Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

ISIS Patch notes preview

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » ISIS Patch notes preview 22 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » May 14, 2013 2:01pm | Report

Isis, Goddess of Magic, flies onto the battlefield.

New God: Isis

Basic Attack
  • Isis's basic attacks deal magical damage. There is no critical strike chance, lifesteal or other on-hit effects on her auto-attack, regardless of items purchased.
  • Isis basic attacks deal 30 magical damage plus 25% of her magical power, and utilize a three-swing chain, with the final hit having increased swing time and damage in a small AoE. Basic Attack Progression: 1/1/1.5x damage and swing time.

Funeral Rites (Passive)

Isis shares additional HP5 and MP5 with nearby allies. For every player death she witnesses, her aura gains an additional stack (max 10). Stacks reset on death.. HP5: 2 HP5 per stack. MP5: 2 MP5 per stack. Basic Attack Progression: 1/1/1.5x damage and swing time.

Wing Gust

Isis flaps her wings, gaining increased movement speed with no backpedal penalty, and sending forth 4 wing gusts in a line, each dealing magical damage to all targets in their path. Damage: 35/55/75/95/115 (+40% of your magical power). Gusts spawned: 4. Movement Speed: 25%. Firing duration: 3s. Cost: 80/85/90/95/100. Cooldown: 12s.

Spirit Ball

Isis sends forth a ball of spirit energy. As the ball travels, it gains in power up to 1.5x at max range. At any time, Isis can activate the ability to detonate the ball, dealing magical damage and stunning enemies within 10 ft., scaling in duration up to 1.5x at max range: Damage: 70/110/150/190/230 (+70% of your magical power). Stun: 1s. Cost: 70/80/90/100/110. Cooldown: 12s.

Dispel Magic

Isis silences enemies at her target location. Enemies hit also lose a portion of their magical protections and are slowed for a duration. Allies affected by Isis Funeral Rites aura gain the missing protections during this time. Slow: 35%. Magical Protections Stolen: 10/15/20/25/30%. Protection Steal Duration: 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5s. Silence: 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2s. Cost: 80/85/90/95/100. Cooldown: 18.

Circle of Protection

Isis plants her staff into the ground at her target location. Allies within its radius take 30% less damage from all sources. All damage mitigated in this way charges up the staff. When Isis activates the staff, it explodes, dealing damage to all enemies nearby and healing all allies based on how much damage was stored. Damage: 160/200/240/280/320 (+50% of your magical power). Healing: 80/100/120/140/160 (+25% of your magical power). Damage Reduction: 30%. Max Charge: 800/1600/2400/3200/4000. Max Charge Dmg/Heal Scale: 1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5x. Cost: 80/90/100/110/120. Cooldown: 60s.

New Skins:

• Guardian Eternal Isis
  • Sentry Vulcan (Global Agenda Themed) -- This skin is available to purchase with Gems, or is free to any player that has reached Level 30 on at least one Global Agenda character. (the skin will be automatically applied to the Hi-Rez Master Account linked to the Global Agenda character).

New Voice Packs:

• Apollo
  • Aphrodite
  • Isis

God Leveling / Worshipers

• For every game that is won, the god you played will earn Worshipers. The amount of worshipers will dictate what God Rank your god is currently at.
  • There are 10 God Ranks that can be achieved for each god.
  • God Rank 1 reached on a god will trigger a Mastery Level for the player. The maximum Master Level you can attain is equal to the number of gods currently in the game.
  • After each match you will see the amount of Worshipers gained for that match and your progress to the next level.
  • In the Game Lobby you can see each gods progress in the Gods Menu.
  • NOTE: Your God Rank will be earned from the point of the patch going forward. Matches played prior to the introduction of this system will not count toward your God Rank.

Player Leveling
  • The old Player Level is now called Beta Level. Players reaching Beta Level 30 will receive the Ymir Cocadeamon skin if they reach Level 30 before official game release.
  • There is a new Master Level for a player. For every god that reaches Master Level 1 will give the player a Master Level + 1. There is as many Mastery Levels as there are gods in the game (At this time 36).

General:

• Friends who are broadcasting using the in-game Twitch.TV integration, may now be viewed from the TV | FRIENDS tab.
  • The in-game Twitch.TV integration now has support for your webcam.
  • Only minutes broadcast during matches are now counted toward the Twitch.TV broadcasting achievements. Idle time in the main menu no longer counts toward achievements.
  • The pricing for recolor skins has been reduced from 11,000 to 9,500 favor.
  • The end of match summary screen now shows Tower Damage instead of Tower Kills.
  • Healing from Deaths toll and Vampiric Shroud are now excluded from the Healing Statistics in the End of Match Lobby.
  • When choosing a god on the GOD screen or in the match lobby, the god now plays an animation prior while appearing on the pedestal.
  • VGS commands have increased spam control.

Challenge Changes
  • All Challenge modes now allow for 1v1 options, in addition to 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 and 5v5.
  • Joust now uses the same system for Challenge matches as the other gamemodes.
  • When you creating a challenge match, there is now an option to allow global (All Chat) during the match.
  • When you creating a challenge match, there is now an option to allow or disallow spectating / recording of matches.

Spectator Changes
  • The Spectator HUD now shows the rank purchased on Active Items.
  • New match lobby treatment when spectating Draft Mode matches.
  • When replaying a match, god selection in the Match Lobby is now part of the replay.

Items:

Blink - New Sound FX treatment.

Gods

Undying Love
  • This ability is now usable while under the effects of Fenrirs Bite. It removes the effects from your Soul Mate as well.

• Cupids passive now has an improved UI treatment.

Fenrir now properly remains captured in Artemis trap when he uses Brutalize and lands on it.
His base attacks per second has been increased from .94 to 1 and the additional % per level has been increased from 1.6 to 1.7%.

Seething Howl
  • The physical lifesteal percentage has been increased from 5/10/15/20/25% to 15/20/25/30/35%.

Brutalize

• The base damage of this ability has been increased from 40/70/100/130/160 per hit to 45/75/105/135/165 per hit.

Hinder / Cleanse
  • This ability now removes the effects of Fenrirs Bite on allies.

Earthbreaker
  • The range of this ability has been increased from 40 ft to 45 ft.

Mitigate Wounds
  • This ability now heals for 15/25/35/45/55 every second for 4 seconds when initiated.
  • The percentage damage done within the 4 seconds that is returned as healing has been changed from 30/55/80/105/130% (+1% for every 2% health missing) to 40/60/80/100/120% (without additional scaling).

Frenzy
  • This ability is now usable while under the effects of Fenrirs Bite.

Universe Ring Toss
  • Number of bounces decreased from 5/6/7/8/9 to 3/4/5/6/7 (-2 off all ranks - total number of hits is what's listed here +1 for the initial hit)
  • Damage per hit increased from 50/70/90/110/130 to 75/100/125/150/175
  • Physical scaling increased from 15% to 20% per hit
  • Physical protection reduction per hit increased from 10 to 15
  • Move Speed buff for Ne Zha increased from 4% per stack to 5% per stack

Armillary Sash
  • Physical Scaling increased from 50% to 150%

Solar Blessing
  • Modest adjustment to FX.

Shards of Ice
  • A new camera treatment has been added to the Ultimate. Please provide feedback. Additional adjustments may be made in future patches.
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » May 14, 2013 2:08pm | Report
What is this....adding Worshippers and whatnot thing.....
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » May 14, 2013 2:09pm | Report
It shows your skill with a specific god instead of a lvl for playing a certain amount of matches
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » May 14, 2013 2:10pm | Report
That's difficulty fancy.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » May 14, 2013 2:44pm | Report
The question is if they're throwing out the old player level system, how will matchmaking work from now on? Using a player's god levels wouldn't be reliable: what if I picked up a new god and decided to start using that one, even though I have a lot of mastery levels on Arachne or Sobek? It wouldn't reflect my experience with the new god.

The only possible method I can see is using hidden ELO, but even that system is flawed due to how skewed it is when it comes to new players and smurfs, who might have a superinflated ELO despite having played only a handful of games.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » May 14, 2013 7:36pm | Report
Her 3 sounds like its going to be a great initiater, especially for team fights! And a total pain in the *** to deal with!

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » May 14, 2013 7:53pm | Report
I swear, I'm about this close to quitting the game. Taking a good thing and totally destroying it... that's what's been done with so many things. Gods are popped out like rabbit spawn, the abilities are ****ed the leveling system is now imbecilic and on top of that they buffed Ne Zha who let's admit doesn't need a buff.

How much more of fools can Hi-Rez get? They're going to lose players, and fast unless they quit the **** and fix the real issues, like glitches and performance issues. Instead, they **** around with the game in ways that make is worse than it originally was.

Rant over. Initiate forum rebuttals.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » May 14, 2013 11:48pm | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

I swear, I'm about this close to quitting the game. Taking a good thing and totally destroying it... that's what's been done with so many things. Gods are popped out like rabbit spawn, the abilities are ****ed the leveling system is now imbecilic and on top of that they buffed Ne Zha who let's admit doesn't need a buff.

How much more of fools can Hi-Rez get? They're going to lose players, and fast unless they quit the **** and fix the real issues, like glitches and performance issues. Instead, they **** around with the game in ways that make is worse than it originally was.

It's a beta. Betas are meant for testing. As you can see, they're testing to see if this new levelling system works.

If Smite did this during it's full release, then I'd question them more. But it's a beta, please remember people are let into beta to test.

And guys, don't try to rebuttal the quoted post anymore. What needs to be said has already been said.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » May 15, 2013 3:05am | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

If anything is messed up, it's the damn tiered abilities.

The problem I'm seeing with Ne Zha is that he's a pubstomper, like most of the melee carry/assassin gods. Against uncoordinated or inexperienced players, he is very likely to get fed and carry games, but against any coordinated team or competent players who know how to play against him, he's very likely to get bullied to the point where he will fall behind and never catch up.

These designs are always a nightmare to balance due to the existence of the casual and competitive environments; a god who might be crazy effective in casual lke could be complete garbage in competitive. Ne Zha is going through the same thing Anubis did a few months back, and more recently Kali: while trying to make them more viable in competitive, they're making them a complete menace in the casual scene, which unfortunately, is where the majority of SMITE players reside. Anubis and Kali both got nerfed shortly after their buffs. Ne Zha might suffer the same fate if he proves too dominating in casual.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » May 15, 2013 6:30am | Report
Let's play Smite!

But guys, I accept all changes that hirez does, as long as one, it is still beta and two, they don't do a huge change for gameplay. I mean buffing and debuffing gods isn't that big because is more of a test to see whether or not the god is better or worse with this change. I personally think that the changes are risk vs reward, and they are taking a lot of risk. Furthermore, it is hard to control the balance of gods as they have too many. I do agree that they are increasing the amount of gods in the game too drastically, and they should slow down and try and concentrate with what they have, their strengths and weaknesses before introducing new content. What would not be ok would be the change in map formation, RIP old map with health and defence buffs.

Lets just see how this all turns out, I mean hopefully we can put some kind of faith in the developers in this game to focus more on the old stuff and less on trying to get new stuff. I mean, one strength of this game is that it is not League of Legends! Although, it is starting to look like it...
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }