Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Proper Jungle Rotations?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Proper Jungle Rotations? 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » December 27, 2015 6:19pm | Report
How does this work?
How long am I supposed to spend in one lane and what not?
I got harassed about how I was doing a terrible job rotating.. However we won.

Yes I recently posted about taking harassment lightly, but maybe I was doing a bad job.. Idk.
Maybe i did though.
I just dont know how it actually works out too much

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 28, 2015 1:13pm | Report
yeah this is a bit hard to explain but jungling depends on a game.

depending on how much camps there are up or if you only want a bit of pressure decides how long you stay in a lane. and when counter ganking the enemy can also influence this. The onyl thing I can recommend is look at some people who main jungle and tell you why they do this or how they recognize something. (this is what I did for LoL to refine my jungling which is still bad in most cases)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » December 28, 2015 1:20pm | Report
The thing about jungle is there isn't really a unified strategy aside from "keep moving." You can always watch pro games to see what they do if you're unsure of what you're supposed to be doing.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » December 28, 2015 1:27pm | Report
I would watch Weak3n on YouTube (is that how you spell it?). I find that his small commentary while playing helps out a bit.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 28, 2015 1:55pm | Report
the commentary is one of the biggest [part about people who are good in jungling. I'm going to recommend watching Stonewall too only he is a LoL player it can help out a bit (only don't look at item choices more on his ganking commentary)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » December 28, 2015 6:47pm | Report
Reau, you need to jungle with your heart ! Its like a flower , if the fire gets too close to 1 of the petals, help them ! If a petal wants to grow ( take a tower/the lead by killing a enemy) then help it.

*Disclaimer : to achieve your goal follow the tips I gave you, Check the map each 2 seconds and grow its size ! Mine occupies 40% of the right side of the screen
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sodsboy » December 29, 2015 8:42pm | Report
Alright, as a general tip I would say you should spend the shortest amount of time in the lane as possible. Probably staying for maybe 30-60 seconds at most but you should be traversing the lane and not hogging it (Don't do this to the solo laner....He'll hate you for eternity) Apart from that, just rotate to lanes when you see it's needed. It comes down to common sense and thinking which only you can do.
IGN: Soddyboy
Curse: Sodsboy
Steam: Sodsboy

Sodsboy

Memorable (10)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 30, 2015 2:15am | Report
Sodsboy wrote:

Probably staying for maybe 30-60 seconds at most

unless you are asked to hold that lane (so the money and exp isn't lost while laner x died)

and after that if a gank failed you want to go back to the jungle fast (unless a rotation popped out)
if a gank is successful you want to help push the wave under the tower (enemy losing more exp and gold) and then go back to the jungle

(and because assassins mostly burst people the amount of time sods gave you is pretty accurate (the 60 is long though)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » December 30, 2015 6:28am | Report
Sodsboy wrote:

Alright, as a general tip I would say you should spend the shortest amount of time in the lane as possible. Probably staying for maybe 30-60 seconds at most but you should be traversing the lane and not hogging it (Don't do this to the solo laner....He'll hate you for eternity) Apart from that, just rotate to lanes when you see it's needed. It comes down to common sense and thinking which only you can do.

Alright that sounds good, but I'm thrown off from my experiences. When I jungle I see the enemy jungler in another lane for quite an amount of time. That causes me to sit in that same lane to help out, what's usually the solo or mid lane, for as long as he's in. This usually always happens especially against Mercs.

Another situation I've been in several times is when more than 1 lane is getting pushed in. Last night I no **** had the solo and duo lane getting pushed or flat out getting killed.

Now I used to solo lane quite a bit so that being said, if I know there's a bad matchup in said lane, let's say Scylla vs Eset, should I attend to that lane a bit more?

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sodsboy » January 5, 2016 4:52am | Report
iReauxbot wrote:

Alright that sounds good, but I'm thrown off from my experiences. When I jungle I see the enemy jungler in another lane for quite an amount of time. That causes me to sit in that same lane to help out, what's usually the solo or mid lane, for as long as he's in. This usually always happens especially against Mercs.

Another situation I've been in several times is when more than 1 lane is getting pushed in. Last night I no **** had the solo and duo lane getting pushed or flat out getting killed.

Now I used to solo lane quite a bit so that being said, if I know there's a bad matchup in said lane, let's say Scylla vs Eset, should I attend to that lane a bit more?

Well whilst you could attend to the lane and help push them out and earn a bit more, you should never spend that much time in that lane. Maybe one wave and some poking before heading back to the jungle.
An important thing to note is that if your mid doesn't mind and can distract both the mid and the jungler for long enough is to go into their part of the jungle and take a back camp or both from them (Even better if you're a Loki is too cheekily remove a wave using decoy and giving your mid laner a full wave to attack with.
But always...ALWAYS punish the jungler if he decides to get greedy, even if it means damaging them enough to force them to back which is common with Thor players as Anvil of Dawn has decent range to easily dunk someone with.
As usual you should attend the lanes when you can, if the laner dies feel free to take the lane for a while until they come back and once they return go do back camps or whatever buffs are up.
IGN: Soddyboy
Curse: Sodsboy
Steam: Sodsboy

Sodsboy

Memorable (10)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }