Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Help about using Hunters

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Help about using Hunters 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LindsayLohan » September 30, 2015 12:00pm | Report
Hello, I'm kinda new to the game, I've been playing for around a month and a half and I like to use the hunters, so my problem is this: I feel that whenever I'm shooting I shoot really slow, during early game (even with the buff) , compared to the enemy, and also that sometimes whenever I'm successfully shooting someone they escape and I feel I move very slow, which I managed to fix by using boots, so my question is: Is it expected to get a lot of kills in early game? I have no problems during mid and late game, but in early game is when I feel I really don't do much.

The hunters I use the most are: xBalanque, Medusa, Neith and Apollo, thanks for your help!

LindsayLohan

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 30, 2015 1:28pm | Report
early game kills depend on you and the support. Also it may feel like you are shooting slower but that more an illusion (or in some cases it's true because of lvl difference or base attack speeds)

the move issue is pretty standard because if you use a basic attack you get a movement speed penalty. if the other player is fleeing they aren;t shooting so they don't have a movementspeed reduction meaning they are quicker then you.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LindsayLohan » September 30, 2015 3:45pm | Report
Usually I'm about 1 or 2 levels above the enemy since I like to kill the minions first before attacking, is that how you're supposed to do it? Because if I attack before clearing the minions usually one of my attacks always hits a minion and that's very frustrating. Also, when you say "base attack speeds" does that mean that there are certain gods (hunters) that attack faster than others? If so, who's the fastest?

I guess I also forgot to mention, I usually always play Conquest.

LindsayLohan

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » September 30, 2015 4:14pm | Report
You get more attack speed as you level up, but yes, some gods are a bit faster than other. It's not a big difference tho. I think the fastest are Ah Muzen Cab and Cupid at lvl 20, the slowest must be Xbalanque and Hou Yi.
But what makes the difference is your build and the god abilities.
Some gods have "steroids" (attack speed boost) in their abilities ( Medusa, Artemis, Ullr, Ah Muzen Cab, Xbalanque ...) or passive ( Apollo), while some don't.
Some hunters will also tend to be used for AA (auto attacks, meaning that your abilities are not your main source of damage) while some will be more ability based and some other are versatile (it's up to you to choose). That will also have an influence on their builds. If you are going for an AA build, you will need a lot of attack speed in your build ( Ichaival, The Executioner and Hastened Fatalis can be core in that case) while if you go ability based you'll need more power (using Transcendence is then "mandatory").
Xbox One Player

Timezone CET (Paris, Europe)
Playtime From 7pm to 12am
Pref. Roles Support | Jungler

Have a look on my brand new Arachne guide!

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » September 30, 2015 4:30pm | Report
Vithaliy wrote:

You get more attack speed as you level up, but yes, some gods are a bit faster than other. It's not a big difference tho. I think the fastest are Ah Muzen Cab and Cupid at lvl 20, the slowest must be Xbalanque and Hou Yi.
But what makes the difference is your build and the god abilities.
Some gods have "steroids" (attack speed boost) in their abilities ( Medusa, Artemis, Ullr, Ah Muzen Cab, Xbalanque ...) or passive ( Apollo), while some don't.
Some hunters will also tend to be used for AA (auto attacks, meaning that your abilities are not your main source of damage) while some will be more ability based and some other are versatile (it's up to you to choose). That will also have an influence on their builds. If you are going for an AA build, you will need a lot of attack speed in your build ( Ichaival, The Executioner and Hastened Fatalis can be core in that case) while if you go ability based you'll need more power (using Transcendence is then "mandatory").

I actually want to correct Vithaliy :

The fastest AA god on SMITE is Apollo, for the hunters. he's passive, Audacity, gives him a 100% bonus atk speed from he's on, so no way can out atk speed Apollo if both hunters have the same build. Also, Cupid and Anhur have the lowest AA in the game.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » September 30, 2015 11:07pm | Report
I haven't double checked, but according to smitewiki, the base attack speed of Cupid is 0.95 (+1.8% per level) which makes him the fastest at lvl 20 (with AMC) for the BASE attack speed. Of course, as mentioned, if you take into consideration the passive OR abilities, Cupid is actually one of the slowest (as he has no steroids). Anhur has the slowest AS rate at lvl 1, but not at lvl 20 (same reason, he scales better than others per lvl).

PS: you forced my to doublecheck! :D

At lvl 20, the base attack speed :
- Apollo : 1.27
- Ah Muzen Cab : 1.27
- Anhur : 1.21
- Cupid : 1.29
- Hou Yi : 1.12
- Xbalanque : 1.14
Xbox One Player

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 30, 2015 11:08pm | Report

I actually want to correct Vithaliy :

The fastest AA god on SMITE is Apollo, for the hunters. he's passive, Audacity, gives him a 100% bonus atk speed from he's on, so no way can out atk speed Apollo if both hunters have the same build. Also, Cupid and Anhur have the lowest AA in the game.

your correction is partly invalid. as apollo makes use of a steriod while we were talking about Base attackspeed (the stat itself without item or ability/passive effects on it (and normally lvl 2))

EDIT:
I'm using this graph it's a bit outdated
-Base attacks speed fastest hunters with 1.00 AS: Xbalanque
-slowest Base attack speed is Hou Yi with 0.90

-highest Attack speed at lvl 20 from base stats+growth: Cupid with 1.31
-lowest attackspeed at lvl 20 from base stats+growth: Hou Yi with 1.14

EDIT:EDIT: I messed something up in last one by trying to order the graph from highest to lowest which screwed things up.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » September 30, 2015 11:34pm | Report
I'm not sure it's relevant to focus on lvl 1, as you stay on this level only for 30 seconds in the game! xD
That's why all my stats were for lvl 20. But thanks for confirming Devampi! ;)
Xbox One Player

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 30, 2015 11:38pm | Report
Vithaliy wrote:

I'm not sure it's relevant to focus on lvl 1, as you stay on this level only for 30 seconds in the game! xD
That's why all my stats were for lvl 20. But thanks for confirming Devampi! ;)

it's also not useful to talk about lvl 20 base stats because you will always have an item by this time that gives you AS.

And it's especially not useful to use lvl 20 stats when talking about the early game.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » October 1, 2015 12:40am | Report
Ahah, "touché".
That's were your graph is really interesting as it allows to have a quick view on how the gods changes throughout the game. Of course your build will be the main difference...

Anyway I agree, that why I wrote that in the first place (to answer LindsayLohan's question) :

Vithaliy wrote:
You get more attack speed as you level up, but yes, some gods are a bit faster than other. It's not a big difference tho. [...] But what makes the difference is your build and the god abilities.

To get back to the first post, It's OK to feel slow with Xbalanque, Medusa or Neith but you should not feel "slow" with Apollo. It could simply be an "illusion", but maybe you're not using the proper build?

Also, getting the first blood is not just about attack speed. For example, with Medusa you'll most likely get the first blood with a good use of her 2 and 1 ( Acid Spray/ Viper Shot) or ultimate.
Xbox One Player

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }