Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What does "GG" mean to you?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » What does "GG" mean to you? 32 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 28, 2013 8:48am | Report
In some games you get insta reported for not calling gg after a game, just saying...

It has nothing to do with if you had a DC/feeder or WE. It is a sign of mutual respect.

How hard is it to type ggwp or just gg before you leave the lobby?

Don't be BM and leave without acknowledging the ppl you played against.

If you win a game where the enemy team had a DC, type ggwp followed by a sry for the DC or something. It all comes down to common decency, don't be a sore loser (or winner for that sake).

If you lose a game with a DC, type ggwp followed by report x for x plz.

Calling BG is just stupid, always call ggwp then follow it up with a discussion if there is someone left in the lobby who wants to listen to your whining.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 28, 2013 9:36am | Report
When I play with people and we say GG at the begging of a match, it usually means we are going to win that match so its GOOD GAME already.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » November 28, 2013 11:40am | Report
Am I the only one here who feels the term "good game" or "gg" has lost it's meaning nowadays?

I for one often find it very condescending i.e. that carry who went 30/2 and stomped your team left and right says "gg"... doesn't that feel like he pities your team?
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 28, 2013 12:32pm | Report
It kind of lost it's meaning years ago :P

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 28, 2013 12:54pm | Report
I really do wish people would stop saying things like "We have a DC, gg" NOT A GG WHEN THAT HAPPENS (usually)
Or "Never played this champ before :D" "gg" Pricks...

In some games you get insta reported for not calling gg after a game, just saying...

It has nothing to do with if you had a DC/feeder or WE. It is a sign of mutual respect.

How hard is it to type ggwp or just gg before you leave the lobby?

Don't be BM and leave without acknowledging the ppl you played against.

If you win a game where the enemy team had a DC, type ggwp followed by a sry for the DC or something. It all comes down to common decency, don't be a sore loser (or winner for that sake).

If you lose a game with a DC, type ggwp followed by report x for x plz.

Calling BG is just stupid, always call ggwp then follow it up with a discussion if there is someone left in the lobby who wants to listen to your whining.

Not necessarily. If you get stomped 2/34 as a team score it wasn't a good game.
Sunfall wrote:

Am I the only one here who feels the term "good game" or "gg" has lost it's meaning nowadays?

Nothing means what it used to anymore...
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » November 28, 2013 1:41pm | Report
It really did lose it's meaning. Back then I always put it, but now it's ehhh.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 28, 2013 3:15pm | Report
Sirsir94 wrote:

Not necessarily. If you get stomped 2/34 as a team score it wasn't a good game.

Of course it wasn't a good game, but everyone understands that without you typing bg.

gg is more like saying thanks for the game, which IMO you should do every game even if it was a **** game. Don't see why that shouldn't apply to Smite when it is applied in every other sport (and most online games, if you don't call gg in SC for instance everyone will hate you :P ). If you play soccer and lose 0-20 you still show sportsmanship by shaking your opponents hand before heading for the showers :P

If you don't like to type gg after a game that wasn't bad (just because you want to be hipster and not use the gg as it have been used the last decade) at least type thanks for the match or something. It isn't your opponents fault that it was a bad game, and they deserve to be shown some respect :P

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShinjiEvangelio » November 28, 2013 3:48pm | Report
For me it's a part of game etiquette. You show respect to other players even if You stomped them. It's like "good morning". It's not always good but You say that because You are polite human being.

ShinjiEvangelio

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » November 28, 2013 3:54pm | Report
People who get butthurt when somebody doesn't say GG are stupid. They don't have to say GG if they don't want. I usually say it, but I don't understand why it's a big deal to some.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 28, 2013 4:23pm | Report
It means nothing to me under its normal use. If you finish a sporting event and the teams line up to shake hands and say 'good game', who cares? It's completely impersonal and an act that's basically forced upon everyone involved since you don't want to be 'that guy'. If a player voluntarily comes up to you in the parking lot afterwards, shakes your hand and says good game there, it means something. It's a real show of sportsmanship. Saying GG in the post game lobby with no context is the former scenario.

I don't say GG after a game unless I'm complimenting one player or a group of players who played well or beat me or something. I think that means more than raging at your team all game, mindlessly typing GG, then leaving a lobby.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }