Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New Player really trying to stay in the game.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Introductions & Matchmaking » New Player really trying to stay in the game. 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ItchEWeasel » April 9, 2020 4:41pm | Report
Howdy All,
First and foremost would like to say, I play on Xbox. So if this community does not support Xbox players, I would love to know. If you all do, AMAZING!! I am here to actively learn about the game and especially the equipment. That being the most confusing component. Lol.😂 Anyway hope to learn a lot here 😂

ItchEWeasel

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » April 9, 2020 4:55pm | Report
Is this a bot?

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 10, 2020 1:02am | Report
Can't tell, but couldn't find a botted link from r/SMITE. Will take this as a real person =)

ItchE, hiya. We support all players. xMyst (commented here already) is an Xbox player. We also have PS4 regulars, and it's cool if they play cross-platform or console only.

There's a lot to learn with the game. Learning about the many different gods you can play, what their abilities are so you know how to play with/against them, learning about the different items and how to build optimally for the role, etc., are all things that just take time.

That said, there are some resources you can use to increase your understanding of various aspects of the game. It's difficult to just start at the beginning, so if you have specific questions, please feel free to ask the community and we'll be happy to help.

A couple of links that can help:

https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/an-in-depth-discussion-on-item-choices-s7-patch-7-3-quot-grim-omens-quot-14522

https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/the-overarching-conquest-guide-s7-patch-7-3-quot-grim-omens-quot-12069

Kriega also has a listing of different links that he should be able to post.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ItchEWeasel » April 10, 2020 12:57pm | Report
Nope not a bot lol...Was it because I used smilies? I will try to be less bottish in the future haha. Thanks for the links! I will for sure check them out.

ItchEWeasel

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » April 10, 2020 1:01pm | Report
ItchEWeasel wrote:

Nope not a bot lol...Was it because I used smilies? I will try to be less bottish in the future haha. Thanks for the links! I will for sure check them out.

No it's because we had some forum problem where bots were copying posts from Smite reddit or very old posts on here then reposting them.

Also here's the link that Bran was talking about: https://www.smitefire.com/smite/blog/kriega1/online-text-link-for-online-linking

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » April 10, 2020 1:01pm | Report
You're good man. We had an issue in the site where multiple bots/trolls spammed the site with outdated posts and advertisements. So myst was being extra cautious. Welcome to the site.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » April 10, 2020 1:01pm | Report
ItchEWeasel wrote:

We've been having a spam bot (or bots) that take posts from Reddit and post them here in an attempt to appear as legitimate users. The bot(s) will then come back later and insert links to commercial websites. Myst is just being overly cautious in this instance. Welcome to the site and I hope your question was answered. :)

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ItchEWeasel » April 10, 2020 1:04pm | Report
Gulfwulf wrote:

We've been having a spam bot (or bots) that take posts from Reddit and post them here in an attempt to appear as legitimate users. The bot(s) will then come back later and insert links to commercial websites. Myst is just being overly cautious in this instance. Welcome to the site and I hope your question was answered. :)

The intro questions haha. I'm sure there will be so many more ☺️. Anyway glad we got it cleared I'm not a bot and on that it's a bummer sites like this are plagued in such a way. Thanks for the warm welcome folks

ItchEWeasel

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » April 10, 2020 1:05pm | Report
Wow, u me and kriega all typed out replies at the same time.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » April 11, 2020 2:49am | Report
welcome to the site.

Bran's item guide is probably one of the biggest helps to help you understand the items. Kriega's link probably have some build advise for the rest, just ask questions for things you want to know. probably someone will have an answer for it

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }