Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What does "GG" mean to you?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » What does "GG" mean to you? 32 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 28, 2013 4:59am | Report
For me it literally means "Good Game"

Good game for both teams. Everyone enjoying it to the last. Not,

GG: We win because you had a DC. :D
or
GG: We win because you had 2 feeders! :D

People should at least see that and not try to make fun of the misfortunes of the other team. :/

Right you feel sorry for yourselves if you got a DC or feeder. Then why not for the other team as well?

Kids these days. As long as its a win they don't care how. It's all a GG to them.
Kind of like real life...
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » November 28, 2013 5:32am | Report
It means a game I really enjoyed , loss or win .A game I had fun playing it despite teammates or enemies leaving the game .
And I always write it "Good game" and not "gg" so that people who don't know what it actually means may understand it .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 28, 2013 5:47am | Report
Romanians wrote:

It means a game I really enjoyed , loss or win .A game I had fun playing it despite teammates or enemies leaving the game .
And I always write it "Good game" and not "gg" so that people who don't know what it actually means may understand it .

So it's a "Good" game to you but not them then it's fine with you? I can understand if some of them got ripped apart without even knowing that they fed. But I will not say GG if the other team obviously knew they had a feeder. I'd just say sorry for feeder and move on.

Unless their all equally bad. Then it's fine. They will learn in the future the more games they play.

Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » November 28, 2013 5:59am | Report
I don't type anything at all after team based matches unless somebody did really good and I want to congratulate him/her because usually people find something to argue about after the match and I don't want to take part in any of it.

I only say "good game" after 1 vs 1 games I enjoyed .

And yes , even though somebody from my team or the enemy team leaves and I enjoy the game it is a "good game" to me , no matter who won .
I won't say "sorry for leaver/feeder" because it is not my fault and I have nothing to apologize .I won't say "good game" either to make the losing team feel worse than they do already .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 28, 2013 6:02am | Report
Saying "Sorry for feeder/leaver" Is another way to say "Sorry for BG"

A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 28, 2013 6:18am | Report
to me ggwp is an understanding between all smite players. it means that you show respect to all the enemy team and maybe your own team.

everyone should always say ggwp after a match because you will atleast show respect to the enemy team or your own team. i think people who say BG are sore losers and don't deserve it to even see the after match lobby.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 28, 2013 6:28am | Report
All4Games wrote:

to me ggwp is an understanding between all smite players. it means that you show respect to all the enemy team and maybe your own team.

everyone should always say ggwp after a match because you will atleast show respect to the enemy team or your own team. i think people who say BG are sore losers and don't deserve it to even see the after match lobby.

Well. What if they had: A DC and a rage quiter. And in the end they say "BG" Do you actually think they're being a sore loser? XD

Try to understand at least why they say bad game. Sometimes just one DC of a real important god could mean a bg.

If they're feeder says GG first. It's obvious it's a bad game. He knew he was feeding and didn't care anymore so he just fed more. So that's also a BG. BG with toxic players. :/

A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 28, 2013 6:36am | Report
i disagree yes it may not have been a really good game for you with dcragerfeederblamer but you show no respect to the enemy team or the rest of your team saying BG instead of ggwp and that is why i think it makes you a sore loser for saying it. it may not have been the best game but you show 0 respect and you sound like a blamer.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 28, 2013 6:41am | Report
All4Games wrote:

i disagree yes it may not have been a really good game for you with dcragerfeederblamer but you show no respect to the enemy team or the rest of your team saying BG instead of ggwp and that is why i think it makes you a sore loser for saying it. it may not have been the best game but you show 0 respect and you sound like a blamer.

For me GG means both teams had fun AND had a challenge. There is no challenge with those kind of condition. :/

A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 28, 2013 7:18am | Report
Like with any word, its connotation depends on context or inflection. You could argue that you can't detect inflection online, but I say things such as spamming it could be considered such.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }