Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

COMIC GEEKS ASSEMBLE!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » COMIC GEEKS ASSEMBLE! 58 posts - page 1 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » March 21, 2014 1:14pm | Report
Well, I don't have many friends that like comics. So let's talk about comics.
What's your favorite comic saga? (e.g. Crisis on infinite earths)
Favorite hero? (e.g. Namor)
Favorite team or family? (e.g. Fantastic Four for team or the Batman Family)
BEGIN!
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » March 21, 2014 1:28pm | Report
Favorite comic saga: Pretty hard for me to pick one. I really enjoyed Infinite Crisis and everything leading up to it (Identity Crisis, Crisis of Conscience, Superman Sacrifice, etc). I also really enjoyed Blackest Night.

Favorite hero: Again, really hard to pick just one, but if I had to, I'd have to say Batman, with Hal Jordan being a close second and Wonder Woman making #3.

Favorite team/family: This one might be a little easier to pick. For team, I'd definitely have to go with the Justice League. For family, I'd have to go with the Captain Marvel family (Power of Shazam version with just Captain Marvel, Mary Marvel, and Captain Marvel Jr. having the powers, though, I'm not a big fan of Captain Marvel Jr. Big fan of Captain Marvel and Mary Marvel, though).
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » March 21, 2014 1:39pm | Report
Yeah, honestly my favorite DC hero is probably Captain Marvel (wasn't there even a King Marvel?) Favorite hero in general is Thor (as you might recognize from my pic.) I'm gonna have to go with Avengers and AvX for team and saga respectively, what can I say? I've always been more of a Marvel fan.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » March 21, 2014 2:54pm | Report
Captain Marvel is my #4 favorite character, though I hate what they've done with him in the New 52. In fact, the New 52 in general, in my eyes, is a huge disappointment, which is why everything I talk about is pre-New 52.

And actually, I was thinking about it, and one of my top favorite sagas/story lines is definitely War of the Gods because it actually showcased one of my favorite villains of all times: Circe. That story actually showed how powerful she really is. Unfortunately, she's a very underrated character.

And yeah, Marvel is good. I like plenty of their characters, as seen by my avatar, but I'm a huge DC fan (once again, pre-New 52).
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » March 21, 2014 3:25pm | Report
Now to a more serious question: how much logic and quantum physics is involved in Silver Age Superman's galaxy-destroying sneezes?

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » March 21, 2014 7:11pm | Report
Rofl, I'd say little to none. About as much as him flying around the Earth really fast to turn back time in that first movie of his.
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » March 22, 2014 5:43pm | Report
Perfect, perfect, now tell me: I can't be the only one waiting for a Marvel vs DC video game

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » March 22, 2014 5:50pm | Report
I think it'd be great, especially if it was made like Injustice: Gods Among Us, and not some Marvel vs. Capcom style. Comic book fans, fighting game fans, and just people all over would flock over the idea of being able to play a game with DC and Marvel characters fighting each other. I mean, look how popular the DC vs Marvel characters debates are all over the internet. It's just a fun concept to see both sides against each other.
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » March 22, 2014 5:57pm | Report
Yeah, if you go to comic vine, you'll find a lot of DC v Marvel threads

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » March 22, 2014 6:10pm | Report
Yep, there, YouTube, etc. They usually make for some interesting debates, a lot of the time they get pretty heated, as well.
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }