
Forum
Forum » Off Topic » Dawngate will shut down in 90 days 92 posts - page 2 of 10
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 4, 2014 12:34pm | Report
I understand but I'm just saying I laughed. Welp

I didn't mean offense to any of you in particular I just found it ironic how many of you would heavily compare dawngate the perfect moba to Smite and this happens. Which isn't wrong or anything, just ironic..

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » November 4, 2014 12:44pm | Report
Hahahaha I laughed and I'm still laughing.
I just don't understand why it would be shut down if it was such a good MOBA.... Hmmmmm I wonder......

(super rage posts incoming in 3.....2.....1.....)

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 4, 2014 12:48pm | Report
...get out...
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 4, 2014 12:50pm | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

Hahahaha I laughed and I'm still laughing.
I just don't understand why it would be shut down if it was such a good MOBA.... Hmmmmm I wonder......

(super rage posts incoming in 3.....2.....1.....)

Please don't be so shallow. Many great games do not get the chance to flourish on the market.

But yes, it was confirmed that it was EA that decided to halt development. Dawngate might still have a chance to be an independent game.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 4, 2014 12:51pm | Report
Actually that was surly of me to say. I actually do feel sorry for a majority of the players and people that worked on this game.

Needless to say I did have a good 2-3 second laugh. Can't really undo that

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 4, 2014 12:53pm | Report
You smug little ****s.

I'm not sure why I'm explaining it to you when your bias would make you disregard it anyway.

Dawngate just had a **** company. Simple as that. They released quality products and spent too much money. Look at how much more things it had over other MOBAs. They spent six months programming so that they could make a single shaper, for god's sake. And that's not mentioning the skins, the stories, the Living Lore, the charity, the webcomic, the music, the announcer packs, the incoming ranked servers, the tournaments...

Basically, they had a lot more things to spend on, while getting less money thanks to being new and being in beta. In comparison to Smite, which hogs money like a miser, spending a minimum of money on the playerbase and more into money sinks.

Besides, if this is a world where a **** game like Smite can get popular, a good game like Dawngate can get **** on. No one liked Van Gogh until he died, after all.

People naturally like cheap thrills that take little time investment. That's why junk food and gossip and other things are more popular than painting or cooking or writing, as a hobby.

Now **** off, you piece of ****.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 4, 2014 12:55pm | Report
Greenevers wrote:

Actually that was surly of me to say. I actually do feel sorry for a majority of the players and people that worked on this game.

Needless to say I did have a good 2-3 second laugh. Can't really undo that

you can just shut up about it... give a little god damm respect of get the **** out.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 4, 2014 1:00pm | Report
https://www.change.org/p/electronic-arts-please-continue-development-of-dawngate

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » November 4, 2014 1:00pm | Report
Shame.

Not sure what they were really expecting out of this game for them to just pull the plug on it, though. It seemed to have been getting good reviews, so it sounds like some of their goals for the game might have been a little too unrealistic or something.

Then again, when I saw EA was involved with this, it was a little concerning.

Anyway, sucks to hear because I know a lot of people really enjoyed it. I've been in the same position when Nexon announced they'd be shutting down DFO. Damn shame.

Anyway, only two pages in, and I think it already needs to be said, but you guys need to calm your **** with intentionally trying to piss each other off and the hostility.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 4, 2014 1:05pm | Report
I can participate in this discussion as much as I want.

Anyways there are already petitions and kickstarters for the game but I honestly doubt they would work since it's not just about rights to the game, funding for maintenance (salaries, servers, run costs) would be way too high to raise for any community. Though it can't hurt I guess - some links are posted on the subreddit.

Why didn't Dawngate ever release out of beta or put more money into advertising? I'm pretty sure that would've had some serious effects to their player base.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>
Forum

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }