Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What Kind Of Player Are You?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » What Kind Of Player Are You? 27 posts - page 3 of 3

Poll Question:

What Kind Of Player Are You?
Proactive / Aggressive / Shot-Caller
Proactive / Aggressive / Follower
Proactive / Defensive / Shot-Caller
Proactive / Defensive / Follower
Reactive / Aggressive / Shot-Caller
Reactive / Aggressive / Follower
Reactive / Defensive / Shot-Caller
Reactive / Defensive / Follower
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 13, 2019 5:15pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

I'm casual but I still find it an interesting subject and consideration.

I thought you weren't particularly fond of conquest?
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 13, 2019 5:18pm | Report
Actually I've always been interested in Conquest. Mostly didn't play it much because it's a social game to me and the people I usually group with don't prefer Conq. But Taco's always been okay with any mode, and more recently I've been able to get Boogie to play more Conq. Add DV-8 into that mix (he almost solely plays Conq) and Salad or whomever and I've got a group that I can play Conq with regularly.

And as of right now, I find it much more interesting than all the other modes. I'm now at a point where I don't even mind solo-queuing, but I do still prefer playing with friends.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 14, 2019 12:06am | Report
So I'm gonna post reactive, defensive, shotcaller. Gonna explain this when I'm at my pc again.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PsiGuard » May 14, 2019 1:53pm | Report
I went with Reactive / Aggressive / Shot-Caller. Several years ago I would have said Reactive / Defensive / Follower since I'm a pretty conservative player by default, but I joined a League team in college and had to pick up the shotcalling slack to make it work. My play is usually more macro-oriented so it works out.

I don't really know if Reactive / Defensive / Shotcaller makes sense. As a shotcaller I feel you have to be somewhat proactive or aggressive or you're not really doing your job. Maybe I'm just a bit hazy on the difference between Reactive and Defensive though. :P
PsiGuard

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 14, 2019 3:01pm | Report
I understand the confusion between reactive and defensive. Normally, if you're defensive (conservative, being safe), you're hanging back, poking from distance, and waiting for an attempt from the enemy so you can react and counter.

Shot-caller I think is just recognizing situations, having strong overall awareness, and being able to know when it's important to pull back, go for specific objectives, etc. So I separate that a lot from actual gameplay.

But maybe I can describe a different situation for the others. I think you can be reactive and aggressive as you're describing yourself. Aggressive is perhaps more of being okay initiating damage, or being a threat positionally to either force an enemy to engage you, or back off. You can then be reactive (get in their face and force them into a move)...or proactive (whether or not they make a move, you make a further move and steal camps from them, etc.).

I dunno, maybe this isn't making sense. I think maybe it might be better thinking of it more like...aggressive/defensive being direct playstyle in a fighting situation. Are you going in first, or are you waiting for the enemy to go in? Proactive/reactive is perhaps a somewhat higher concept, larger movements within the map in general, making a move to steal an objective or gank a lane, or waiting to see where the enemy goes and what they leave open for stealing due to their focus on something else.

Thoughts?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 14, 2019 11:46pm | Report
Defensive aggresive sis a playstyle and in most cases will give you a tendency of champion or role. Aggressive players ussually are the damage dealers or initiators in a teamfight.
Defensive can more be seen in the support role with backline supports or preffering to peel instead of initiate.

Proactive reactive has to do with actions. Like are you reacting to the plays and the mistakes made by the enemy or are you trying to do stuff to force the enemy to make mistakes.

Totally forgot to explain yesterday why and stuff will do this again later today

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 15, 2019 12:25am | Report
So why am I a reactive defensive shotcaller (tank) player.

As most of you know I play LoL and I have a premade with friends here. Also I'm a support main there. Just some background info. Also in the premade our adc is our highest ranking player and our best working comps are quite some protect the carry comps

So why primarily reactive? Mostly because during laning phase I can be pretty passive until either the enemy makes a huge mistake we can capitalise on or we turn an enemy engage.
However, during the match I kinda shift away from reactive to proactive if we manage to get ahead quickly prolonging or strengthening the snowball and making sure we keep playing our game instead of the enemy.

Defensive, because not only of the team comp but also main preference. I tend to prefer peeling over engaging mostly because for some reason my team (more in solo queue) adc always dies because no one will peel otherwise.
Also I tend to play more passively in lane only going more aggressive when we have a lead. I have been practising a bit more on aggresiveness with my ranged (non poke) supports there, however it needs quite some work

The interesting one shotcaller. In teamplay it get quite complicated as we kinda have 3-4 persons that tend to do it. One of them being my adc. So during laning phase we discuss a lot sometimes to stay on 1 line.
During this phase I can end up being more of a follower depending on the lane and what my adc plans are.
During laning phase not only our lane calls shots but also our mid and sometimes our top will too. #poorjgl getting pushed around.
Later in the game stuff switches mostly to me and our adc where our adc focusses mostly on we want to fight or want to split etc.
I myself mostly look at macro plays and objectives.

In the end on shot calling sometimes everyone will kinda do their own thing which is sometimes detrimental. But well that's kinda a thing with 3 shot calling player types and 1 follower (the last persons is hard to type)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }