Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Want to improve at Conquest

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Want to improve at Conquest 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lunacalx » January 10, 2022 11:54am | Report
Hey,

I am new to Smite and have really gotten into playing it hard for the past month. I am pretty okay with the other game modes but, it is very rare that me and my friends actually play conquest. I want to get better so that they are not locked into specific roles. They set me up as the Carry/Jungler. I am not sure how to do much beyond the Support Role and to be fair, I am trash (imo) at Carry.

If there are folks with tips, or such that would be awesome.

Lunacalx

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 10, 2022 12:49pm | Report
Hi Luna,

Welcome to SMITE and our SMITEFire site!

I have some initial questions for you, and some references you might find helpful.

Questions:
  • Is SMITE your first MOBA style game? Or have you played other games a good amount, such as League of Legends, DOTA 2, etc.? If so, you might have a general idea of what you should be doing as ADC or jungler, but if not, we'll probably want to start simpler.

• How familiar are you with the Support role, in your opinion? It might actually help to get a more descriptive response on what you do and when, which gods you prefer in that role, and what you do in general situations.
As for the references, to start I'm going to point you to the Conquest guide, found here: https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/the-overarching-conquest-guide-12069 If you're willing to read, there's a ton of general information there. You don't have to read everything, but I'd probably point out general sections in the Overview chapter, and then you can reference the individual ADC and Jungle chapters. I detail starting routes, what you should be doing in the early portion and later portions of a game, which standard starting item options you have, and what you should be thinking about. I can answer any further questions you may have as well.

If an actual talk is something you'd prefer, we can also set up a time to jump on Discord to more directly answer any questions you can think of.

Finally, just to start with ADC, I'm going to link some pro ADC players for you:

https://www.youtube.com/c/BaRRaCCuDDa
https://www.youtube.com/c/PandaCatSmite
https://www.youtube.com/c/Zapman

Watching how they play, and what they're doing at various stages of the game, will probably help a lot.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » January 10, 2022 12:55pm | Report
Hey, Lunacalx. As someone who mains Conquest, and the Carry role specifically, I'd be happy to share what I know. I'm not sure how much background knowledge you have on the role, so I will give a general summary and then answer any specific questions that you may have as follow up.

So to start, Attack Damage Carries (ADCs) play the game with the goal of being their teams highest DPS (Damage Per Second) output by the late game phase of a match. Rather than relying on abilities to deal a large amount of damage in a single burst, carries rely on consistent damage output via their Auto Attacks. This is useful for tackling the big objectives such as Fire Giant, enemy structures like Towers, Phoenixes, and Titan, and tanky enemy frontlines.

The way that these carries achieve this high damage output by the late game is mainly through their itemization. Therefore, maximizing your farm will be a key concept for you to keep in mind throughout the early phases of a match.

To briefly break down the stages of a match:

Early game - You'll start lane with your support usually until you can safely full clear the wave. Minion waves exert extraordinary pressure within the first few minutes of a game, so outclearing your enemy is essential for establishing lane pressure. If you are playing a god with weaker early game clear, that usually means that your power spike comes later in the match, so you should safe farm and do your best to limit your enemy ADC's farm lead.

Mid game - As you continue to farm, whether or not your team has pressure will determine how you play around the Gold Fury, the key objective on your side of the map. You'll want to solo farm as much as possible, but you should be wary of enemies who may try to prevent you from farming safely (ie enemy Jungler or Support). Warding and communication with your team of enemy movement is crucial.

Late game - As you get your items online (ie Starter upgrade) and group with your team, you'll be able to pressure neutral objectives like Fire Giant and push lanes as opportunities arise. If you're forced on the defensive, you'll want to position yourself far back enough as to avoid getting picked off while also enabling you to dissuade enemy frontline from overextending.

Next I will cover some popular ADC picks in the current meta. Currently, magical ADCs are very strong, especially when paired with a Hunter Mid. This includes picks like Olorun, Sol, and Freya. For Hunters, it is generally recommended to pick higher pressure gods who can hold their own in a lane and on ganks. This includes picks like Izanami, Medusa, Ah Muzen Cab, Heimdallr, and Charybdis.

For itemization, Hunters follow a pretty universally accepted build path:
Death's Toll - The Crusher - Asi - Wind Demon - The Executioner - Death's Embrace - Deathbringer

As for the Mage ADCs, the ring tree is very strong, and for non-Freya gods it is usually recommended to pick up some form of Lifesteal such as Typhon's Fang.

Olorun/Sol - Gilded Arrow - Ring of Hecate - Typhon's Fang - Telkhines Ring - Demonic Grip - Diamond Arrow - Rod of Tahuti

Freya - Gilded Arrow - Ring of Hecate - Hastened Ring - Telkhines Ring - Demonic Grip - Diamond Arrow - Rod of Tahuti

This is a basic overview of the role. Let me know any specific questions you have and I will do my best to provide an answer.

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » January 10, 2022 3:51pm | Report
Other than the cheap power spike from Diamond Arrow, it's better to get Typhon's / Tahuti last item on Freya if you want the higher dps option and gold isn't an issue. Also on Sol it's better to go Magus or Shard over Demonic if you're going 2 rings (e.g. Telk + Hecate).

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }