Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Long Live the King Patch TL;DR

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Long Live the King Patch TL;DR 33 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 14, 2015 8:08pm | Report
I can respect that Stuke
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 14, 2015 8:09pm | Report
Let me remind you all of a time where they changed Freya's Banish by reducing the "air time" of enemies in order to decrease what was essentially a stun...by such an insubstantial amount that it literally made zero difference in the possible number of autos hit. Even with the highest possible attack speed.

This kind of icon shenanigans is a bit lower than usual for HiRez, but perfectly plausible.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » October 14, 2015 8:13pm | Report
What dose one of Freya's abilities have to do with this post?

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » October 14, 2015 8:19pm | Report
I dont get your response Sub. If its a comparison then maybe.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 14, 2015 8:25pm | Report
I tried very hard to not facepalm. I settled for sighing melodramatically. *melodramatically sighs*

My point is that HiRez has a previous history of making changes that don't actually do anything and treating it as if it's a serious step in the right direction.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » October 14, 2015 8:37pm | Report
I think a line should be draw when it come to unimportant changes to the game play, and unimportant changes to the art. Yes, her nerf kind of sucked, but these are pointless aesthetic changes so Freya's ability and the change to adventurer's blade doesn't connect well to your point.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 14, 2015 8:48pm | Report
Gotta agree with the majority here, the comparison to Banish isn't really able to be drawn. The reason they put that comment there was just as a joke because the community had been asking for it for so long on the forums and the reddit and such, thus they made a big deal out of it because it was such a big deal to the community... for some reason lol.

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 14, 2015 8:53pm | Report
Zilby wrote:

Gotta agree with the majority here, the comparison to Banish isn't really able to be drawn. The reason they put that comment there was just as a joke because the community had been asking for it for so long on the forums and the reddit and such, thus they made a big deal out of it because it was such a big deal to the community... for some reason lol.

*is talking about how HiRez's patch changes are terribad and how this change is pointless and does nothing and talks fancy*

*gives example of another pointless change that also did nothing and talks fancy*

People: There's no visible connection.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 14, 2015 8:53pm | Report
@Sub, the change you are referring to is here

"Freya

Freya is designed to be a late game single target burst Mage. She accomplishes this in many ways, but due to her hyper late game carry potential we felt the number of hits she could confirm on targets falling from banish should be addressed. By decreasing how long it takes to fall after banish ends, we’ve reduced the number of shots the target takes before they regain control. This is a fairly substantial adjustment to Freya, and one we’ll be watching closely going forward.
  • Banish
    • Increased the rate enemies fall back to the ground after being banished."

While I'll admit that that was a silly and pointless change, the difference is that here they were being sincere about this change being impactful, in the Adventurer's Blade analysis they were just joking around and being facetious.

That's like comparing someone making a racey joke and someone legitimately believing in the racey joke. For example, Louis CK made a joke about "what if we just don't worry about kids with allergies for a year? Survival of the fittest would happen, and nobody would would have allergies anymore..." - this was paraphrased

Do we actually criticize Louis CK for his humor and taking it as a legitimate argument? No! It's a ******* joke, he wouldn't actually recommend this irl. Humor =/= Sincerity and it should not be treated as such. Even if Louis CK believes in and states other questionable ideas, we can't hold his comedy against him just because his other ideas are questionable.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » October 14, 2015 11:31pm | Report
I'm sorry to not take part into this funny argument about sarcams, but I have the feeling we're not addressing the main point of the patch here. Ra's card.

Ok kidding.

Tho, Sol is still gonna be OP from what I can read. Give her Athena or Khepri in the duo lane, and it's done. From what I see, it won't change a lot how powerful she is. She'll drop from SS to S+ maybe? I just hope she won't make it to SPL because it will just **** all games P&B strategies...
Xbox One Player

Timezone CET (Paris, Europe)
Playtime From 7pm to 12am
Pref. Roles Support | Jungler

Have a look on my brand new Arachne guide!

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }