Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Season 7 Guide Contest!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » SMITEFire Season 7 Guide Contest! 42 posts - page 1 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Hades4u » January 29, 2020 6:19am | Report

Hello and welcome to the Season 7 Guide Contest! Check out the details below to learn how to join and compete for the $50 prize! :)

Season 7 Guide Contest (12 Winners)

The guide contest features a total of (6) categories. There are (5) categories for each SMITE class and (1) remaining category that will feature Gods that need fresh quality guides the most. Each category will have (2) winners that will receive the prize of $50 each.

How to participate?
  • Simply create or update a Season 7 guide before the end of the contest (February 26th) and you're entered!

• To qualify for the guide contest, your guide must have at least 2000 characters (characters, not words, includes BBCode) and a properly filled out build - skill sequence, talents, and at least core items in the item purchase order. Guides and item builds must be competitive in the current meta.

• If you want feedback for your guide, don't forget to make use of the forums! The SMITEFire community will be happy to help by giving your guide feedback.
Sounds good so far? Break the ice and be the first to update or create a guide! :)

Contest Categories (2 Winners per Category)

Here are the categories of this guide contest. You may create multiple guides for each of these categories, but you will only be able to win once. Creating more guides means more chances though. ;)

Assassin

Assassins are often melee gods who can commonly be found in the jungle area of the map. With their mobility and ability to deal huge amounts of damage in a short period of time, their main purpose is to reach key targets in the back line of the enemy team before assassinating them. Authors who write a guide in this category should make sure they do their best to explain how to do this without being stopped by the enemy Guardian or dying to damage dealt by the enemy team.

The winners will receive $50 cash, a Season 7 gold Assassin badge and a special forum title.

Guardian

Guardians are usually gods who provide a large amount of crowd control and can soak some damage for their team. Their main job is protect their carries from dying to sneaky enemy Assassins and to disrupt the enemy team as much as possible. Authors who write a guide in this category should focus on explaining how to quickly locate and eliminate the main source(s) of danger on the enemy team while keeping their own carries safe.

The winners will receive $50 cash, a Season 7 gold Guardian badge and a special forum title.

Hunter

Hunters are gods who primarily use their basic attacks to deal damage from a distance. Due to their heavy dependence on items, one of their main priorities throughout the game is to secure kills and make sure they are farming a lot of minions & monsters. Authors who write a guide in this category should focus on explaining how to itemize once they've acquired a lot of gold by doing so and talk about how best to position in teamfights.

The winners will receive $50 cash, a Season 7 gold Hunter badge and a special forum title.

Mage

Mages are commonly found in the middle lane and can deal a large amount of magical damage from afar by chaining their abilities. In teamfights, they're usually looking to unleash their deadly combo on prime enemy targets. Authors who write a guide in this category should focus on explaining how their abilities should be chained to get the most damage out of them and talk about how to best position themselves in order to do this without being at risk of getting caught.

The winners will receive $50 cash, a Season 7 gold Mage badge and a special forum title.

Warrior

Warriors are melee fighters who can take a bit of a beating but dish out damage as well. In teamfights, Warriors should generally be found on the front lines and focus on disrupting and damaging the enemy team's damage dealers. Authors who write a guide in this category should focus on explaining how to best itemize to achieve this goal and on how to determine which enemy god should be their main priority.

The winners will receive $50 cash, a Season 7 gold Warrior badge and a special forum title.

Revival

The Revival category is new for this contest! All guides for the 10 Gods shown on the left are eligible to win this category. Each of these Gods is in need of some fresh new guides, so this category is designed to reward those authors who help fill that need by creating new guide content for the Gods listed.

The full list of Gods that count towards this category:
The winners will receive $50 cash, a Season 7 gold Revival badge and a special forum title.

What Will the Guides be Judged On?

Build Quality - a good guide needs a good build

What would a good guide be without a good build? If you don't buy any items you probably aren't going to do very well! So first things first, tell us what to buy (under the Items tab) of your guide!

Guide purchase orders exist to tell your readers what to buy as well as the order in which they should buy their items, so make sure to make good use of them.

Depth of Information - now tell us how to play!

What order do you level your skills in? Do you wait for a certain moment to use a skill? How do you play against this god or that god? All these little details should not only teach beginners the basics, but teach experienced players little tips and tricks they may not have known before. We've jotted down a list of common topics to touch on in a guide below.
  • Skill order
  • How to use your skills effectively
  • First purchase
  • Build order and how to counterbuild
  • Tips and tricks
  • Matchups and synergy
  • Other game concepts such as team fighting, jungling, pushing, map objectives, etc.

Formatting and Readability - add some polish

If your guide has typos everywhere and all the text is in bright blue it might be a little hard to read. We're not saying that a single typo will disqualify your guide, but take some time to proofread and add some formatting to your guide to help readers quickly find important information. Below are a few resources to help set you on your way; if you want any more help, feel free to ask for it on the forums!

What Are The Rules?

• You must create or update your guide by the end of February 26th.

• Your guide must fulfill these material requirements:
    • At least 2000 characters
    • At least one build with a filled out skill order and items

• You're allowed to make changes to your guide at any time.

• Guides must be crafted to reflect the current state of the game.

• Guides for any of SMITE's game modes are eligible to win.

• Users can not win more than one contest category.
    • Exceptions may be made based on the number of quality guides at the discretion of the judges

• Plagiarism is strictly prohibited and will automatically disqualify your guide.
    • NOTE: God builds and BBCode do not belong to any one writer and do not fall under plagiarism rules

Contest Judges

We have a hand-picked team of judges this year, including some prolific guide authors. Since judges can't win any category of the contest, now's your best chance to secure a spot in the standings while these guide giants are out of the running!

Branmuffin17
Revival

Estidien
Assassin

Gulfwulf
Guardian

xmysterionz
Hunter

Stuke99
Warrior

The Fine Print

• Open to registered SMITEFire members only. Not a member? Register now and craft your guide!

• Contest is worldwide.

• Contest will be closed on February 26th, 2020 at 11:59pm PST.

• After contest is closed there will be a 1 week judging period.

• We reserve the right to adjust the number of winners per category based on the number of quality entries.

• Winners may choose to receive their prize in a different form (e.g. Steam Wallet).

• Winners will be notified by email after the judging period and will have 7 days to claim their prize.
Hades4u
<Community Manager>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (54)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » January 29, 2020 7:03am | Report
My Ratatoskr guide was used as example <3

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Hades4u » January 29, 2020 8:25am | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

My Ratatoskr guide was used as example <3

Haha I was wondering if you'd notice! :D
Hades4u
<Community Manager>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (54)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » January 29, 2020 8:56am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

Haha I was wondering if you'd notice! :D

Hahaha of course I would notice, I know every single detail in all my guides :v

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » January 29, 2020 9:09am | Report
Isn't a bit EARLY to do a Season 7 Guide contest?

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Hades4u » January 29, 2020 9:47am | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

Isn't a bit EARLY to do a Season 7 Guide contest?

It runs throughout 3 weeks - should be enough time to lay the groundwork of a guide and experiment with the new season. :)

I believe in our talented guide authors!
Hades4u
<Community Manager>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (54)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » January 29, 2020 12:35pm | Report
Any reward for runner ups?

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » January 29, 2020 12:47pm | Report
boogiebass wrote:

Any reward for runner ups?

Yeah, the knowledge that you weren't good enough to win. :P

I don't know if there are any rewards, but I think there should be. Hi-Rez isn't sponsoring this contest, which is why the prize is cash instead of gems and a skin.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » January 29, 2020 3:02pm | Report
> Kumbhakarna
> Raijin
> Cabrakan

Time to update the 2-3 year old meme guides?

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » January 29, 2020 7:51pm | Report
I will tell you right now that I will not be looking kindly on meme builds that aren't functional; I will give each and every build submitted the full attention they deserve but I am not obligated to crown a winner and will not do so if I feel there aren't any builds worthy of such.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }