Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Season 7 Guide Contest!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » SMITEFire Season 7 Guide Contest! 42 posts - page 3 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » January 30, 2020 5:49pm | Report
Hey, why Rama is in the category Revival while there is this

https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/patience-2-0-rama-guide-for-duo-laners-s7-7-1-19099

Isn't this category supposed to be only gods without guides yet?

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 30, 2020 6:25pm | Report
I will probably discuss with Hades. The category is basically meant for God's with 0 or one true guide from last year. We basically just went with the Gods at the bottom of the list, choosing two from each class.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 31, 2020 2:51am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Hey Foot,

This was a discussion I had with Hades, and although it's a good idea (I mean, I have multiple guides that are not god-specific, so I support that concept), it was determined that the # of guides like that might not have enough to judge properly...in the end, the "Revival" category was the one that was chosen.

Perhaps Hades can add to this.

I think the reasoning is right on this one. if you look at guides coming in most guides are always god specific ones. Most general guides are from people who have been around longer and in a lot of cases they are not searched for as much as for god guides. Also it's hard to make a good "original" guide in the category as the subjects are slightly limited (you mostly will get role and mode guides)

Also Setolino damn it;s been a while

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Hades4u » January 31, 2020 4:04am | Report
FootFetish wrote:

Hi!, what about guides that aren't for gods? (For example my support guide)... :(

Hello!

We've actually tried running a category for "general guides" on our other websites, MOBAFire and DOTAFire. The category was doing okay but most of the time there weren't enough quality entries to pick worthy winners from.

Right now if you visit our general guides, there are 7 of them (5 of them written by Bran) that have been updated at least once during 2019, which is very underwhelming to have a category for. We might reconsider this for the next guide contest, but for now we wanted to focus more on the Gods that really could use some new quality guides. :)

Thank you for letting us know though, feedback received always influences our decision making!
Hades4u
<Community Manager>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (54)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FootFetish » January 31, 2020 1:56pm | Report
Hades4u wrote:

Thank you for letting us know though, feedback received always influences our decision making!

It's fine, you don't need to add that category next time, i really thought a lot of people had the same idea as me on making general guides but well i guess not, so i'll just work on serqet for the revival category :)
:)

FootFetish
<Enchanter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » February 5, 2020 7:36am | Report
Hello Everyone,

I'm returning to the site with a bang. I'm going to be taking over the Assassin Category. As a multi time masters jungler and former SPL coach I am going to be judging based on depth of information, competitive viability and accessibility to newcomers. If you would like me to take a look at your guide and provide some pointers, please feel free to ask.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » February 5, 2020 10:38am | Report
"Estidien?!"

"Oh ****! There goes the contest."

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » February 5, 2020 2:34pm | Report
Hah! I shall be quite fair.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » February 5, 2020 5:39pm | Report
Yo pog I'm judging a contest with Estidien I am not worthy
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UPLAR » February 10, 2020 12:51pm | Report
My Ah Muzen Cab guide has just been updated and published, so will my Ah Puch guide too within the next few days.

Good luck to everyone who's entered the competition - UPLAR

UPLAR
<Marksman>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (9)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }