Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

old man but new gamer, need help.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Introductions & Matchmaking » old man but new gamer, need help. 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by retrosteam45 » February 26, 2018 5:18am | Report
Just started playing this game a couple weeks ago and I love it. My son has been playing for a year or so and I decided I needed to see why he was always playing the same game. I would really like to find some players on here who I could play with that have a little patience and understand I'm a little behind the power curve instead of just blasting me because i miss an attack or don't understand alot about this game yet.

retrosteam45

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » February 26, 2018 5:45am | Report
Hello and welcome! :)

Where are you from (timezone) and when do you usually have time to play?

I don't have to much time to play in the weekdays unfortunately. But I could probably make time for a few games at least. I most definetly do not care if we lose hehe

I myself live in Oslo (gmt+1) and I'm normally on for a game or two from 16:00-17:00 then again for a few games some time between 19:00 to 22:00. But I have no set schedule, I check out the forum all the time though. So just send me a PM or comment on the thread and I will see what I have time for.

And I'm sure there is more ppl on here that wouldn't mind doing a couple of games with you!
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » February 26, 2018 9:01am | Report
Welcome! I play late at night from the US pacific coast (Gmt -8) which is very inconvenient when looking to play with most others =p

But you can add me (PC in game name is Muffinman17) and if we are on at the same time I'll play with you and can help you learn the basics...
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by retrosteam45 » February 26, 2018 8:15pm | Report
Thanks guys, I live in Goergia so eastern and I have been retired for a few years now so I can pretty much play whenever.

retrosteam45

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by retrosteam45 » February 26, 2018 8:23pm | Report
I think playing instead of watching videos will help me more, im kinda a hands on guy when it comes to learning.

retrosteam45

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » February 26, 2018 10:47pm | Report
IF you're in Georgia I can def play with you. I have a PC account, but I'm more active on console. I'm not the best but I'll help you as much as I can. I usually play kinda early in the day, like around 11 am or noon depending on the day.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » February 26, 2018 10:52pm | Report
Oh almost forgot. IGN on PC is same here but with a lowercase p.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » February 26, 2018 11:26pm | Report
retrosteam45 wrote:

I think playing instead of watching videos will help me more, im kinda a hands on guy when it comes to learning.

If you want to learn Conquest I would definitely reccomend watching some pro streamers etc.

But for just lesrning mechanics of the game playing is the way to go of course and IMO the arena gamemode is the best on for that. Then start watching streams on different roles in Conquests to learn the mod and builds etc.

But also remember having fun, ^_^
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » February 27, 2018 8:33am | Report
Some quick tips...especially when you're new to this type of game.
  • Under the play option, you have a variety of modes you can choose. If you just want to go into a "practice" scenario just to see how the god feels, go into Jungle Practice.

• Rather than jump headfirst into the biggest game mode (Conquest), try some basic fighting modes...Arena for basic fighting mechanics, maybe Joust for a very mini version of the slower pace of Conquest with concern about securing specific buffs and jungle monsters (even warding is important there).

• Don't stick with one god. Try them all (whatever you have available unless you bought the god pack and have them all). Give each multiple chances, helps you learn what they can do. This improves your own play with them, and makes you familiar with what they can do if you face them.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by retrosteam45 » February 27, 2018 8:46am | Report
Yeah, ive been playing arena and made the mistake of looking at the quest list and decided to play a conquest with no idea what i was doing lol.

retrosteam45

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }