Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is Every God/Immortal Viable?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Is Every God/Immortal Viable? 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » September 10, 2015 6:42am | Report
Hey Smite Community. New player here obviously, first MOBA actually, and from what Ive seen ans experienced over the last month is that every character is pretty damn good. And ive watched quite a few streams and tourney gameplay videos and each God has been used. Ive been told Arachne ans Awilix arent recommended in Conquest. And Thanatos isn't so good late game. But some people still rip people apart with him. This seems to render tier list a bit ineffective in my opinion.
Does this experience and thought train change later down the road?

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » September 10, 2015 7:02am | Report
In casuals you can do well with any god. Once you're in a high enough rank though, you begin to become limited by your god's capabilities. For example, Anubis can wreak havoc in casuals but in higher level matches, his lack of movement abilities and rotation potential make him a very weak pick compared to other mages.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » September 10, 2015 7:05am | Report
It depends if you play casual or ranked. In casual games, every god will be played.
In ranked... not all of them, depending of the current meta. To know which god are performing best in the current meta, you can have a look on tier lists (on youtube for instance).

Some gods are doing good, whatever the meta is, just because of their own statistics/abilities, like Bellona, Athena, Khepri and Serqet (most of them are perma-banned in US)
However, the current meta would favor the warrior solo laners (due to the recent change on the Bluestone Pendant) like Sun Wukong and healers (due to the nerf of Weakening Curse) like Hel.

Guan Yu is probably back in the game, but Vamana and Ravana are still not being played often.
Xbox One Player

Timezone CET (Paris, Europe)
Playtime From 7pm to 12am
Pref. Roles Support | Jungler

Have a look on my brand new Arachne guide!

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » September 10, 2015 7:07am | Report
Yep, also important factor that raises Zilby. Evades are really important in ranked games, which makes Ra, Anubis and Zeus (and some others) very easy gank targets in competitive games.
You are more likely to see Janus, Nu Wa, Poseidon or Scylla in ranked games.
Xbox One Player

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » September 10, 2015 7:11am | Report
Like it depends on so much! Mechanical skill, build, matchup, if the enemy team are good etc etc.

But there are gods that are less effective than others, for example:
Mercury, he got nerfed super hard when they removed Sprint 3.
Arachne, she is a less effective version of Thanatos IMO. With the upside that you CAN NOT 1v1 her early midgame, but her teamfight is horrendous.
Vamana, he as well got nerfed hard by the removal of Sprint 3. Got a bit better now with the nerf to Weakening Curse and the new Bluestone, but gods like Guan, SWK, Osiris are better in teamfights.

So there is definitely a reason to follow a tier list when picking gods, but it mostly comes down to skill and experience.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » September 10, 2015 7:17am | Report
Vithaliy wrote:

It depends if you play casual or ranked. In casual games, every god will be played.
In ranked... not all of them, depending of the current meta.

This again comes down to what teams you are playin with/against. For instance, in my normal casual games I get a lot higher ranked ppl than I get in my ranked games because I'm just at 1900 elo. So for me it is a lot easier to go something like Anubis, or Ne Zha with Fatalis etc in ranked than it is in casuals. :P

But you get less ppl raging in casuals than in ranked when you do it though, because ppl with 1200 elo in Silver 4 think they are hot stuff all of a sudden because they are playing ranked :p
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » September 10, 2015 7:50am | Report
Ahaha, this is so true! :D
"I'm going Artemis ADC with Deathbringer as a first item. Yeah, I'm playing ranked, I know my stuff!"
Xbox One Player

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » September 10, 2015 9:08am | Report
Oohh. Sorry for the noob thread. I dont understand a lot of the mechanics of this game yet. Just a few opinions of mine.
Can some builds change a Gods viability? You guys said abilities, but arent there some tricks to it as well?

(Speaking of which, is this better than league of legends?)
I get training exercises in different places so i had nothing to do on the ship. Wondering which one is quite better.

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 10, 2015 10:28am | Report
This is a trick question.

Firstly, skill is a non-factor in tier lists. With enough of a skill gap, you can beat anyone with anything - therefore, tier lists and viability should NOT depend on it.

Secondly, if you think that every god is "pretty damn good," I'll be blunt: You are very wrong. Your sheer wrongness could match the combined wrongness of the spelling efforts of a million preschoolers. This is the Lamborghini of wrong.

Finally, LoL is way better. It's harder and less intuitive due to the top-down format, but it's better.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » September 10, 2015 11:22am | Report
Legit response SubZero. I guess its the players using them. That guy Shing was using characters and making them look amaazing. Thanks man. Or chick.

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }