Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

COMIC GEEKS ASSEMBLE!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » COMIC GEEKS ASSEMBLE! 58 posts - page 4 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » March 24, 2014 4:32pm | Report
Favorite super villain eh? I might have to go with Adrian Veidt. At least he is interesting from a moral standpoint. :P Have to say I like the movie design / plot (for the ending) a lot better than the comic design though, haha.

It's hard to say with others because I feel like their personality changes a lot depending on the year it was made or if it's a movie adaptation. :P Lots of super villains have cool ideas / designs but if you go too far back they get really cheesy.

As for my favorite comics. I really like Fables, gotten through Deluxe Edition book 3. I LOVED Batman: Year One. I love Watchmen but to be honest I've only seen the movie, started reading the comic and it was so similar I was like "eh, whatever." :P I've gotten through a fair bit of Bone but really need to finish it!

I've also always liked the X-men universe a lot, but have trouble deciding which to read since a lot of the old ones are really cheesy. I've read some of Ultimate X-Men and I liked that.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » March 24, 2014 4:55pm | Report
I have heard good reception from the Watchmen, and I agree that the early X-Men were kinda cheesy. Most of the dumb Storm feats came from the 80's, anyone remember Rogue Storm?
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » March 24, 2014 5:03pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

Favorite super villain eh? I might have to go with Adrian Veidt. At least he is interesting from a moral standpoint. :P Have to say I like the movie design / plot (for the ending) a lot better than the comic design though, haha.

It's hard to say with others because I feel like their personality changes a lot depending on the year it was made or if it's a movie adaptation. :P Lots of super villains have cool ideas / designs but if you go too far back they get really cheesy.

As for my favorite comics. I really like Fables, gotten through Deluxe Edition book 3. I LOVED Batman: Year One. I love Watchmen but to be honest I've only seen the movie, started reading the comic and it was so similar I was like "eh, whatever." :P I've gotten through a fair bit of Bone but really need to finish it!

I've also always liked the X-men universe a lot, but have trouble deciding which to read since a lot of the old ones are really cheesy. I've read some of Ultimate X-Men and I liked that.

He's definitely an interesting one. Also kind of funny that when I read this, I was actually reading Watchmen, lol. I had been meaning to read it for a very long time, but only just recently bought the book. I also haven't seen the movie yet, unfortunately, but I do know him and Rorschach pretty well, and really do enjoy their characters.

And yes, that's always been an issue for me with reading comics, lol. I can definitely respect the older and original comics, but a lot of them are so cheesy, it's hard to read without just wanting to face palm. I actually had to skip a bunch of issues of Green Lantern just because of that very reason. Thankfully, as someone who reads DC comics almost exclusively, anything after Crisis on Infinite Earths, where a lot of stories and characters got rebooted, is usually pretty well with turning away from the more cheesy aspects and dialogue.

Batman: Year One was definitely a great one, and I'm definitely enjoying Watchmen so far. I haven't read any of the others, but I'll have to look them up sometime.

The X-men is probably my favorite thing out of the Marvel universe. I haven't read any of the comics, but I do have most, if not all, of the Uncanny X-men comics on my hard drive, though, since that series was the first of the X-men, it will definitely start off cheesy, I'm sure, lol. Plan on starting up that series after I finish a few others I'm currently reading.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » March 24, 2014 5:26pm | Report
I really wanna get the Annihilators and the Champions, but I can't find them anywhere :(
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 24, 2014 5:36pm | Report
Favorite villain? does Deadpool qualify? :D
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » March 24, 2014 5:37pm | Report
Maleficent huehuehue

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » March 24, 2014 5:47pm | Report
I guess Deadpool technically qualifies. My fav is Victor von freaking Doom. He's badass, has a badass name, and a badass voice. In the comics his ego is biigger than the universe, and he's so noble. Besides, he's done some things Reed Richards couldn't do, which is a big feat considering Reed built that extradimensional prison.

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » March 24, 2014 5:48pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Favorite villain? does Deadpool qualify? :D

I would say DeadPool is more of an anarchist then a villain.
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » March 24, 2014 6:05pm | Report
In ye olde X-Men comics, he was part of a group that was one of the X-Men's most recurring adversaries

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » March 24, 2014 8:19pm | Report
Deathstroke > Deadpool

But that's besides any point.

As for my favorite villains, I'm just going to go ahead and go top 10 up in here for that (at least top 10 at the moment):

10. The Joker
9. Darkseid
8. Sinestro
7. The Riddler
6. Zoom (Hunter Zolomon)
5. Atrocitus (Kind of half and half when it comes to him being a villain)
4. Black Adam
3. Killer Frost
2. Cyborg Superman (Hank Henshaw)
1. Circe

These are, of course, all post-Crisis, but pre-New 52 versions. I hate what they did with the Cyborg Superman in the New 52.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }