Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What Kind Of Player Are You?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » What Kind Of Player Are You? 27 posts - page 2 of 3

Poll Question:

What Kind Of Player Are You?
Proactive / Aggressive / Shot-Caller
Proactive / Aggressive / Follower
Proactive / Defensive / Shot-Caller
Proactive / Defensive / Follower
Reactive / Aggressive / Shot-Caller
Reactive / Aggressive / Follower
Reactive / Defensive / Shot-Caller
Reactive / Defensive / Follower
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » May 13, 2019 3:44pm | Report
@Kriega This table was designed for use with high-level coaching. I promise you fall under one of these categories, nobody is an exception. I mean you and I both can interchange our playstyles entirely to match the pick we're going. However, I've been playing since smite was a baby and I still fall under a category here for what my natural mentality gravitates my playstyle towards. I naturally gravitate towards Aggressive/Proactive and my weakest mental approach is Defensive/Reactive. I can play any style on the spectrum through sheer force of experience.

But it directly impacts the roles I main, the gods I play the most. An easy way to find your spot is to think about how you play when you're not actively choosing how you play. Its just like a personality, we all have one, we can all put on a good face in public, but underneath everything there is a core that every single one of us has.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 13, 2019 3:45pm | Report
Are you saying we're all hideous DMBrandon monsters under the surface?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 13, 2019 3:50pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Are you saying we're all hideous DMBrandon monsters under the surface?

I mean, I did almost get banned for a month from PSN for sending Smite-related toxic messages...

But yeah, still not as bad as him lol.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 13, 2019 3:52pm | Report
Estidien wrote:

@Kriega This table was designed for use with high-level coaching. I promise you fall under one of these categories, nobody is an exception. I mean you and I both can interchange our playstyles entirely to match the pick we're going. However, I've been playing since smite was a baby and I still fall under a category here for what my natural mentality gravitates my playstyle towards. I naturally gravitate towards Aggressive/Proactive and my weakest mental approach is Defensive/Reactive. I can play any style on the spectrum through sheer force of experience.

But it directly impacts the roles I main, the gods I play the most. An easy way to find your spot is to think about how you play when you're not actively choosing how you play. Its just like a personality, we all have one, we can all put on a good face in public, but underneath everything there is a core that every single one of us has.

So, essentially it doesen't matter that much unless you want to play to the very top of your strengths in competitive play?
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 13, 2019 3:56pm | Report
Salad, what category would you place some of these pros?
  • EmilZy
  • JeffHindla
  • BaRRaCCuDDa
  • Deathwalker
  • Adapting
  • Emilitoo
  • PrettyPriMe
  • Weak3n
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » May 13, 2019 4:17pm | Report
DISCLAIMER: I HAVENT FOLLOWED A LOT OF THESE PLAYERS IN A LONG TIME. THESE ARE ALL PROS AND ARE ALL CAPABLE OF CHANGING THEIR PLAYSTYLE ENTIRELY. THIS IS JUST MY NOTES FROM SOME OBSERVATIONS OF GENERAL GAMEPLAY.

Weak3n: Aggressive/Proactive/Shot-Caller
Jeffhindla: Aggressive/Proactive/Follower
Barraccudda: Aggressive/Reactive/Follower
Adapting: Aggressive/Reactive/(Not sure) Follower
PrettyPriMe: Defensive/Proactive/(I think, not sure) Shot-Caller
Emilzy: Defensive/Reactive/Unknown
Emilitoo: Defensive/Proactive/Unknown
Deathwalker: Aggressive/Reactive/Unknown

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » May 13, 2019 4:18pm | Report
I'd say EmilZy is: Proactive / Aggressive / Shot-Caller.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 13, 2019 4:25pm | Report
I'd say EmilZy is exactly what Salad listed. Keep in mind, Pros do things better and know situations better, but as a Support, he seems to mostly do his job and do it well, and that's for the most part being reactive and peeling and soaking damage unless he's able to initiate well.

In his ranked games, he can be way more aggressive, but in general, I think his playstyle fits the Support mindset.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » May 13, 2019 4:32pm | Report
@Kriega I think you're missing the point of this entirely and focusing far too much on where it originated. It's a useful tool to help new players actively identify where they fall and as such, what roles and gods they might perform best at. The table was originally used my myself when working with competitive/SPL teams to help each-other better identify strengths and weaknesses and as such identify teamwide strategy and comps. Being able to identify your own strengths and weaknesses is important if you're trying to get the best out of yourself when pushing the ranked ladder. Not to mention that often time's you'll get the best results playing to your strenghts unless you HAVE to switch to match the situation.

New players will best benefit from being able to actively identify their own mindset when approaching the game and then matching it to a role or god that they want to take on.

At its core this table is to help a player identify what they do best. The true casual player need pay no mind as they probably wont care.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 13, 2019 5:14pm | Report
I'm casual but I still find it an interesting subject and consideration.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }