Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Long Live the King Patch TL;DR

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Long Live the King Patch TL;DR 33 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 14, 2015 2:37pm | Report

Misc
  • Added illumination support for supported Logitech peripherals.
    • HiRez logo
    • God Select Countdown
    • Launching Countdown
    • Level Up
    • Respawn Countdown
    • Death
    • Gold Fury Team Kill
    • Fire Giant Team Kill
    • Tower Team Kill

• Changed pop-up message for players that leave base without purchasing items.
  • Cleaned up various small Play Screen issues.

Item Changes

Adventurer's Blade

When looking at items we take all factors into account, from item costs, to stats, to icons. Adventurer’s Blade is an item that was balanced around the idea that the icon was the same as Winged Blade. Simply put, without knowing its true identity, the item couldn’t perform to its full capability. After re-evaluating, we now feel the game is in a state where we can update this item’s icon. Today, Adventurer’s Blade discovers itself.
  • Icon Updated

Bluestone Pendant

We’re taking another pass at Bluestone this patch. The item’s efficiency comes from its early ability to help clear and poke, while also providing a full 20 Power that scales into the mid and late game. While a substantial reduction, by restricting the Power we can keep the early push while simultaneously hitting this item where it was over-performing.
  • Reduced Power from 20 → 15.

Mail of Renewal

Mail of Renewal gets another adjustment to bring it more in line with other defensive items. Overall we love seeing builds that include defensive options and diversify from the standard aggressive paths, but Mail was still over-performing.
  • Reduced Health from 300 → 250.

God Changes
There were quite a few god changes made this patch. If you're looking for a certain god change be sure to read the full patch notes.

Artemis

We hope with this change players will begin to experiment with more of the nuances of Artemis while feeling less pressure in terms of Mana management.
Khepri

Khepri as a Support exceeds at turning the tides of battle, but often these turns can become overwhelming. Scarab’s Blessing will now revive targets with less Health making it more imperative that teams play well to protect their revived ally, or risk losing them a second time. Additionally, Rising Dawn is seeing a Cooldown increase. With a longer Cooldown there is now more room for enemy teams to find openings in Khepri’s protection.
Sol

Sol’s seeing a number of adjustments in her first post-release patch. Her Passive and overall damage is being reduced while her Ultimate is seeing some improvements. Sol has been one of our most popular launches this year and these changes are intended to put her in a more balanced state, while maintaining her role as a dominant lane pusher. Additionally, Sol will no longer cleanse Roots when activating Disapparate, which brings back into play additional counter options.

• Unstable Manifestation

• Reduced bonus basic attack damage at full Heat from 35% → 25%.
    • Reduced Magical Power bonus from 1% for every 3% Heat → 1% for every 4% Heat.
    • Reduced Attack Speed bonus from 1% for every 3% Heat → 1.2% for every 4% Heat.
    • Fixed overheating voice line not playing on Supernova skin.

• Radiance

• Reduced Damage from 30/60/90/120/150 → 30/50/70/90/110 per tick.
    • Fixed an issue where this ability would damage towers and structures.

• Stellar Burst

• Fixed an issue where item passives would double hit the initial target.
    • Fixed ability sometimes firing in the sky.
    • Fixed buff icon not flashing when ability in use.

• Disapparate

• This ability no longer cleanses Roots.
    • Fixed an issue where this ability would damage towers and structures.

• Supernova

• Increased explosion radius from 10 → 12.
    • Reduced time between blasts from 0.28s → 0.24s.

New God Skins
  • King Ar-Tyr Tyr
  • IDusa Medusa
New God Cards
  • Solar Eclipse Ra

Once again, this is an abridged version of the official patch notes. For every single detail please read the official patch notes!
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » October 14, 2015 2:48pm | Report

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 14, 2015 4:16pm | Report
They weren't even subtle about it, they slapped coconuts on him.

Also the insight on Adventurer's Blade is pretty great.

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » October 14, 2015 5:59pm | Report
Zilby wrote:

My favorite comedy is Monty Python and the Holy Grail, this makes me so happy. The only problem is that it's an Odyssey item and, to be honest, Tyr is kind of bad since the nerf to blink.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 14, 2015 6:50pm | Report
That doesn't mean he's not fun to play, and tbh he's still viable. blink is a great tool for him but it doesn't define him. He's still a really strong tank with great CC a ridiculous heal, and high base damages.

His jungling game is definitely gone from the blink nerf though. RIP

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 14, 2015 6:52pm | Report
Zilby wrote:

Also the insight on Adventurer's Blade is pretty great.

Bull ****ing ****.

"When looking at items we take all factors into account, from item costs, to stats, to icons. Adventurer’s Blade is an item that was balanced around the idea that the icon was the same as Winged Blade. Simply put, without knowing its true identity, the item couldn’t perform to its full capability. After re-evaluating, we now feel the game is in a state where we can update this item’s icon. Today, Adventurer’s Blade discovers itself."

Ignore all the fancy talk, and look at the facts of the matter.

"Adventurer’s Blade was balanced around the idea that the icon was the same as Winged Blade."

Are you ****ing kidding me? You call this insight? They just throw around buzzwords like "identity" and "factors" and other stuff they copy and paste from LoL patch notes. Why the **** would an icon affect the balance of an item AT ALL?

Adventurer's Blade is a rename of the second tier of Winged Wand. That is IT. There is NOTHING more to the situation. This isn't League, where items can actually branch to different, multiple tiers.

This is a perfect microcosm of how HiRez works. Not only do they have no idea what they're talking about, and not only do they blow cosmetic changes way out of proportion like they're some epic rebalancing change, but they also never hesitate to rip off ideas without a single shred of originality.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » October 14, 2015 7:12pm | Report
Sub, they're just joking...

Edit: Heh, jokes on me

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 14, 2015 7:12pm | Report
Sub I can't tell if you're also being sarcastic or didn't realize that HiRez was being sarcastic...
Or if you realized that HiRez is being sarcastic and are still pissed off about them making a joke for some reason :o

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » October 14, 2015 7:13pm | Report
Dude, it's just a change in artwork, calm down. You're getting overly aggressive over them for using flowery language to promote a new icon for a item.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » October 14, 2015 7:15pm | Report
we're being double crossed

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }