Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anime Discussion :3

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Anime Discussion :3 517 posts - page 2 of 52
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » August 18, 2013 4:26pm | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

Oh no no no, I don't hate dubs. I simply prefer subs because I find that they give a better experience when watching.

The reason I say to watch the subbed version is because I've seen both subbed and dubbed of SAO, and that the dubbed is rather bad. The subbed is far superior.

Often, I find my experience with an anime heavily boils down to two things: premise and character.

If the premise is lacking, then it doesn't matter if it's dub or sub: it was a bad story to begin with. See: Evangelion

Characters are a different story. Characters being likable or not has nothing to do with the dub or sub; again, if I don't like the characters, sub or dub makes no difference. And I find Kirito to be a character that is difficult to like due to his "solo player" mentality.

The only thing that really makes any difference to me in subs vs. dubs are how the personalities are handled. Does the voice match the given personality? Do their voices properly express emotion when the scene calls for it? If the dub fails in this regard, then the dub is flawed.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » August 18, 2013 5:36pm | Report
Oh see, I'm much different. I'm a perfectionist, and I've had the mind set that the subbed, Japanese voice was the more ideal way simply because it gave a more original feeling, especially when I can tell that the lips on a character are NOT speaking their original language (it infuriates me). The perfectionist attitude has not allowed that mind set to change.

I do find characters important, but regardless of whether I love them or dislike them (I rarely hate a character), it is their actions rather than their personalities which matters most to me. For instance, I liked Kirito not because of the "solo player" personality, but rather because he strived to achieve what most of the other players thought was too difficult or impossible. He stood out from the others, and that is significant for me. Although I DO have a strange taste for anything moe, regardless of action or personality.

Premise... yes. That would explain why I generally do NOT prefer anime (or any story) that involves normal high schoolers and all of the drama within. I prefer fantasy-themed worlds, or ones that involve the paranormal.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » August 18, 2013 9:43pm | Report
Such long repley's now. *sigh*

My favorite anime is D.Gray-Man, another one is Full Metal Alchemist. I'm on Dangan Ronpa just like Sunfall. And I love TWGOK with a passion. And I have watched Angel Beats and Clannad. :p

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 19, 2013 5:31am | Report
We all know whats the #1 Anime that is although Naruto does come close second.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » August 19, 2013 6:10am | Report
if i had to pick it would have to be either full metal alchemist brotherhood or one piece

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MaysJedi » August 28, 2013 9:31pm | Report
Anything with huge t*ts.

jk, I like Deadman Wonderland, Japan can go suck on their own c*ck for not recognizing how great it was...
"MaysJedi is the best jedi in Smite, don't deny it."[color=#ff0000][/color]

MaysJedi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Leon Porter » September 15, 2013 10:12pm | Report
You people are gonna hate me, but Kodomo No Jikan is my favorite anime.
Click the sig below, you can get ultimate godpack, and gems for free. PM me if you need any help with the site.

Leon Porter

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » September 16, 2013 12:11am | Report
Leon Porter wrote:

Kodomo no Jikan vs. Boku no Pico. Which fetish shall reign supreme?
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sylverlune » September 16, 2013 12:34am | Report
Leon Porter wrote:

I love that anime too even if I'm not a lolicon(I just love student and teacher relationships).
I love the ending of the manga as well, I recommend you to read it if you haven't already.

Sylverlune

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sylverlune » September 16, 2013 12:41am | Report
As for the actual post, I believe some animes I do prefer in english, and when I mean some I mean 1 anime.

That anime is Baccano!, I love it in english as all the characters are not from japan. As well as the Dub actually felt good to watch as all the characters voices match them perfectly(Strictly MY OPINION).

Anyway the japanese sub version is not bad ofcourse but I just love the Dub better in this one. The Japanese version seems to have trouble "pronouncing" a lot of the characters names not that it's a bad thing.

Sylverlune

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }